Don't give up, community.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

07-21-2012

Multiplayer PvP. Happy?

After playing the beta weekend I saw it's super boring, so didn't buy it. But it's telling 90% of the streamers use the Demon Hunter. It has serious balance issues.

larkhill

07-21-2012

have they still not fixed DH balance yet? holy hell, im glad i got a refund.

back to dominion... honestly it all depends on what ur level of expectations are. as a former WoW player and current tf2 player. im used to all of this "soon" talk. its not that bad. riot kinda put itself in a bad spot by treating SR so well and making everyone expect that level of service for all game modes.

if ur expectations are too high, ur going to have a bad time. i think we should all just chill out and begin making our own version of "valve time" for nome and the rest of the dominion crew's responses/changes

Laurix

07-22-2012

Guild Wars 2 INC.

DiscworldDeath

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
Guild Wars 2 INC.
Can't wait to get home from work to keep playing in the beta weekend :3

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
Guild Wars 2 INC.
I played WoW for 7 years, Rift for 6 months and Swtor for the same as Rift. GW2 doesn't impress me, it feels just as bland as all the other cookie cutter mmo's available. I'm just glad i didn't have to prepay for the game in order to get into the beta.

note: yes, I'm totally burnt out on mmo's

larkhill

07-22-2012

the question isnt how long u've played mmo's, its how hardcore u were for the time u played? me personally, i played wow for only a couple years, but i played it every day for at least 4 hours, usually much more. i was in a hardcore raiding guild as soon as i reached max level and raided at least 3 times a week. the incentives were huge. the popularity we got when we showed off our gear on our low population server was amazing. we werent even the top guild (we were 2nd) and we still got tons of popularity. that popularity translated into getting the opportunity to alpha and beta test catacylsm. incentive is what drives a community to succeed.

i think dominion needs a bit of that in it. that sense of accomplishment is what drives many people to do things, especially gamers.

we're a long way from ranked play but i think once we get it, dom will be in a good place. u'd be surprised what a little incentive does to people.

Lopretni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
I played WoW for 7 years, Rift for 6 months and Swtor for the same as Rift. GW2 doesn't impress me, it feels just as bland as all the other cookie cutter mmo's available. I'm just glad i didn't have to prepay for the game in order to get into the beta.

note: yes, I'm totally burnt out on mmo's
Jesus ****ing Christ. You've literally seen nothing from Guild Wars 2, have you? Let alone, the first game. Guild Wars is different from any other MMO in so many ways. Three-server warzones alone proves that, not to mention the weapon and profession skills, crafting, leveling in PvE...

There's nothing 'cookie cutter' about Guild Wars. It breaks the mold in every way possible.

On Dominion, it's too little too late. Nobody takes it seriously anymore. It's filled to the brim with trolls, leavers, and Darius players, as well as people who play every other character that's stupidly overpowered.

It's not even playing to win, it's "playing to steamroll because I don't like to put effort into my wins".

Dominion's faded into obscurity like Twisted Treeline. Riot hyped the mode to hell and back, and that's the only thing they did. Hype. They put absolutely no work into balancing the map until 9-10 months after release... they send ONE employee out to 'gather data' to fix the map. What a ****ing joke.

Riot doesn't take Dominion seriously, and neither does the community.

SonsofaBastages

07-22-2012

map specific buffs/debuffs will help balance the game better

game wide changes to champions make more problems than they fix

larkhill

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopretni View Post
Jesus ****ing Christ. You've literally seen nothing from Guild Wars 2, have you? Let alone, the first game. Guild Wars is different from any other MMO in so many ways. Three-server warzones alone proves that, not to mention the weapon and profession skills, crafting, leveling in PvE...

There's nothing 'cookie cutter' about Guild Wars. It breaks the mold in every way possible.

WoW has entire servers that are warzones. infact, almost every server is a warzone. the only ones that arent are pve servers, and we call these players carebears.

crafting is nothing new. no matter how u spin it, its stil lcrafting and leveling professions has been around for ages.

leveling in pve is how every mmo does is... its called questing.

gw2 is, at most, a different spin on a cookie cutter style of mmo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopretni View Post
Riot doesn't take Dominion seriously, and neither does the community.
i take offense to that, and so would most other dominion players i suspect. dominion was literally abandoned by riot. dominatedominion has basically forced riot to pay attention to us. we are more dedicated to dominion than riot is and we've done a lot.

Viktoree

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
WoW has entire servers that are warzones. infact, almost every server is a warzone. the only ones that arent are pve servers, and we call these players carebears.

crafting is nothing new. no matter how u spin it, its stil lcrafting and leveling professions has been around for ages.

leveling in pve is how every mmo does is... its called questing.

gw2 is, at most, a different spin on a cookie cutter style of mmo.

i take offense to that, and so would most other dominion players i suspect. dominion was literally abandoned by riot. dominatedominion has basically forced riot to pay attention to us. we are more dedicated to dominion than riot is and we've done a lot.
Agree with this entire post, especially the part about us being offended by people sayign we don't care. The Dominion community is one of the most dedicated and passionate i've seen in any game, ever, period.