When/How Did Your Main Become Your Main?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeoGriim

11-17-2012

To be honest, I haven't chosen a main. About 6 months ago I left the game cause I moved and didn't have reliable internet in that apartment so I couldn't play. Before that I was playing Swain a lot. I came back a little under 2 months ago I believe and now I'm level 24 and playing mostly bot games just trying to find a good character to call my main cause I don't wanna go into PvP without a good character under my belt and lose the game for my team.

KingTwister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

It happened to me when I saw similarities to other games I played. In Call fo Duty MW I ran Marathon with a UMP 45. (This was the lighest primary weapon you could have and Marathon allows you to run forever) This was my main loadout and used this probably like 80-85% of my games. This tells me that I am a MOBILITY FEIND! My next most popular lod out was AUG H-Bar with survivability perks. So this tells me I like doing some damage but being tanky as well. Combine these and you get a bruiser jungler. So when I played Hecarim and Lee Sin it was pretty much a match made in League heaven.

Duhizy

11-18-2012

im slowly figuring out what is important in this game, playing the champions that you love is the secret to gaining elo and having fun. That being said i dont think im ever going to break this down to one champion that i will main because i have a role that i love to play and champions that i love that dont fit that role. akali and kassadin got me to level 30 and they will always have a place in my heart.

when i decided that ad carry was the role i loved the most i grew to love caitlyn, vayne, sivir but i had to constantly choose other ads because they were stronger for the team like corki, graves, kog who i now realise i hate to death, they took me away from what i loved and i now realise that was the wrong thing to do.

Soon after i discovered ad casters, i think they were a compromise, in my heart i knew i wouldnt be able to stay away from akali and kassadin forever while i cheated on them with ad carries. I introduced myself to wukong, zed, pantheon, lee sin and i now consider them my second love. The issue now that i know what i love is that i have to much to love.

All thats left now is time, i need to figure out who to eliminate until the amount of champs i play is small enough that i can achieve maximum potential with every champ on my list and naturally gain elo.

Polykiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

According to me, most people don't have a main hero, but a main ''role''. I red most post here and I think you might agree. Sometimes,you will say, oh yeah! I like this champ, next week or next month it will be an other champ. But you can't say: I'm bored of playing suck role in my team (support, tank, adc, apc or jungler). For me. tank is an awesome role as you must protect your teamate and kick enemy ass as they try to focus you. Hope it helps you

xisawherfirstx

Recruiter

11-18-2012

hi

0blair8888

11-18-2012

Well I found league of legends through a related videos bar on youtube while looking at another vide game. The video that appeared happened to be the malzahar champion spotlight I decided to start playing league and use this character I talked to a friend who had mentioned league of legends to me once about malzahar and he told me that the character was underplayed and underpowered this prevented me from actualy getting malzahar until around level 20 because i did not want to spend 4800 on a weak champion. but finally I bought malzahar and ever since I have found that I play him very well and he is my favorite champion.

BlackDiamondFox

11-18-2012

As soon as Zyra came out I bought her to start testing out being a mid player. She was super op so they nerfed her but even after that she was still so good. Even now, some people say she's no good since the nerf but I love playing her and I usually prove them wrong.

Malfetes

01-21-2013

I had a bit of a rocky start as far as picking a champ, since I normally went for the mage char and there was like 30 of them. None had fit myself and i kept thinking,"Why cant i have a super attack ult?" Then, I came across Lux. Been playin her ever since lvl 15.

WontonSoup123

01-21-2013

my main would have to be chogath after initialy going cho supp then cho tank now i got cho ap tank in top lane and i find games with him so much more enjoyable and ive been able to develope my own playstyle because of it

SushiSummon

01-21-2013

On my very first free champion rotation, I mained Soraka as I enjoy having healing abilities
However, after my friends told me that being a support isn't really that good pre-20, I began to play Galio, because I saw his awesome passive Runic Skin, which converted Magic resist into AP.
The tankiness I got also helped me to learn how to lane better.

On the next day, after a bot match, I loved Lux and I bought her, mainly because of her laser beam XD
Also she had a huge range, and that gave me an advantage on most mid laners, and I like having advantages

Then after a few weeks, while I was reading a Lux guide, I saw LeBlanc as one of her counters, and I waited for ages for LeBlanc to be in the free rotation. Then she came into free rotation. After 2 bot matches and a lot of studying XD I was doing really well with her, and so I mained her.

Now my mains are LeBlanc, Galio and Lux
I lost my ability to play Soraka after I stopped playing her for ages