When/How Did Your Main Become Your Main?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maytr Oleo

01-22-2013

I've always had a love for the top lane. Thus my first love when I started the game was Akali. With her dancing around the map taking out high profile targets I grew to love her. Then my love switched over to Irelia, her ability to adapt to whatever the situation required for made me highly approve of her. Jax entered my heart being able to duel with champions and shut them down. Next it switched to Riven! Her high mobility and damage made me go crazy for her. Not to mention her ult it amazing!

Even through all these champions I never actually felt at home with one. None of the ones said above felt like they were meant for me. But with the release of Vi I have found my match made in League Heaven. She's highly mobile which I like, her build varies on whatever the situation calls for. Be it an off-tank or a primary damage dealer. She can decimate enemies carries with her ult, which also leads to great initiation if used properly. Finally she can duel with the best of champs imo. So my main role has always been top, but I finally found my ideal champion, Vi.

AlethiaArete

01-22-2013

I started out playing Ashe a lot because she is cheap and because my friend who got me playing LoL played Ashe well. He handed me a starting build and showed me basically how to do things. It was a long process, lol. Ashe is really the only ADC that I have come close to mastering.

I also bought Sivir, and while I love her kit, she has just not clicked yet and I don't have any real desire to learn to play her well aside from just being generally flexable. I have Tristana too, but talk about being plain bad with a champ ^_^; In the future I want to get MF and Caitlyn. I have seen other people play those champs and I really want to try my hand at them.

But Ashe... there is something magical about being able to leverage you E into a large gold advantage over your opponent. Then you can also use it to spot for Ez, for Noct, to track people through the jungle, etc. And that R... sniping people while they're running away, scaring people away from your towers, catching the enemy out of position, turning a fight to your teams favor from halfway across the map... just wonderful. There is a certain beauty in well executed Ashe arrow and I have not found anything nearly as satisfying in this game than landing a well planned arrow. The trick is just working through all the misses on the way and consciously trying to figure out the mechanics and what targets you can reasonably hit. Ashe is definitely my ADC main.

I used to play Katarina a lot. I loved playing her before the remake, and I still love playing her. But lately I have gotten distracted and my Kat game has very much suffered because of that. But she can be very powerful if you can time your entrance into the fight well and pick the right targets. I have played other mids, and I have gotten decent at Morgana and I am currently trying to practice Ryze and Kassadin mid, along with some others.

Top... hands down Irelia. I loved Irelia's kit from the moment I set eyes on it. I love the sustain, and the ranged ult is perfect for bringing down runners. Irelia has a lot of sheer power to capitalize on. That W can really tear people apart, especially when you start stacking attack speed. And the slow/stun... and the ult....

I also play Shyvana top. Lol, Shy is a very satisfying champ to play for people who have had their DM/Storyteller tell them they can't play half dragons :P I am still learning Shy but she is very fun. I remember when I started out playing LoL I was caught by suprise by a Shy who was running and then all the sudden turned and ulted at me and killed me. I think that was when I wanted to play Shy myself... it has been a long road, but I have Shy now and I am loving it.

Soraka is my last main. I enjoy playing support. I have both Soraka and Janna, but I have a better handle on Soraka. I have always enjoyed playing healers too, and sometimes a non-aggressive champ is more my style. Soraka has a lot of healing power (I useually get the heal summoner spell also) and I love being able to sustain my team through a fight or, once again, influence the outcome of a fight across the map.

I realized just how much I like playing Soraka when one game my team was fighting at the bot inhibitor. We had just taken the turret down and the action turned into a 5v5. We were all in a small area, and I was pulling out my silence to stop casters and starcall (which since it was late game I had leveled a bit; sometimes I also get some AP depending on how the game shapes up), throwing down my heal, and people started to drop on both sides. The fight ended with Heimerdinger getting a quadra. He and I were the only ones left alive and I knew that we had won that fight, and thus the game, because I had been able to support my team. If my heals had not been there, my team would of dropped faster and we would of lost.

I have also played Soraka mid a couple of times, only in normals so far. Soraka in mid is starting to be really fun. Because of your kit (heal, silence, AoE) you can push really fast, silence the enemy mid, and heal yourself from poke damage. On top of that Soraka's passive is an MR aura, which makes you even stronger against AP champs. Someone once said "mexican OP". Lol. I use the Divine Soraka skin. But being able to shut down or hamper the enemy AP/assassin is very useful. On top of that when teamfights start, you can switch to being support if you need to. If you get enough AP, you starcall can start doing 300 damage or so in an area around you (which can effectively put pressure on everyone who closes distance) and your silence can take a good chunk of health. Plus your heals benefit too. Soraka has abilities that can flip between being defensive to offensive so quickly. Her flexability is just perfect and I really appreciate that about her. It is incredibly satisfying to stop an enemy AP in their tracks with a silence, lol. They run up to do something, get hit, and then turn around and run back. So Soraka is one of my mains. Definatly.

Bunicornasaurus

01-23-2013

Well this is my first post in the LoL forums. Hai.

When I played in season 1, I played during Renekton free week. It did not go well, but my classmates suggested(especially the first LoL player in my school, I was the 4th): "DUDE, DO SINGED!"

I've quit DoTA and well in DoTA, I was used to playing tanks AND ONLY tanks(whenever my friends needed a spot filler, they used me). So, when I bought Singed, it was a match made in heaven. The reasons why are these:

-I'm in my school's athletic team, he runs a lot.
-I shave my head every Sports Day, and I look like Singed.
-He kills people, by running!
-I've always been fond of mad scientists(hence my second character was Mundo)
-For once, I wasn't dying as much compared to me using Renekton.
-And the most memorable reason was every time I'd get near a person, I'd yell: "FLING!"

Ever since then, been using Solo Top champions such as Singed, Mundo, Yorick, Renekton, Nautilus and Vi(I got Kayle for free.). I also use Garen when he's free.

Mundo- I bought him after Singed. As they say, variety is the spice of life.
Renekton- Same old, same old.
Nautilus- Oh he's strange. I quit LoL when Rumble came out and came back when Sejuani came in. Then when Nautilus came, I had a trunk full of IP and bought him. Never used him as a junglier.
Yorick- Played him while he was free. Got him since no one in our school got him.
Vi- Its always fun when you're behind your monitor and talk to yourself saying: "I bet the Riven I'm landing against ABSOLUTELY LOVES getting FISTED. In more ways than one."

Scyphoza

01-23-2013

I was about lvl 12 still learning the game loving Kog maw when i got owned badly by a Caitlyn. So i tried her out and she quickly became my main.

Strilter

01-23-2013

flash warp-gate Q tripple kill .....

though kayle was my main when I started cus she is invincible

totalwar235

01-23-2013

I have been playing for about 3 months now and i play with some very skilled players in my college. they knew i like hard hitting durable characters from my dota 2 account and advised me to get garen. Maybe not my perfect match but i quickly mastered this guy and now i can carry my team late game and even tank a tower on its own.

During my time as garen I met a hecarim laning and together we would crush top lane. after 7 consistent victories I decided this guy would be a good fit for me and 6300 ip later i grabbed him and quickly started to master jungling. i currently have a clear time of 3:45 at lvl 26. I can gank any lane i want with a speed of 640 and the lane will never run away fast enough.

while playing hecarim i played against a malzahar. attempting a gank during early mid game i was crushed. i waited in the bushes and quickly became the hunted using his eqwr combo alone with ignite. the fight was over in 2 seconds.. malzahar is now my weapon of choice in mid lane. he is a power house pushed taking tower 1 by min 15. I learned fast that need wards or else i will get gang raped but after 4 days of playing i have a mastery to control mid with power.

X4N4T05

01-23-2013

I figured out i could pubstomp because nobody knew how to counter Renekton, and i picked him up and he quickly became my Main. I had an ugly situation last season where i went 6/0/3 with him in ranked and we surrended at 20 because our ezreal was 0/12 and mid was 1/8. Since then i started jungling in ranked so i dont use him for competitive play anymore. I just like how you can 2v1 at level 3 with a full rage bar.

Painkiller0730

01-23-2013

my main became top lane shyvana after i was summoner lv 3 and went on a 41 kill streak..... whenever i play shyvana i make magic happen

Twinkit

01-23-2013

I was hunting throught the store after my second game and saw Ahri. I immediately knew I had to try her, and started grinding my way to 6300ip. I have played, team comp permitting, only Ahri since then. I would have gotten tired of League by now if she weren't in it.

devilkingx

01-23-2013

I mained master yi and at the insistence of my admittedly good friend(who thinks he's the greatest league of legends player in the world despite being like 1300 elo) I kept trying new champs,

I always did badly, always, so I always hated trying new champs, but eventually I did badly as 1 character, but decided to try him a couple more games, and eventually decided that I liked him and started to main him, many games later he is my new master yi

which champ? I'll give you a hint, his lore says that he's undefeated and he's a good contender for strongest league champ(lore-wise) all without even using a real weapon