Suggestion for DD tournament stream

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

09-10-2012

Have two streams each with different camera views. Action often occurs on multiple places on the map at the same time. Having two streams would make it possible to capture all the action. People could either watch both streams at the same time, or not if they didn't care.

In SR concurrent action isn't a problem because action is infrequent so casters can rewind. Action is so frequent in Dominion that I don't see rewind being useful, which is why I think a two stream approach is better.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

They do have two cameras, but i believe that gandair said that his computer isn't quite up to the task of handling the stream, along with something to do with the program (xsplit?) that they use to do the broadcasts. They have talked about putting a picture in picture camera in the bottom left hand corner, but I dont think they've come to a conclusion on that yet.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

Where streamers normally put a webcam, instead you could put the other camera view, and then just switch main one when you want to comment on it

naotasan

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
Have two streams each with different camera views. Action often occurs on multiple places on the map at the same time. Having two streams would make it possible to capture all the action. People could either watch both streams at the same time, or not if they didn't care.
One of the casters doesn't have good enough internet to stream, but there has been something in the works. I believe Feedski has the most information about this.

I asked Gandair why he wasn't streaming and he said Chobra is the one who starts the stream, when I asked why he can't, he said he doesn't have enough resources. Be that a good computer or fast internet.

I believe what was talked about though, was having a bottom lane POV in the bottom left corner.

Again, Feedski is the one to ask about this stuff.

TCWA Tigerbite

09-11-2012

Last time I checked there are more than than a handful of people that can stream. Now whether or not they want to help stream the DD tournaments or the people running them want their help is an entirely different question.

As for people using the free version of xsplit, please stop. If you don't want to pay for it, then use FFsplit. I can stream in HD with no problems only using 2mb of upload speed.

Duelpower

09-11-2012

FFsplit is laggy as hell dude. At least free xsplit works well for most people.

Nyx87

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
Last time I checked there are more than than a handful of people that can stream. Now whether or not they want to help stream the DD tournaments or the people running them want their help is an entirely different question.

As for people using the free version of xsplit, please stop. If you don't want to pay for it, then use FFsplit. I can stream in HD with no problems only using 2mb of upload speed.
Xsplit is the most efficient in terms of computer usage currently. I have a ~3 mb upload, but my computer can't handle it uploading that(yet, i might try to upgrade some of its hardware again soon).

Orphane

09-11-2012

I'm still waiting for POOTERSScam.

NamKim

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
I'm still waiting for POOTERSScam.
My thoughts exactly.

TCWA Tigerbite

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
FFsplit is laggy as hell dude. At least free xsplit works well for most people.

It was working fine when I first told you about it. I don't know what you did to mess it up.

I use it on GW2 Dungeon Runs and Dominion games and it plays as smooth as can be.