Poppy & Rumble

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

07-21-2012

Yeah, I know. Two completely unrelated champions. But I have questions.

Poppy: I've heard that Poppy is closet OP for a while. So. How exactly do you play her, what rune set up would you use, and how would you build Poppy?

Rumble: Basically the same questions as Poppy. Playstyle, runes, build.

Z0nne

07-21-2012

Poppy is one of my favorite champions but unfortunately she is somewhat ignored and her
mechanics could use a rework. Basically she is fun to play and nukes people late game, the
problem is that her farming is horrible, probably the worst in the game.

So during the laning phase your trying your best to last hit every creep (If you can solo lane)
but even then when laning face is over and team fights begin, almost everyone else has
120+ CS and Poppy only has around 60? So now your far behind on items and Poppy is
very item dependent for her damage.

Finally one thing that annoys me is her ultimate, it can be completely ignored by Banshees
Veil so your easily countered. Shes really squishy and health items don't synergize with her.
Shes basically a glass cannon but can sometimes escape due to her ultimate/passive. Her
Burst is really high when fed, can two shot squishes but i don't feel her burst is on par with
some AP casters with equal farming.

Shes very good Low Elo where a lot of people make mistakes, Poppy punishes and gets fed
but in high Elos where people know what their doing Poppy falls behind and is very hard to
catch up again.

I wish Riot would help Poppy out she needs some love

grndmstrblkdong

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Yeah, I know. Two completely unrelated champions. But I have questions.

Poppy: I've heard that Poppy is closet OP for a while. So. How exactly do you play her, what rune set up would you use, and how would you build Poppy?

Rumble: Basically the same as Poppy. Playstyle, runes, build.
just build poppy with ap and glass canon your enemy team till they get mad and surrender, just remember, her awesome starting range makes you hug the turret till you get sheen, once you have your ult go for what ever, just be careful about your business cuz i get gankd alot being carefree next to bushes... shes pretty squishy this way, but if you play her right, you can take anyone down with an E and a Q

Only Zackary

07-21-2012

With poppy, i max W and rush Trinity force. Maxing W will make your passive super strong and will give you a good movement speed boost early on. after Tri-force, i go straight to Infinity edge. Infinity edge on poppy gives her that snowball ability. Maybe a Veil after that for some MR. And after that i build based on the enemy's team comp.

For runes, you may want to stack armour to help out your passive for early game.. Maybe armor seals and marks. For the rest, you should go AD glyphs and quints.

Gespent

07-21-2012

same playstyle popy and rumble.......................

seriously you dont know how to use rumble

TeknoWizard

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespent View Post
same playstyle popy and rumble.......................

seriously you dont know how to use rumble
Seriously, you don't know how to read.

I was asking the same questions for Poppy and Rumble.

Kedoren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

Not going to try to reinvent the wheel here. I'm a fan of Poppy. I like her a lot in Dominion, where you don't have to worry so much about farm. Anyways, for SR; I would recommend this guide:

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=16923

Rumble is really strong right now and I wouldn't say that is a secret to anyone. He has bad matchups, but for the most part is good. Imo, he has been strong since release, but that's me. Both are kinda tanky AP characters (well, poppy can be build AD), but in my opinion Rumble is more constant aoe damage, and poppy is wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am style of play. I like ulting someone who is ignoring me anyways; someone who doesn't have much/if any CC and isn't the AP or AD carry. Then I target AP or AD carry (whoever is doing better) and gib them.

B SIDE

07-22-2012

I like to play Poppy as a jungler. She has problems in lane, but her W keeps her jungle speed high. And her E and ULT make her ganks very strong!

Armor Pen Reds, Flat Armor Yellows, MR/lvl blues, AD Quints.
9/10/11 masteries, getting armor pen, minion damage, and buff duration.
Start at blue with cloth armor and 5 health potions.

W-E-Q- then prioritize R,W,Q,E. (or R,Q,W,E if you manage an early Sheen)

I aim to build Lantern, Boots, Sheen- and then as much AD and AS as I can stack.

Get fed, horrify your foes!

Tokinatoor

07-22-2012

gold items, or wriggles