Don't give up, community.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdFireBeast

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
I am on vacation with limited Internet, and I log into the forums to see people quitting. Just wanted to tell everyone not to give up. I would hate to log on when I get back and see everyone has left. If you're getting tired of the game, just take a short break. I really feel riot is trying to balance the mode for ranked, and I think it I'll be coming. Patience my friends, just don't give up.
I'm glad you're staying positive. I don't understand the whole "balance it for ranked" argument that Riot uses. Doesn't draft more or less balance the game more than Riot ever has? You simply ban and never encounter the ridiculous champions.

larkhill

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFireBeast View Post
Doesn't draft more or less balance the game more than Riot ever has? You simply ban and never encounter the ridiculous champions.
no. you basically force people to waste bans on certain champs. simply ignoring overpowered champs is not a good way of balancing anything, its just lazy.

plus, there are more overpowered champs than there r ban options...

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

I"ll be around when Ranked comes til than I'm on SR and playing the occasional dom game.

ColdFireBeast

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
no. you basically force people to waste bans on certain champs. simply ignoring overpowered champs is not a good way of balancing anything, its just lazy.

plus, there are more overpowered champs than there r ban options...
There is always going to be someone who is the absolute best at that role, though. I mean, it's just impossible to ever have any hope of balancing a game that changes every two weeks. I just don't see the problem with simply turning on ranked and letting it happen. I mean, hell. Without ranked to pull from, how the hell exactly does Riot expect to balance ranked? That to me seems almost like a logical fallacy.

Redenbacher

07-23-2012

Yes, there will always be more champions worth banning than there are bans... so each team has an equal opportunity to secure/counter those champions.

That's the whole point of ranked.

Don't want to spend a ban on Yorick? Fine, let them take it, hard counter him and win bottom lane. At least you know you won't have to deal with Kassadin & Urgot.

blackDAILO

07-26-2012

Have to admit that I got tired of the game for a while.

Did a bit of 3s and 5s. Also lots of ARAM and learned some new champs.

Just got back into Dom again this week, this mode is just too fun to give up.

larkhill

07-26-2012

theres a difference between SR overpowered and DOM overpowered.

SR overpowered simply means they do really well unless u pick a specific counter then u win. champs like yorick are very good, but u can counter them and win 1v1.
DOM overpowered means there is no counter to let u win. u simply have to outskill the opponent. champs like yorick are very good, but u cant counter him and win. assuming equal skill level, u can only stalemate the lane 1v1

SR very rarely has a champ thats as op as dom champs can get, and theres never been more than 6 of them at any one time.
DOM is close to having more overly OP champs than there r bans with the xin remake, and others in the works, as well as new champs, it might happen soon. theres a reason we have 10 bans in DD tournaments instead of 6.

DOM is simply not ready for ranked. riot needs to take a look at what they did with kass (DOM-specific nerfs that dont hurt his SR viability) and do the same for the likes of poppy and yorick and others.

Shangra

07-26-2012

They are making no attempt to fix the cursor bug.... we forgotten.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangra View Post
They are making no attempt to fix the cursor bug.... we forgotten.
I agree that is why after a long fight I stopped playing dom. Soo many patches have come and gone without anything even said about it. They dont' even show the crystal scare in the spotlights anymore