Dominion makes me rage way more than SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maximum Teemo

11-13-2013

I don't rage a lot in SR, even in ranked when there's a horrible troll or a really bad throw. But in Dominion I really rage

It's the fact that people can be soo clueless there, they just don't know how the mode works. Wandering around aimlessly in mid confused, chasing off turret to 2v3 when you're defending a point, leaving 1 person top because the entire team is chasing 1 KS into the enemy base. Just so much more clueless than even the noobiest of SR people because at least they leveled to 30 in SR, most people have barely if ever played Dominion

THEN when you think you're going to win one, the score is 150-33, the entire team is killed and our respawn timers are 30 seconds and we get 5 capped because of comeback mechanics.

I have 150 wins in Dominion and this stuff still happens, I don't know when or how the elo supposedly changes to be bearable or if I could ever get there before I quit but this is just horrible

naotasan

11-13-2013

Here's how I escaped elo hell:

Method 1: Play Karma/Cassio bottom lane. Bottom lane wins games. (The champion that works best for you may be different than me)

Method 2: Premade with my friends who are plat/diamond and have great mechanics. Teach them the game mode and watch yourself get tons of free wins against low elo people.

I have 802W/672L btw

Nexus Crawler

11-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Teemo View Post
I don't rage a lot in SR, even in ranked when there's a horrible troll or a really bad throw. But in Dominion I really rage

It's the fact that people can be soo clueless there, they just don't know how the mode works. Wandering around aimlessly in mid confused, chasing off turret to 2v3 when you're defending a point, leaving 1 person top because the entire team is chasing 1 KS into the enemy base. Just so much more clueless than even the noobiest of SR people because at least they leveled to 30 in SR, most people have barely if ever played Dominion

THEN when you think you're going to win one, the score is 150-33, the entire team is killed and our respawn timers are 30 seconds and we get 5 capped because of comeback mechanics.

I have 150 wins in Dominion and this stuff still happens, I don't know when or how the elo supposedly changes to be bearable or if I could ever get there before I quit but this is just horrible
It gets better, it just can take a while. Eventually you will consistently stop getting people who AFK push waves, or sit on point and instead they will take jungle control to capitalize on the advantages they gain.

Nexus Crawler

11-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
I have 802W/672L btw
Way to make me feel bad that I didn't have the high elo friends to carry me nao! :P I did it the hard way in terrorq.

naotasan

11-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Crawler View Post
Way to make me feel bad that I didn't have the high elo friends to carry me nao! :P I did it the hard way in terrorq.
When I started Dominion, it was me and one other friend. We were low elo for a long time because we thought ghost + rammus was the best thing ever.

It wasnt until a few months later that we learned about Revive and actual strategy. He quit by then, and I solo Q'd with Karma to carry myself up to high elo.

I maintain high elo by playing Karma/Cassio/Hurgot/A few secret others/Teemo/etc bot lane now. It's hard to convince my SR friends to play Dominion these days

IronAegis

11-13-2013

Quote:
When I started Dominion, it was me and one other friend. We were low elo for a long time because we thought ghost + rammus was the best thing ever.

It wasnt until a few months later that we learned about Revive and actual strategy. He quit by then, and I solo Q'd with Karma to carry myself up to high elo.

I maintain high elo by playing Karma/Cassio/Hurgot/A few secret others/Teemo/etc bot lane now. It's hard to convince my SR friends to play Dominion these days
Well they can't convince me to go to SR, so THERE!

I'm not entirely convinced that bot wins games that hard. I've seen it, and I've been there, but sometimes you can crush bot with an iron fist, forcing them to send 2 or 3 down to you, and your team will still not take top.

naotasan

11-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post

I'm not entirely convinced that bot wins games that hard. I've seen it, and I've been there, but sometimes you can crush bot with an iron fist, forcing them to send 2 or 3 down to you, and your team will still not take top.
In low elo (my smurf) I can control both bottom towers and force 4v1's and 5v1's bottom and actually hold out. I love Garrison <3

IronAegis

11-13-2013

Quote:
In low elo (my smurf) I can control both bottom towers and force 4v1's and 5v1's bottom and actually hold out. I love Garrison <3
*shrug* That's my experience at 1600-1700 elo. 2v1 I can do, for awhile, but 0 pressure top/mid while they camp 2 bot lane (And they are remotely competent, a relevant counterpoint to your statement) does not a victory make.

naotasan

11-13-2013

Quote:
*shrug* That's my experience at 1600-1700 elo. 2v1 I can do, for awhile, but 0 pressure top/mid while they camp 2 bot lane (And they are remotely competent, a relevant counterpoint to your statement) does not a victory make.
At low level of play, I noticed people do not know about tower juggling (one person caps the tower while everyone else fights, if interrupted, someone else caps while everyone else fights, etc) and with Karma's shield+heal+garrison, it's straight up lolsy.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2013

Quote:

"Carry us Skarner (JigglythePuff)!" Remember those times as BTG, naotasan? Really, having an ironfist bot laner gives your top laners a chance to recoup, regroup, and possibly rethink strategies. Well, we have an iron fist at their bot lane. Why not just have 1-3 people hold our mid/jungle and have the rest of the team choke them out of their bottom half of the map? (pft, who needs windmill? strategy that we've lost to uh...PECS? BPB? +5?) Another way to change the flow of the game where you make the enemy bot the main focus of the game instead of windmill.