Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vladimir vs Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

t3hep1cf47m4n

07-22-2012

rush a early zhonya and use its active just as you think jax is going to stun you, drop hemo and its gg from there.

Judas Priest

07-22-2012

Quote:
HonorableGeneral:
Snowballing champions are champions who can do a ton of damage with a few kills, regardless of levels. Most AD carries are snowballers since, regardless of level, getting kills means they can complete their builds faster. Since APs like Vlad rely on levels as well as gold, they don't snowball as hard.

A Vlad with a Rabadon's Deathcap at level 1 (hypothetically) would be far, far weaker than a Graves with Infinity Edge at level 1. That's the main difference between late-game and snowball. Late-game champions NEED the late-game to do well, where snowball champions only need kills because their skills don't affect their damage output as much as they do for late-game champions.

I see, so Vladimir is considered a "late-game" champion, while a champion like Shaco, who needs kills, is considered a snowballing champ. Thanks for the explanation!

Judas Priest

07-22-2012

Quote:
t3hep1cf47m4n:
rush a early zhonya and use its active just as you think jax is going to stun you, drop hemo and its gg from there.

That's a good idea, I'll try it when I have the opportunity.

Thel Vadamee

07-22-2012

Quote:
t3hep1cf47m4n:

Ok, how are you planning to get that zhonyas when jax kills you or forces pool every time you come near minions to farm?

Colred

07-22-2012

Jax vs Vlad is an interesting lane. Vlad is less of a counter to Jax than, say, Nasus is to WW or Teemo is to Tryndamere. Without outside interference, Vlad should be able to out-farm Jax, but he's unlikely to get kills for quite a while. The idea for Vlad in this match-up is to keep Jax weak, farm up, and own him in late game. The idea for Jax is to gain lane advantage by grabbing early kills before Vlad has his full sustain, then roaming when Vlad is reduced to farming under his turret.

Both Jax and Vlad are strong late game. The major difference is that Jax is primarily a single-target threat with great mobility. Vlad is an AoE threat with great sustain. If Vlad has another AP champ on his team with WotA, then he's going to be even stronger. Team Jax up with a utility champ like Kayle or Lulu, and he's a one-man wrecking crew.

Judas Priest

07-22-2012

Quote:
Thel Vadamee:
Ok, how are you planning to get that zhonyas when jax kills you or forces pool every time you come near minions to farm?

Good question, how can I farm with Jax near by?

Kirielis

07-22-2012

Threaten him with your jungler. Repeatedly.

HonorableGeneral

07-23-2012

Quote:
Padre Judas:
Good question, how can I farm with Jax near by?

There's a few ways of going about farming with a Jax nearby:

1. Tower hug. You may lose out on farm this way (haven't tested Vlad to see if he can last-hit well at towers), but it's a sure-fire way to diminish Jax's threat. He can't farm if you freeze the lane near tower, since doing so puts him in tower-range. He can't kill you either, since he's overextended and your jungler can come gank. Only side-effects are that Jax will gain farm when he pushes you to turret, and he can leave lane to gank while you're at turret.

2. Jungle camp. Sorta defeats the purpose of counterpicking Jax with Vlad (you could play any solo-top against Jax and win if your jungler camps lane), but very effective. Forces Jax to either have his own jungler camp lane (freeing your bot and mid lanes from ganks) or forces him to back off a bit. Be sure to not push lane to his tower, since he can last-hit well there. Also, if his jungler comes to engage, remember that you do more AOE damage than Jax does, so you + jungler is a more deadly combination than Jax + jungler.

Destabilizator

Recruiter

07-23-2012

^ 2.: That wouldn't work if I was that Jax, the moment I push to their tower and got basically nothing to do + risking being ganked, I just go for their golems. 95% they are up, if you take a peek at their red, you may make nasty surprise and be back before next wave of minions come.
That being sad, I rather jungle Jax.

BlueCounter

08-24-2012

I have only played Vlad for a couple games and my only solo top against Jax was surprisingly easy. What I found you could do was :Harass with your Q several times tempting Jax to leap strike you, Moment he does just pool away from the minions and repeat. Doing this completely outsustains him because you regain the Hp you lost with your Pool by using your Q while damaging him but more importantly, if you pool the moment he leap strikes on you, he takes further damage. His own harras kills him.

Eventually when you out farm Jax and build enough items. Force an engage by stacking your E, engage with your Ult,get your Q off and sanguine pool under him. Jax will be around 30-40 Percent Health depending on his MR and farm. Bait him by 1v1ing him (Note you will also get low on Hp) and just crush him by using your Q and E to keep max stacks up. Most of the time Jax will try to finish you off because you will low enough to be finished off but since you have **** tons of life steal you can Q on him while spamming your E on nearby minions (Assuming you have a Revolver). Then again I am only Lvl 24 but this is my advice to you.