Which should Riot do? (PLEASE read thread first)

Host a 3v3 Tournament! 72 25.09%
Feature Some 3v3 Streamers! 10 3.48%
Feature 3v3 in 'Spectate Live' Games! 18 6.27%
All of the above! 144 50.17%
Twisted Treeline needs to be 'fixed' first. 43 14.98%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

What if Riot Hosted a 3v3 Tournament?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dust3030

09-23-2012

Agreed. we aren't trying to detract attention away from SR but there is room in the world for some TT comps. I like the idea of TT as sideshows to the bigger SR comps. If the map got more attention competivelly the more likely Riot would be to spend the time to improve TT and the streams and public interest would follow and bigger comps would come.

I know I am just playing normals (not ready for ranked yet) but I have only participated in a single game that became a turtlefest. I can see how the map could be improved by the typical suggestions but I just don't see it as being 'broken' like a lot of people seem to think it is.

I would have thought TT could lend it self really well to competitive. Smaller teams (with gaming in general) magnify the need for good communication and individual skills. Also 3v3 means you only have to 2 other people to recruit which should make it easier for people to get started at the lower end.

YourMartyr

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
There is no easy way or popular way to *learn* about 3v3. And you most certainly do not learn about it via playing normal 3v3, or playing what some consider 'low-elo' but is truly *average elo* 3v3. From level 1 to level 30 in most every normal 3v3 game you play, you are scrutinized for jungling. But why? It's commonly held on the 3v3 forums that jungling is a very strong strategy in the Twisted Treeline. Problem is, who is going to show the normal 3v3 players? Who is to set an example and have it make an impact?
This is spot on.
I remember when i first started on 3's i went about hopelessly trying to google guides on how to jungle 3's or trying to watch some high end play on TT, but found nothing. It took so long to learn the such undefined meta, and I still cant jungle effectively. (my first try I died 7 times to creeps). This is a brilliant idea! Riot, please listen to this!

Rollingstone42

10-15-2012

I've read the thread. I agree with most of what he said. I think it's up to us to do more! When you get in a 3v3 post the thread in the post game chat, and tell people to come vote. The more votes that get cast, the harder it is for riot to ignore us. Get the word out!

fiddlesticksssss

10-22-2012

Last 3v3 tournament was years ago when it was first released. Last time riot did anything that i can remember is pre rumble / vayne release when they played them on TT. I would enjoy a TT tourney, however it shouldn't be for anything over a $1,000 due to its imbalanced, and the fact that not many people would actually want to watch it compared to 5s. Featuring livestreamers of the under rated map would be good as well.

vBlazed

11-14-2012

bump

hope this happens but would be better if they hold out until they fix the map up a bit first

Audacious

11-14-2012

whats a 3v3 tournament

Wimder

12-17-2012

You actually bring up a some huge points and i really love this. Personally i would love to see this all happen. Myself and a few friends have actually started a 3v3 only clan. We want to see the 3v3 come to life. Its all focused around 5v5 and you are more then correct in your thing about a set meta. I LOVE to jungel in 3s, it is so much more effective, bot lane levels quicker then the dual lane. You can easly gank at level 2 and pretty much secure a kill. But the second that you tell your team your jungling in 3s unless its a premade they start qqing and are like were dead. Its like no just play safe and farm safe in the long wrong you will quickly out level the dual lane and ganks are so much more powerful.

Thank you for this, I support you 100% as well as all of us a MiMiC gaming

SharkAttk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

I love everything you just said, i could not have said it better myself, thank you for making this thread... i have ( in the past few days ) tried my hand at getting a popular 3s thread going and it just dies faster then Kayle with no ult... keep up the amazing work sir/ma'am.

d(^_^)b

Uzziman9000

07-25-2013

I completely agree with everything you said. Twisted Treeline needs more exposure for sure

Rainmaker1408

08-23-2013

TT needs more adjustments but in-order to do that we need more to play it and find the problems i for one find playing squish champs hard to play in 3v3 but can be done. TT needs more of it own items i think that would balance it out some more, like items to take the squish out of the squishy, i do see the problem with that like if a no-squish champ take this items.