When/How Did Your Main Become Your Main?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zacoly

10-22-2012

I was looking through champions to buy a couple years ago when I was a low level summoner. I saw Gragas. This guy clearly doesn't take the whole Summoner's Rift thing seriously. He just came to get drunk and beat people up.
It's hilarious thinking that a powerful mage, or a barbarian king just lost a fight with a giant, half naked, drunk guy. I now have the Santa skin and I LOVE IT!

He is a fun looking champ (especially when he looks like Santa).
Gragas fits my play style in many ways, he is tough, he heals, he has long range and melee range abilities. He's very useful and very durable. If he wins a fight he doesn't do it because he made somebody disappear in one spell combo, he wins by using harass, durability and mobility.
All of his moves are skill shots (except getting drunk), which allows me to make fun of "no brainer" champs like Xin and Jax who melee and mash all their buttons in whatever order suits them.

All in all an entertaining champ, a useful champ, and nothing is better than having people lose to Santa! Or scolding people for "killing Santa Claus"!!!

I saw a few other people mention this idea too, it's fun to play a champ that few other people play. Nothing feels better than people calling you, a rarely played champ OP!

Fav. all chat phrases:
"Mommy, what's Mr Santa drinking from his bag?"
"You can't kill me, I don't exist!"
"How bad would it hurt to be body-slammed by a fat guy so hard that you died?"

High Carnifex

10-22-2012

I suffer from the need to own everything I think I might want. As such, I own every champion, with the exception of Sejuani... The pig is a huge turnoff for me. Anyways, I used to main Kassadin... Nothing is cooler than having so much mobility. I decided to main him when I used him first... Guy that sought too much knowledge and got what he wanted? Always a cool story. His voice is cool, the nether blade is awesome, and he teleports... I'm all about reaching an enemy before their team can realize I'm gone.

Aside from that, I like picking people that look cool. As such I own around 65 skins. I've spent an obscene amount of money on this game and will continue to do so until somehow a game so awesome becomes incredibly unbalanced or uninteresting. Some people say, "Such a waste!" Waste? I can nearly play a new game for $10, without a learning curve, I'm sure I'll enjoy it, AND it's not $60. Seems like I saved money.

Zblugg

11-13-2012

I used to main Leona. She definitely was my very first "main", as far as that expression goes.

One week she was free, and I liked her looks (I wuv me some Leona!!! Away with thee, IronStylus!). I was hesitating, because I never liked playing a tank, but then... magic happened. I did well on my first game with her, which helped, but more than that: I actually ENJOYED playing as a tank, and her skillset was, well, a lot of fun!
So I kept on playing her for quite a while, trying different champs here and there, of different roles, and never found anything quite like her.

More recently, I was browsing through stats, looking for a champ that was almost not played, and stumbled upon Sejuani, She was (coincidence or fate?) free, that week, so I gave her a go, after trying out Lulu and planning to buy her.
Lulu got left in the dust of the Boar-riding, chilly amazon. Sejuani is now my main, and, unless I find someone else that I love more (doubtful), she'll remain my main for a while, still.

And in reply to da man above me, High Carnifex: give her a chance. Agree, the pig is a turn off. I hate pigs. Except when I eat them. I hesitated to pick her because of that. And yet... So much fun.
1. Stack Health
2. Freeze'em ballz off
3. Rule Freljord
4. Profit

Never thought I'd like tanks this much!

The 4th Triumvir

11-13-2012

I love how people say "main", but truly, you should be familiar with all the champions which perform well for your chosen role. That being said, when I was leveling, I started playing warwick at level 1, and shortly thereafter played Ryze as well. By level 10 or so, I bought Janna and played her almost exclusively for the longest time. Then Lulu came out and I fell in love with her and I realized why I enjoyed those two champions so much: I LOVE PLAYING SUPPORT. Now I play all supports. I do not focus on only one because that would be a detriment to the team. I make sure that I am proficient with every champion that is viable for support so that during champion select I can pick the support that is most helpful to my team, and more importantly, my ADC.

ninjamast3r

11-13-2012

I don't really have a main. I just have a large pool of champions I can play competently. These include: Galio, Anivia, Lux, Trundle, Twitch, Jayce, Kennen, Janna, and Lulu. Lux and Galio are probably my best though.

joshuangakak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

by i know what's ability do i should max first

pantheon max e first and boom.. legendary

Bonfire

11-13-2012

Although he is a recommended, definitely Garen. From a very low level, probably around level 7ish, I have been playing with him in 60% of my games. I discovered him in a free week and fell in love with his playing style. He has insane early game damage, armour, and he escapes from ganks well. Being top with Garen is so simple; It's amazing more people don't use him.

bob555

11-13-2012

I like easy ad carrys in a hard match, ezreal, Varus, Missfourtune

Rimmøn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

When I first saw Vladmir being released in the July of 2010, I just knew I'd absolutely love him. Everything about his character from a perspective of demeanor and attitude simply suits me, the dark foreboding nature, the grandure of his postures and attitude remind me of Dracula from Bram Stoker's novel, and the darkness of his background just appeals to me. Nothing satisfies my itch more than Transfusing a nearly dead enemy, watching their life disappear and have it added to my own. Turning into a pool of blood, becoming an un-targetable and sustaining slow was just great. I just loved him since the very day he came out, but not only that but watching the changes Riot would give to him from sending him into a nerfed state made me upset beyond belief, but then when they buffed him again, gave his pool an updated graphic made me(slightly) forgive Riot for the nerf, but also happy to watch him grow as a bigger part of the league. He is truly one of my mains and will always remain so.

I know this sounds really, well ridiculous, but I truly feel a bond with this champion as this came has been part of my life for just over 4 years, and between my smurf accounts and this one, I've always purchased Vlad first, Shout Out to Riot for making such an awesome character.

Hokeypokey

11-13-2012

Im a gold elo ad carry....i main ezreal...i started playing him because his dance is the ''Hare Hare Yukai'' dance from an anime...and i will always main ez and forever be ez because of that reason