Ask the Eye of Twilight (Shen)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the String

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shenn View Post

Shen paused. "Unfortunately... There is none that can take my place." He said. "The job of the Eye has been passed down, from parent to child. The most recent being my father handing down the job to me. I..." He paused, it was a bit odd to talk about it, since this is the first champion he ever talked to about this. "I must have a child, so that I can train him for this job. Once he is ready, and I pass away, he will take my place."
♪Oh,♪ Sona's music played. She could tell Shen felt a bit awkward talking about this subject, ♪Alright, so what does the Kinkou do specifically to maintain balance? I mean, other than assassination or whatever you call it.♪

Ask Shenn

01-03-2013

"Balance doesn't just involve between the worlds, but also balance in oneself." He said. He held his hands up to his diaphragm, as if holding a sphere. "Balance in the mind, body, and soul. Meditation, training, and even pilgrimages on occasions, to find oneself and their purpose in their world. Take you for example. Your purpose to spread your harmonies throughout Valoran in times of sadness, or using those pieces of music to help others in need."

Ask the String

01-03-2013

Sona nodded at Shen's explanation.

♪Alright, so I assume your purpose is to oversee the clan and protect the balance and harmony of not only the world but yourself,♪ She concluded, ♪I wounder, would it be possible for someone outside the order to learn what you guys can do? Not in combat per se, but more or less in the meditation and such.♪

Steampwrd Kitten

01-03-2013

Quote:
Shen looked over at her taking off her clothes, and shrugged. He didn't mind. He's had to undress in front of others, women and men, when there clothes would be wet, or when changing in general. He grabs the clothes and brings them to another room where he can hang them to dry.

He walks back to her and nods at her when she sneezes. "Point proven. It's not wise to walk around on a snow day in those types of clothing. Perhaps a jacket? I know I've been trained to fight the cold, so it's nothing I can handle. You however are young, and you your body is still most likely developing. You should do your best to protect yourself." He said. He went back to the kitchen and some sounds were heard. He came back with a tea kettle and a cup. He sat knelt down at the table, pouring a cup of tea. He gestured her to come over. "Here, come drink this."
Finally someone who didn't care! In any case, it wasn't uncommon for people in her situation to do just that. The wet clothes did nothing to help her warm back up. She'd curl up where she sat and watched his every move carefully, raising her eyebrows a little, "Are you like Varus?" She questioned as the light trembling started to subside. "..And Master Yi?" Giving him a curious look over, "Do you always wear your mask?"

Ask Shenn

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeKitten View Post
Finally someone who didn't care! In any case, it wasn't uncommon for people in her situation to do just that. The wet clothes did nothing to help her warm back up. She'd curl up where she sat and watched his every move carefully, raising her eyebrows a little, "Are you like Varus?" She questioned as the light trembling started to subside. "..And Master Yi?" Giving him a curious look over, "Do you always wear your mask?"
"Varus and I are both Ionian, that is our similarities. As for Yi, both him and I do what we must to make sure our teachings thrive. As for the mask, I wear it when meeting strangers. People cannot know my identity... I also forget I'm wearing it sometimes, as I'm wearing it constantly." He said. "Now come, please drink some tea. It'll help you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Strings View Post
Sona nodded at Shen's explanation.

♪Alright, so I assume your purpose is to oversee the clan and protect the balance and harmony of not only the world but yourself,♪ She concluded, ♪I wounder, would it be possible for someone outside the order to learn what you guys can do? Not in combat per se, but more or less in the meditation and such.♪
"We can teach someone how to wield a blade, or how to find inner peace or balance. However, we cannot let people into our clan if they are not blood-related to those who are part of it."

Steampwrd Kitten

01-03-2013

Quote:
"Varus and I are both Ionian, that is our similarities. As for Yi, both him and I do what we must to make sure our teachings thrive. As for the mask, I wear it when meeting strangers. People cannot know my identity... I also forget I'm wearing it sometimes, as I'm wearing it constantly." He said. "Now come, please drink some tea. It'll help you."
"You... you're not going to.. hurt me... are you?" She asked reluctantly. The fact he'd taken her clothing to another room made her a bit more skittish with him. She really didn't trust this guy despite his hospitality.

"Isn't Master Yi Ionian?" She questioned. Mai was most certainly from that region without a doubt. If there was a separate language, likely she'd slip into it now to speak with him. It was more.. because she missed it then anything.

Ask the String

01-03-2013

Quote:
"We can teach someone how to wield a blade, or how to find inner peace or balance. However, we cannot let people into our clan if they are not blood-related to those who are part of it."
♪Oh, I didn't mean join the order,♪ Sona started, ♪I was more interested in your teachings of inner peace. Perhaps, if it would not trouble you, you could teach me your way of finding balance in oneself.♪

Ask Shenn

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeKitten View Post
"You... you're not going to.. hurt me... are you?" She asked reluctantly. The fact he'd taken her clothing to another room made her a bit more skittish with him. She really didn't trust this guy despite his hospitality.

"Isn't Master Yi Ionian?" She questioned. Mai was most certainly from that region without a doubt. If there was a separate language, likely she'd slip into it now to speak with him. It was more.. because she missed it then anything.
"I see no reason why I should hurt you, unless you came to kill me." He said with a shrug. She never did anything wrong too him, why should he? "As for Yi, he is Ionian as well. Don't you know this all ready?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Strings View Post
♪Oh, I didn't mean join the order,♪ Sona started, ♪I was more interested in your teachings of inner peace. Perhaps, if it would not trouble you, you could teach me your way of finding balance in oneself.♪
"Very well. Though it may take a bit for you to truly gain inner peace. Are you sure that you want to go through this? Plus it may be harder given your... Predicament with standing on your feet." He said.
((more mobile updates))

Steampwrd Kitten

01-03-2013

Quote:
"I see no reason why I should hurt you, unless you came to kill me." He said with a shrug. She never did anything wrong too him, why should he? "As for Yi, he is Ionian as well. Don't you know this all ready?
"I-I know that! But you didn't include him." She retorted quickly, narrowing her eyes some. "I-I didn't come to kill you." She looked off to the side, pulling the blanket around her more tightly, "Sh-show me your face if you're really not going to hurt me."

Ask the String

01-03-2013

Quote:
"Very well. Though it may take a bit for you to truly gain inner peace. Are you sure that you want to go through this? Plus it may be harder given your... Predicament with standing on your feet." He said.
((more mobile updates))
Sona nodded.

♪Hey, I never let that stop me before,♪ she remarked, ♪Who knows, maybe through achieving inner peace, I can find the ability to walk. It's worth a shot, right?♪