When/How Did Your Main Become Your Main?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deusexeesti

11-14-2012

Ah I remember my first main. Malzahar bot (i was noob lv so i played where the gaming was good) i saw his innate of thought of swarming ppl with it. That never happened but i fell in his bursty kit and loved just unleashing all my skills and almost KOing my enemies. Soon after i became a true mid with... orianna! My lv30 friend said she sucked and that just fueled my desire to play her, her unique appearance and kit made gaming so fun. I cram sessed games with her to get better until zyra came out and i had to make the switch. Using her snare knockup and turrets to mow down enemies in team fights was so fun. I became really profficient not only at offense but defense. I would lay down some seeds and shred through minions and champs like crazy at the tower.
now after a while i wanted to expand into support for a while now so i grabbed janna. My lv30 friend said support sucks and its boring so i shouldnt bother with it. But i feel in love again. That kit was amazing, theres nothing more that i love then saving some1 by laying down my shield and cc. This went on for a bit then i heard zyra was nerfed and now is support. I picked her rigt back up and went support.
So my current 2 mains are support janna and zyra. Im also thinking of picking orianna up again and use her support

Magick Wizard

11-14-2012

My little brother told me I should play Kennen because he saw someone carry a tournment with him.

I told him he should play anivia.

Thus, our mains were born.

WCDireWolf

Recruiter

11-14-2012

I was playing, saw a champ, decided to try her mid. Two words cemented her as my main for then. Laser. Cannon. Was she considered good? No, but she's FUN.

That said, I pick characters I like, not necessarily how much others like them. My 3 chars are probably Leona, Irelia, and Lux. (Honorable Mention to Maokai)

Storm Venture

11-14-2012

No main, I pick according to my team comp vs the enemy's

Anivia Best NA

11-14-2012

Anivia. Initially I saw it was a bird champion and I fell in love, but I stayed when I learned how being a good anivia player seriously relies on good fundamentals.
1) She's slow so positioning and knowledge of range is a must.
2) Her cooldowns are long enough that you have to know how to set the tempo of a lane, and use your positioning to force and deny engagements,
3) Her autoattacks are slow that you have to have a good feel of last hitting.
4) Her high mana costs make you conserve spell use to when it's needed
5) Her dependence on blue makes you appreciate a good jungler
6) Her wall use forces you to understand proper team fight rules of engagement

I only wish I had team spirit anivia.

1Y 2M 20D

11-16-2012

my main was my worst champion.

TheLoNeLiGhT

11-16-2012

I'm pretty sure there there is another thread like this somewhere ..

Seamcp

11-16-2012

Volibear, it actually happened today. I was playing a game and I usually chose a MDPS, but the team was full of MDPS carries, and they said we need a tank. I had never played a tank before, and Volibear was free, so I chose him. I had no idea how to play him, but I figured it out myself. I ended up completely dominating and Volibear. He's tons of fun and I love to play him now.

Drakojan

11-16-2012

A couple weeks ago, I stopped playing TT as much ans started SR. The only champion I was consistently positive with was Tryndamere.

Sinistrilonfire

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeOfTitans View Post
This question has been crossing my mind a lot recently, when looking at where I was in my LoL tenure. For a bit of reference, I am about halfway through level 29, looking forward to hitting 30. I have started purchasing runes for at least the generic rune pages, and I've come to own 48 champions, some with RP, some with IP. Despite this, or perhaps because of it, I have yet to play a champion that made me say 'yes, this is the character I always want to play.' I've done well with some, poorly with others, but never did I have that moment where one of the champions stood up (so to speak) to become my main champion.

This has made me curious about others' experiences with discovering their mains. To the community, I ask:

When did you discover your main champion?
How did you know it was the champion you wanted as your main?

EDIT: Wrong part of the forum, sorry about that.
I main Evelynn jungle; however, sometimes I will mid and top with her. I originally played her after the remake (because people trolled you if you played her before it no matter how you did) and the nerfs only caused me to change the way I play her (I actually do better with her now)

The reason I like to main her is because I feel she has the best ganks in the game. The element of surprise makes it extremely fun. Her ult, even after the nerf, is one of the best initiates in the game. I do not like using her as an AP burst as I am the type of player who likes to be in the middle of things and Eve has to be in the middle of things to be most effective imo.