Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tryndamere steals a blue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DirtyJs

07-21-2012

I stole our jungle's first blue in a bot match
I told him I would try to steal it
He smites blue down to 10hp....
I fking told him I would try to steal
I was akali

Sure, I felt a little guilty for 'taking advantage' of an inexperienced jungler in a bot match. But I'd feel like a worse team mate if i didn't go through with my intentions, especially after I announced them. You gotta learn some lessons some time down the line, and as harsh as I was, it'd be less painful compared to it happening in a pvp game.

Hellow

07-21-2012

itt rage about blue buff. u can't even carry yourself. best idea was to leave game. gj

HonorableGeneral

07-21-2012

Quote:
DirtyJs:
I stole our jungle's first blue in a bot match
I told him I would try to steal it
He smites blue down to 10hp....
I fking told him I would try to steal
I was akali

Sure, I felt a little guilty for 'taking advantage' of an inexperienced jungler in a bot match. But I'd feel like a worse team mate if i didn't go through with my intentions, especially after I announced them. You gotta learn some lessons some time down the line, and as harsh as I was, it'd be less painful compared to it happening in a pvp game.

So, the lesson there was...?

If it's to teach counter-jungling, that stealing thing is a poor way of demonstrating it. Counter-junglers smite-steal buffs, so even if he had attempted to safe-smite they would've anticipated and smited first.

I don't understand what stealing someone's blue buff when you're on the same team is intended to teach. I would understand if it's a mistake, but doing it intentionally (even when announced) is just being a ****.

Hell, I apologize when I steal my buffs. Had a game where our mid (Kassadin) needed blue, and when I leashed it for him (as Xin Zhao), he dropped a Null Sphere without telling me and my next auto-attack claimed the buff. Wasn't even at half HP, so I wasn't anticipating that I should've disengaged. I apologized after, and it was all good.

Why can't people just apologize when they accidentally steal buffs?

Savackz

07-21-2012

he needs cdr to right click

KnightxSScarlett

07-21-2012

Quote:
avenger2142:
trynd needs blue
he never has any mana

Win

DirtyJs

07-22-2012

the lesson is - don't even bother smiting if you smite something down to 10hp. it's not worth maximising the smite dmg only to have your buff/dragon stolen. better to smite something with 100 hp, than to smite it at 450 hp, when ur smite only does 425