Slang of the League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eminex

07-21-2012

OK guys , this is my first post on the forums and i am a realitivley experienced LOL player ( in my opinion) . but however , one thing throws me , all this slang . so pretty much what i am asking for is an answer to what the following mean.

-nerfed
-CC
-AP
-OP
-KS

Thats about all i can conjure up at the present time , answers would be very much appreciated and preferably without any mispronounced illiterate hate from 11 year olds

thank you

SeanTheKiwi

07-21-2012

Nerfed - Made Weaker.
CC - Crowd Control (Stun/Slow/Snare)
AP - Ability Power
OP - Over Powered
KS - Kill Secured.

Trippa88

07-21-2012

ks- kill steal

edit: why would anybody type ks for kill secured it tells you, only time i see someone type ks, is for kill steal and its almost every game....

Exotic3s

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTheKiwi View Post
Nerfed - Made Weaker.
CC - Crowd Control (Stun/Slow/Snare)
AP - Ability Power
OP - Over Powered
KS - Kill Secured.
I was gonna tell him kill secured too

[QUOTEks- kill steal

edit: why would anybody type ks for kill secured it tells you, only time i see someone type ks, is for kill steal and its almost every game.... ][/QUOTE]

How can you steal a kill from your own team? you can't.

It means kill secured why would you tell him ks? this is gonna make more fights in LoL about if you ks'd or not.

Quote:
OK guys , this is my first post on the forums and i am a realitivley experienced LOL player ( in my opinion) . but however , one thing throws me , all this slang . so pretty much what i am asking for is an answer to what the following mean.

-nerfed
-CC
-AP
-OP
-KS

[QUOTEOK guys , this is my first post on the forums and i am a realitivley experienced LOL player ( in my opinion) . but however , one thing throws me , all this slang . so pretty much what i am asking for is an answer to what the following mean.

-nerfed
-CC
-AP
-OP
-KS

Thats about all i can conjure up at the present time , answers would be very much appreciated and preferably without any mispronounced illiterate hate from 11 year olds

thank you ]
How can you say yor xp'd if you don't know those basic "slangs"

Trippa88

07-21-2012

I don't type it I could care less as long as the enemy dies. It's other people who immediately type ks every time someone swoops in and makes the last hit. Maybe ranked players have a different meaning for it but i'm pretty sure everyone in the normal games is implying it was cause you took their kill, given the context? Maybe different people have it different in their head but I constantly see swearing & abuse followed by ks? & I think I made a valid point why bother typing it, it says an enemy has been slain.. usually it's nj, gj, nice and then they say ty XD

randomly came across.. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2362212 uses it in that context.

i'm fine with it meaning kill secured but I won't be typing it for either I suspect.

DirtyJs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

i rage sometimes when my team mates don't ks because i left the enemy to run and didn't want to take 2-3 turret hits.

Afortuna

07-21-2012

Ks is ”kill steal” as in the support got the kill instead of the carry.

bwolf412

07-22-2012

people who whine about 'kill stealing' should take a moment to realize that we play a TEAM game. it's the team's kill.

Kreyni

07-22-2012

KS is a very specific term.

Akali is running through the jungle when she finds a low health Vlad, with a teammate chasing. The teammate is melee with no gap-closers, so Akali ults the Vlad to kill him. This kill is SECURED.

Everyone is chasing a Singed down, and Singed is low, when Nocturne ults to kill him. This kill is SECURED, because what if the Singed had Flash? Ghost? Ult? His team waiting in the next bush to kill you? Better to make quick work of him, so your team stops chasing into a possible trap.

Xin Zhao and Nocturne are chasing Xerath. In a desperate attempt, Xerath unloads everything on them, but it's not enough to kill them as they whack away. Xin Zhao happens to land the last hit, and this makes the kill SECURED, not stolen, as Xin Zhao did approximately as much damage as Nocturne.

Tryndamere is tower diving an Ahri. After using his ult, he gets the Ahri down to low, but dies. LeBlanc saw this from the start, and headed there. Upon reacing the lane, Tryndamere had alrady died and Ahri was recalling. She Q's her for an easy kill. This is definitely SECURED, because y'know, Tryndamere was a little busy being dead to get the kill.

Vayne is getting into a skirmish with Tristana. Vayne has two stacks of W on Tristana, and the third bolt is on the way when suddenly the Sona just sitting beside Vayne Q's the Tristana, leading to her getting the kill. This kill can be labeled STOLEN, because not only did Sona do nothing other than go for the last hit, she is taking the 300g bonus from the AD carry as the Support.

Occasionally when I play Lux, I encourage my team to KS me as much as possible, because Lux's burst is usually not high enough to kill someone, and her cooldowns are abysmal. I absolutely hate it when an enemy gets away with a sliver of HP because a teammate held back, because he didn't want to "KS me".

mAgIcAl PuPpY

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolf412 View Post
people who whine about 'kill stealing' should take a moment to realize that we play a TEAM game. it's the team's kill.
this argument is the oldest and worst I have ever heard. Understanding who gets kills and who does not is all about being a team. You would not give the basketball to Adam Morrison (support) for the shot when Kobe Bryant (hard ass carry) is open.