TT Turrets (An observation)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMathmagician

07-21-2012

Prior to yesterday, I hadn't played 5v5 or ARAM in quite a long while. I chose to almost exclusively play 3v3, so I never noticed what feels like a big difference in turret aggression.

Here is my observation:

3v3 - Turrets' target acquisition feels slow and "clunky", missile speed seems slow, rate of fire seems slow, damage feels lackluster. Turrets feel more like a lame super minion that cannot move.

5v5 - Turrets' target acquisition feels quick, missile speed feels faster, rate of fire feels faster, damage seems punishing. Turrets feel more streamlined and act as a real obstacle rather than minor annoyance.

Proving Grounds - Same as 5's

Anyone else notice this, and if I'm not just going crazy, why would/should 3's have different Turrets?

EDIT: Ran an experiment, and findings are farther along in the thread

Stealthykins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

I'll try to dispel your fear of going crazy by saying I agree, it does seem that way.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

Afaik they are about the same (If not exactly). Not 100% sure though.

Uncle Jellyfish

07-21-2012

I do know that there were a lot of turret buffs and nerfs in some of the past patches, but I'm not sure if these changes were applied to TT, or just SR (PG wasn't out yet).

Plus411

07-21-2012

I've had the same problem. Diving with fiora and her ult is relitivly easy on TT. Just run up, activate Riposte and Burst of Speed, jump on the squishy teemo by his turret, get a few basics in, ult his face, and run back the way I came taking none but 2 turret hits. On summoner's rift that same combo'd get me killed along with the teemo.

TheMathmagician

07-21-2012

Decided to do some testing to see what, if any difference there was. This is what I came up with:

Mundo
Armor = 51
Hp5 = 26
Health = 699

Bought Doran's Shield to get a bit tankier.
Ran right to mid turret or top turret in TT.

In SR: Died in 5.8 sec
In TT: Died in 6.9 sec

I need to do some more trials, but thats what I found thus far.

Rather than manually recording the time via stopwatch (obviously error prone), I'm going to try to record a short video and use the time stamps to get a more accurate picture of how long it is taking to die. In the mean time, if anyone else has any insight to offer, I'd love to hear it. I did some digging to see if any info was out there for turrets, and nothing seems to point to any turrets being different from the others (aside from personal accounts).

PrometheanRage

07-22-2012

Quote:
In SR: Died in 5.8 sec
In TT: Died in 6.9 sec
Intriguing.

Captain Ins4no

07-22-2012

very intrested in your results

Realyst

07-22-2012

I don't think that's accurate. The turrets, to my knowledge, are tuned for a specific champion level, at which they deal large damage to targets not up to said level. To toss out some guesswork, Summoner's Rift turrets ease up after 12 or so, Proving Grounds turrets ease up after 8 or so, and Twisted Treeline turrets ease up after 6 or so. 3v3 turrets are certainly undertuned, then again, everything is 3v3 has been totally ignored for the last 2 years.

TheMathmagician

07-22-2012

Did not know about the "ease up" factor, but I'm definitely interested in finding out more about that. To me, easing up faster in 3v3 makes less sense due to how fast champs level up overall. Would make more sense to wait longer to ease to balance out all the other different factors on the smaller map. Thanks for the input.

Still going to try to test some more at level one, but your information would make sense.