Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Baron.. game winner or looser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trippa88

07-21-2012

I'm sure it's happened to everyone, your playing a close game where it could go either way and one lost team battle means defeat. Then at the most inappropriate time someone signals Baron and like clockwork little blue and yellow flares go up allover his approximate location, like I needed directions or something. Your team begins to flock towards their salvation from the dead lock. Knowing that it's happening either way you go along with it knowing in the back of your head, all the enemy have re-spawned, they'll workout what we are doing when we all don't come hounding at the gates, this is a bad idea. Long story short your all ambushed just after slaying the beast or worse halfway through and that's that thanks for giving it your all for the last 55 minutes just to throw it all away on the carrot dangling in front of you. Baron buff is good especially because you all have it, but it's not going to out play your opponents for you.

Rant complete, thoughts?

NoneLikeRob

07-21-2012

One of my personal favorites is to fake Baron and force a team fight at a time like that, and throw all your eggs into that basket. Pick a brush to all hide in (have an oracles, I've had this strategy fail because they had all the brush around baron warded) and have one person bait. You can even split up, have two people in two different brush and then flank them when they go to mess up your day. But yeah, going for Baron when the other team is up is risky business, works sometimes, fails most of the time.

Trippa88

07-21-2012

Tried the ambush tactic out, very nice, we did it twice in row and they surrendered, I think outta shame that we fooled them twice.

Thizcrusher

07-21-2012

it's not really risky if u have oracles and are warding apropriately

dc talk fan

Recruiter

07-21-2012

Baron is one of those things that I only try to do if I KNOW we can. We get a big ace, grab baron and push. But sometimes you can end up wasting a good ace on baron, when you're better served by taking 2 towers and an inhib. It's a matter of the game and how it's going. But usually I like to force the fight at baron if I know we can win it. Then take baron, push hard, win.

Jaysnipesinc

07-21-2012

Idk that u can say its a waste of an ace to grab baron, I forget who it was but I was watching one of the pros stream and I heard him quote that towers don't always give u the game or even give you time to take baron but taking baron always leads to towers. Take it this is high level play and at lower elos maybe ur ace was lucky and baron won't for sure win u your next team fight, but since then me and my friends we always grab baron if 3 or more of the enemy team is down and most of the time it wins the game for us or we at least grab a bunch of towers with it.

AJStarhiker

07-21-2012

I just hadd a game where, I'd already warded Baron, saw the other team ward (green), and we used that to successfully bait a teamfight (we won it).

The other was waiting outside the Baron (we had a ward up), watching them knock Baron down to near dead, and our Draven ulted for the steal.

DirtyJs

07-21-2012

20 mins into the game - you're 20 kills ahead
your whole team is lvl 13-15, with good items
their team is all around lvl 10-12
you have the dmg and tankiness to grab a sneaky baron

in an unorganized team of 5, there is no sense is risking baron just for a quicker win. because at this stage, just because it's possible to get baron, your team is still really weak, and if you get caught trying to baron, the enemy can easily turn it around by killing your low team for an ace, and take the half hp baron for themselves. perfect way to throw the perfect lead.

if you're ever in this situation - 20 minutes in, you've taken all the buffs, yours and theirs, you've taken dragon, you've pushed all the outer turrets, and you can't exactly win a 5v5 under tower. the game can stagnate - and getting baron seems like a good idea - a good idea to throw the perfect lead. the boring way to win a game in this situation is to push the waves for xp and gold, wait for the next buffs and dragon. and if your enemy is good and don't get caught in any stupid fights with you, after the next dragon, you should be strong enough to do baron safely, even if you get caught.

KeyboardFighterS

07-22-2012

"Who touch baron, who lose" at a close game.. quote with someone