When/How Did Your Main Become Your Main?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fangride

09-19-2012

I play a few 'mains'. They're basically my Go-To champs that I really enjoy playing, depending on the role I want to fill.

My first real champion I wanted to play was Kayle, and after some nice buffs to her, I still really enjoy playing her. However, I've been playing Lulu, Orianna, Malphite, Amumu, and Taric as my 'mains' for many levels now, and I feel those are my favorites.

Jesot

09-19-2012

I don't have a main anymore. Used to be Taric. I thought he looked cool before I heard his voice. I also cost him recuse I wanted to learn support first because it'd been a long time since I last played a moba.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

What's a main? You should have 3-5 champions for your preferred role, at least, and you should be willing and able to play all roles. Unless you're with a premade team, you aren't guaranteed the lane you want, nor should you demand at, and with a premade team you better have multiple champs you can play well or you'll be easily banned out if your opponents know you.

Soul Relay

09-19-2012

I started playing shortly after one of my friends did. He started with ashe and began to main adcs. I on the other hand started with anivia. I liked the play style but it didn't feel as rewarding as I wanted. Two things that irked me where her range and her slow movement speed. I looked to diversify and picked up rammus because he was fast and lux because she was long ranged. I still love them but I soon learned they aren't that amazing anymore. Around them my other friends joined the game. One who plays exclusively mids and one who would play supports and tops while the last mained junglers since he failed miserably at lanning. This meant I was switching between tops and supports. I liked sona a lot janna and soraka too. But hated how little impact you have if you teammates are bad. Nowadays I tend to play junglers and tops exclusively as they have great late game presence. Some of my favorites include: Skarner, and Hecarim in the jungle while Warwick, Shen, Jax and Singed solo top. They each hold a special place in my heart and they each bring something unique to the table. But no matter who I play they bring fear into the enemy team.

Winner

09-20-2012

Zilean <3

Started the game and was always told I was too aggressive. Friends told me to steer clear of supports; opting for tanky/bruiser champions. I tried a few. Jarvan was too dangerous for teamfights, Amumu needed the right build and skillshot prowess, Darius is just stupidly OP and not even fair/fun to play. After a few champions like this, I tried some ADCs like Yi; fit my semi-aggressive playstyle well and I went from low summoner level to early double digits with him.

After learning some basics of the game I was invited to a few ARAMs with my friends from a Minecraft server I used to play on. It was there I got Zilean. I looked up a guide and went to town. The enemy team was all level 30s with a minimum of 200 wins each and my team was an average level of roughly 20 (had 2 level 30s with us). That game I did better my first time as Zilean then I had with all of my games with Yi. Went 8/2/13 and was hooked. He was free that week, so I tried him out some more in 5v5 SR. After over 100 games with him, I'm comfortable using him bottom as a support/APC or mid. If you get a good ADC down bottom with you, or a premade, your damage output with Timebomb is insane. Although I have crazy utility, I have carried quite a few matches with him and often get added by both my team and the enemy. Just last night I was able to go 13/2/20 and could not be shut down late game even with the enemy Darius having 20+ kills. The very next game I went against a Veigar mid who fed me quite well before level 6 and was able to dominate him. He had to lane switch with an Olaf who was fed but not even he could take me down. Ended the game 8/0/12.

I've been getting too comfortable playing Zilean however; and I want to learn a few new champs. Although not many people my level (25) know how to counter Zilean; many higher level summoners do and he's easy to shut down with a semi-fed Malzahar or any champion with a hard CC and/or silence.

I have debated buying all 10 of the least played champions and learning to play them WELL. I think this would be a good route to go due to the lack of people knowing how to counter one of these champions when they are fed or even in general. Karma, Urgot, Trundle, and Zilean are a few of the champions that fit this category.

Quazifuji

09-20-2012

Shortly after playing, I got the champion bundle and collector's edition, so I had a big champion pool to fool around with. I found some I enjoyed but none of them really stood out as ones I'd definitely want to main, so I started looking around at the more expensive champs to see if any seemed interesting. I was really intrigued by Orianna's ball mechanic and thought her playstyle looked really cool whenever I spectated any matches involving her, but was wary of purchasing her since she had a reputation for being very difficult to play. Eventually I decided I was too curious not to try her and had plenty of other champions to mess around with if I ended up not being a fan, so I figured "what the hell" and bought her.

After about 3 games, I realized she was already my favorite character. They weren't even good games. One was a bot game, one we had an afk and lost, and one we had a troll suiciding into the enemy towers and lost. I wasn't even playing that well either - not too badly, but still getting the hang of how to use the character. But despite all that, I was having tons of fun using her. I also enjoyed her flavor and personality, so that helped. As I got better, I just found myself enjoying her more and more. I just found her ball mechanic so much fun, and her abilities so satisfying when used well. The fact that I'm low level (still only level 20) and pretty much never see anyone else playing her is also pretty nice, as are the occasional complements from people impressed when I do well with a champion with such a strong reputation for being difficult to use.

I've found other champs I really enjoy since them, but Orianna's the one I always fall back on. Whenever I'm not sure who I feel like playing and there's room for Orianna in my team's composition, I'll grab her and never regret it.

DrRobotnik

09-20-2012

Lux. Bc she S'd my D.

Shesocold

09-20-2012

discovered my main at level 8. just play champions with lots of different playstyles until you find a style you like. Here's a good starting chart Are you offensive or defensive or don't like laning? If offensive do you prefer zoning or harrassing to win your lane? if defensive do you prefer absorbing the damage and healing, protecting a teamate and literally feed them so many kills that the other team has to call you op? If you dont like laning do you like jungle camps or ganking more? then continue to narrow it down. Do you like spells for heavy burst or AD for great sustained dmg? it's all about experimenting

Tanathalis

09-21-2012

I dont exactly have one main but I love the tanky champs, lately ive been using shyvanna shen and rammus. Found my love for the dragom wjen I got ganked and managed to get a double by going dovakhin and saving people as shen is always fun

Dakkaface

09-21-2012

Voli became my main because I bought him when he was on sale, he's one of only three champs I've bought, and I like the way he plays - he's a tanky bruiser. I don't have a ton of IP so I've been building pretty much towards him alone in terms of runes, though I've picked up a set for Maokai as well. I've tried other tanks - Maokai, Malaphite. I'd like to be good with them, but none of them are quite as punchy as Volibear. The fact that I don't see him too often is nice too - I never have to fight over running him.