Ask the Eye of Twilight (Shen)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

09-03-2012

Shen would find this letter in an unmarked envelope, though sealed with what appeared to be a hextech device of some sort. The device would come off easily enough when he went to pull it off, however. The contents of the letter was as follows:

Salutations Shen, the Eye of Twilight.

I have heard about your recent issues regarding the Fist of Shadow, Akali, and I thought it best to extend an offer of utmost generosity. You are hailed as a man of honor and conviction, one who has adamantly held on to a sense of justice that disallows emotional attachments and imposes a strict code of conduct. Many have compared your behavior to a soulless machine, following orders with extreme efficiency, and this line of thought makes me curious.

How far would you truly go to ensure balance? You would kill and allow murder, yes. But would you even consider sacrificing your flesh to become one who can bring perfect balance? Would you make certain that emotions and sentimentality would never threaten to distract you from what is most essential?

Relationships are a hindrance, which can cause the fall of even the mightiest of tyrants. Attachments give you a weakness that could be used to your disadvantage. I know this. I was betrayed by a man I thought I could trust. I have experienced desperation, rage, hatred, anguish and I can say that feelings are unnecessary. I have done what I thought was the best, and only, course of action, and so you see me on the Fields of Justice - the fruits of my efforts.

You might consider me a threat to the balance you wish to maintain, but can you truly deny these words? Can you deny that what you read with your own eyes doesn't make sense? I can't force you to do anything, though I humbly implore you to consider undergoing simple augmentations. They may prove to help rid you of any incessant notions that can't benefit your cause.

- Viktor

Ask Shenn

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboy1100 View Post
Shen,
Thanks for the reply. Quite a young age to stop feeling anything. How did you manage to do it? Ive done it to a few of my emotions but Im curious as to your methods.
Isolation and meditation. Only think about balance and inner peace. After 5 years of only thinking about the balance of the world, you care not for other things, such as happiness, anger, love, and other things.

-Shen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Shen would find this letter in an unmarked envelope, though sealed with what appeared to be a hextech device of some sort. The device would come off easily enough when he went to pull it off, however. The contents of the letter was as follows:

Salutations Shen, the Eye of Twilight.

I have heard about your recent issues regarding the Fist of Shadow, Akali, and I thought it best to extend an offer of utmost generosity. You are hailed as a man of honor and conviction, one who has adamantly held on to a sense of justice that disallows emotional attachments and imposes a strict code of conduct. Many have compared your behavior to a soulless machine, following orders with extreme efficiency, and this line of thought makes me curious.

How far would you truly go to ensure balance? You would kill and allow murder, yes. But would you even consider sacrificing your flesh to become one who can bring perfect balance? Would you make certain that emotions and sentimentality would never threaten to distract you from what is most essential?

Relationships are a hindrance, which can cause the fall of even the mightiest of tyrants. Attachments give you a weakness that could be used to your disadvantage. I know this. I was betrayed by a man I thought I could trust. I have experienced desperation, rage, hatred, anguish and I can say that feelings are unnecessary. I have done what I thought was the best, and only, course of action, and so you see me on the Fields of Justice - the fruits of my efforts.

You might consider me a threat to the balance you wish to maintain, but can you truly deny these words? Can you deny that what you read with your own eyes doesn't make sense? I can't force you to do anything, though I humbly implore you to consider undergoing simple augmentations. They may prove to help rid you of any incessant notions that can't benefit your cause.

- Viktor
((I come back from a long day of school and come back to see this on my last page... Ho-ly **** you just made my day and give me something fun to do.))

Shen looked at the weird device and brought it inside. When he was done with everything he opened up the letter and began reading. He looked over it a few times, just to make sure he knew what he was reading, and then began to write.

Viktor,

You give a generous offer, really, but I am not so sure. Before I even consider doing this I want to know, what kind of augmentations are we talking about, and where on the body? I am not so sure about being reborn into your Glorious Revolution. I have seen what that robotic beast, Battle Cast Cho'Gath can do, and if it's sole purpose was to kill for the sake of exterminating human flesh, then it would be something that I cannot allow myself to become, or have it be something you can continue longer. If you wish, we can talk about this, and talk about what kind of augmentations will occur, until then I might lean towards declining the offer.

With all due respect,

Shen

Ask the Herald

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shenn View Post
Isolation and meditation. Only think about balance and inner peace. After 5 years of only thinking about the balance of the world, you care not for other things, such as happiness, anger, love, and other things.

-Shen

((I come back from a long day of school and come back to see this on my last page... Ho-ly **** you just made my day and give me something fun to do.))

Shen looked at the weird device and brought it inside. When he was done with everything he opened up the letter and began reading. He looked over it a few times, just to make sure he knew what he was reading, and then began to write.

Viktor,

You give a generous offer, really, but I am not so sure. Before I even consider doing this I want to know, what kind of augmentations are we talking about, and where on the body? I am not so sure about being reborn into your Glorious Revolution. I have seen what that robotic beast, Battle Cast Cho'Gath can do, and if it's sole purpose was to kill for the sake of exterminating human flesh, then it would be something that I cannot allow myself to become, or have it be something you can continue longer. If you wish, we can talk about this, and talk about what kind of augmentations will occur, until then I might lean towards declining the offer.

With all due respect,

Shen

Another envelope, this time with Viktor's insignia (a stylized V set over a gear), arrives for the Eye of Twilight. The content is as follows.

Eye of Twilight,

I understand your discretion regarding my offer, as only an idiot or a complete fool would accept without seriously considering alternatives. You ask a very good question, the answer to which is a reassurance. The augmentations could be virtually anything you might want, and implanted as you prefer. I am not one to place a limitation on anyone who would agree to receive upgrades, though I am not one to simply allow one to abuse my generosity. I can make it so that any augmentations I implant can be rendered inert should they be turned on me, though I wouldn't abuse this function so long as the reasoning behind it is acceptable.

For instance, if you were ordered to destroy me should I prove too much of a threat to balance to be left to my devices. In fact, I would want nothing more than to face my own creations and witness their potential in a realistic scenario where I couldn't dominate my opponent.

The Battlecast Cho Gath you see on the fields is simply a "skin" the Summoners have put in place based on a blueprint I showed the High Council. Nothing more, nothing less, though it does show the potential my designs possess, if nothing else. Also, do you still have that device that was attached to the envelope of my previous letter? It's a small image project that, once the button on the face is pressed, will display holographic depictions of several hextech augmentations I have made and are available to acquire. You may have a look through the catalog to see if you like any. You don't have to modify your entire body, however, just as much as you deem necessary.

- Viktor

Ask Shenn

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Another envelope, this time with Viktor's insignia (a stylized V set over a gear), arrives for the Eye of Twilight. The content is as follows.

Eye of Twilight,

I understand your discretion regarding my offer, as only an idiot or a complete fool would accept without seriously considering alternatives. You ask a very good question, the answer to which is a reassurance. The augmentations could be virtually anything you might want, and implanted as you prefer. I am not one to place a limitation on anyone who would agree to receive upgrades, though I am not one to simply allow one to abuse my generosity. I can make it so that any augmentations I implant can be rendered inert should they be turned on me, though I wouldn't abuse this function so long as the reasoning behind it is acceptable.

For instance, if you were ordered to destroy me should I prove too much of a threat to balance to be left to my devices. In fact, I would want nothing more than to face my own creations and witness their potential in a realistic scenario where I couldn't dominate my opponent.

The Battlecast Cho Gath you see on the fields is simply a "skin" the Summoners have put in place based on a blueprint I showed the High Council. Nothing more, nothing less, though it does show the potential my designs possess, if nothing else. Also, do you still have that device that was attached to the envelope of my previous letter? It's a small image project that, once the button on the face is pressed, will display holographic depictions of several hextech augmentations I have made and are available to acquire. You may have a look through the catalog to see if you like any. You don't have to modify your entire body, however, just as much as you deem necessary.

- Viktor
Shen looked at the small device and touched the button. He looked at all the augmentations, examining them thoroughly and then pressing the button again so that they would go away ((Assuming that's how it works.))

Viktor,

I am sorry to say that I am not interested in the augmentations you sell. Perhaps one day when I grow old, or become broken in battle, I shall see you for your upgrades. At least then will I be able to continue my services as the Eye. Thinking about it it'd be cruel to deprive someone's life from them because I was too weak.

-Shen

Ask Shenn

09-06-2012

((Bumps))

Weenie Lord Shen

09-08-2012

((Bumpsssssssssssssssssssss))

Mister Crow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

((Old man Battlecast Shen ftw.))

DearAkali

09-08-2012

Shen, I feel bad about how we left things. I'm sorry for what I said and did, and I can see that no matter how emotionless you claim to be, I hurt you. I'd like to talk. When you get back that is...if you want to. I understand if you don't.

-Akali, the Fist of Shadow

Ask Shenn

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearAkali View Post
Shen, I feel bad about how we left things. I'm sorry for what I said and did, and I can see that no matter how emotionless you claim to be, I hurt you. I'd like to talk. When you get back that is...if you want to. I understand if you don't.

-Akali, the Fist of Shadow
Shen examined the letter. He didn't even read the first part. The only thing he read was her request to meet her. Should he? How could he see her when he's like this? Weak, filled with emotion, and unmasked. How could he just talk to her after all that he's been through? He hesitated for a moment and began to write.

Akali,

Talking... Would be nice. Though perhaps it would be best if I stayed in the mountains. I'll give you directions with the letter as to how to get to here. I look forward to seeing you again.

-Shen

DearAkali

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shenn View Post
Shen examined the letter. He didn't even read the first part. The only thing he read was her request to meet her. Should he? How could he see her when he's like this? Weak, filled with emotion, and unmasked. How could he just talk to her after all that he's been through? He hesitated for a moment and began to write.

Akali,

Talking... Would be nice. Though perhaps it would be best if I stayed in the mountains. I'll give you directions with the letter as to how to get to here. I look forward to seeing you again.

-Shen
I.. I'll be there right away...