WTB: New Dominion Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorUrsa

07-20-2012

I'm about to hit 6300 IP and I really want a new champion thats going to be viable on Dominion, but also a lot of fun to play.

I've been playing Urgot, Victor, Volibear, Lux.

Champions I'm curious about: Skarner, Zyra (I know shes not out, but if anyone has any any opinions on her, Im interested), Draven, and Ez. Any other suggestions on champions I havent considered I'm open to as well.

Thanks in advance

Volandum

07-20-2012

Do you want an AD carry, tank, bruiser, support, AP carry, AD assassin or AP assassin?

Jayce and Ez are the most popular AD carries right now, Jayce has more stopping power, Ezreal is very slippery. Draven is not very popular at all.

Skarner is a bruiser with a lot of soft CC and an ultimate suppress which is up very often thanks to his passive. Jarvan, Riven and Jax are bruisers more hard CC.

Alistar and Blitzcrank are the most popular tanks, followed by Amumu who also has lots of magic damage.

Most ranged AP carries are pretty weak, the strongest are possibly Karthus, Swain and Cassiopeia.

MajorUrsa

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Do you want an AD carry, tank, bruiser, support, AP carry, AD assassin or AP assassin?

Jayce and Ez are the most popular AD carries right now, Jayce has more stopping power, Ezreal is very slippery. Draven is not very popular at all.

Skarner is a bruiser with a lot of soft CC and an ultimate suppress which is up very often thanks to his passive. Jarvan, Riven and Jax are bruisers more hard CC.

Alistar and Blitzcrank are the most popular tanks, followed by Amumu who also has lots of magic damage.

Most ranged AP carries are pretty weak, the strongest are possibly Karthus, Swain and Cassiopeia.
Jayce seems to get pigeonholed into the bottom lane pretty often but he looks great. True I havent seen many Dravens and when I have they didnt seem that intimidating, but his playstyle looked interesting.

Im really interested in Skarner, he looks like he has a lot of interesting mechanics and can add a lot to a team fight. Ive read good things about him in Dominion, but also heard that hes not that viable in upper elo ranges. Unsure of what to think.

Probably looking for an AD/AP carry/bruiser. Supports I already have in spades in Lux/Morg/Sona/Janna. For Tanks I have Voli, and Im fine with that. I want a champion that has a lot of utility, where I have a lot of tactical decisions to make and dont feel limited by CDs, where I literally have 10 seconds to stand around and AA waiting for a CD to pop (Think Hecarim, cannot stand him).

Thanks for your imput

HaIfhearted

07-20-2012

I used to play a LOT of Skarner, to the point where I basically only played him from 1900-2k Dom elo.

Skarners single biggest enemy is attack speed slows, and with the recent Malphite nerfs now would be the perfect time to learn him.

He functions very well top as a sort of tank/bruiser hybrid.
He isn't as durable as Alistar, and doesn't deal as much damage as Jax or Xin Zhao, but he's a solid mix of both, and also comes packing a ton of soft-cc and (arguably) the best supression ult in the game.

One of the things I like best about Skarner is that he benefits most from being in your face and auto-attacking you, because with his passive it increases both his survivability (shield spam) and damage/utility (Q spam).
It also brings his ult up faster.

If you are looking for a spammy, tanky derp, I would definitely recommend giving Skarner a try.

urmamasllama

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
Jayce seems to get pigeonholed into the bottom lane pretty often but he looks great. True I havent seen many Dravens and when I have they didnt seem that intimidating, but his playstyle looked interesting.

Im really interested in Skarner, he looks like he has a lot of interesting mechanics and can add a lot to a team fight. Ive read good things about him in Dominion, but also heard that hes not that viable in upper elo ranges. Unsure of what to think.

Probably looking for an AD/AP carry/bruiser. Supports I already have in spades in Lux/Morg/Sona/Janna. For Tanks I have Voli, and Im fine with that. I want a champion that has a lot of utility, where I have a lot of tactical decisions to make and dont feel limited by CDs, where I literally have 10 seconds to stand around and AA waiting for a CD to pop (Think Hecarim, cannot stand him).

Thanks for your imput
sounds like you want jayce he has a lot of tactical decisions utility and if you do it right you will always have at least one ability off CD

MajorUrsa

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I used to play a LOT of Skarner, to the point where I basically only played him from 1900-2k Dom elo.

Skarners single biggest enemy is attack speed slows, and with the recent Malphite nerfs now would be the perfect time to learn him.

He functions very well top as a sort of tank/bruiser hybrid.
He isn't as durable as Alistar, and doesn't deal as much damage as Jax or Xin Zhao, but he's a solid mix of both, and also comes packing a ton of soft-cc and (arguably) the best supression ult in the game.

One of the things I like best about Skarner is that he benefits most from being in your face and auto-attacking you, because with his passive it increases both his survivability (shield spam) and damage/utility (Q spam).
It also brings his ult up faster.

If you are looking for a spammy, tanky derp, I would definitely recommend giving Skarner a try.
Very nice. Yeah I think Im looking into either Skarner, Jayce, or Zyra (maybe. but more of the first two.) I also like that Skarner is pretty under played right now.

XenZin

07-20-2012

Try Kayle, just 450 ip or Yorick, hes a really good bot laner.

MajorUrsa

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenZin View Post
Try Kayle, just 450 ip or Yorick, hes a really good bot laner.
Have Kayle, not interested in Yorick, hes usually banned and pretty overplayed and Im more interested in top champions then bots

Volandum

07-20-2012

Jayce can bot, in which case he farms up to a substantial build very fast. He is however a squishy at heart and pretty gankable. I prefer to take him top, and still reach expensive and powerful builds quite quickly. Jayce can also build bruiser, but this sacrifices a lot of damage.

On Dominion, Lux is an AP carry. Morgana is a tanky AP. Sona is a support bruiser, and Janna is a tanky support.

Javin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Draven! if you want to master someone.

The dps on this char is unparalleled, requiring extensive experience and practice to master him.

The good news your mana costs will be holding you back less on dominion so you can probably ignore manamune.

The bad news is the lack of escapes and consistent cc will make you an easy target. HOWEVER, once again, his dps is insane. I just have not seen anyone come close to mastering him yet.