Champion variety (beware: monsters within!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cae vida loka

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Sorry if you don't like variety - our bad.
I have so much to complain about, that at the moment, I couldnt care less about champion variety.

They are all expensive by the way - 6300 IP and 975 RP. Why dont you talk about the price? Its what everyone would be interested.

Hikazz

07-20-2012

any plans on a tanky warrior like yordle? Like a dwarf like champion or something?!

Morello

Lead Designer

07-20-2012
3 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
I must say though, Morello...some archetypes that are ultra popular in fantasy games...you guys haven't explored well (demon/devil champ, god champ...it took you 3 years to explore "nature mage"...and water manipulator is still absent, etc).

While LoL has a great and unique variety of champs and archetypes...there's some types that are present in nearly all fantasy genre/games that are absent in LoL. Do you plan on fixing/changing this?
Agreed - there's just a lot to cover here. There are more popular archetypes than we can actually release in a year. Basically, there's cool stuff and we should do it, there's just lots of it

Morello

Lead Designer

07-20-2012
4 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cae vida loka View Post
I have so much to complain about, that at the moment, I couldnt care less about champion variety.

They are all expensive by the way - 6300 IP and 975 RP. Why dont you talk about the price? Its what everyone would be interested.
Then I don't know why you're in this thread, honestly.

st0pb0t

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Agreed - there's just a lot to cover here. There are more popular archetypes than we can actually release in a year. Basically, there's cool stuff and we should do it, there's just lots of it
So... Morello... about Trundle...

Buffs? Skins? A passing acknowledgment?

MetTRMinBathroom

07-20-2012

Need more champs that manipulate the environment.

Magic Gunner

07-20-2012

Awesome stuff, thank you for taking the time to make this post.

I have two questions for you Morello.

Do you currently have another support in the making?

and

Would you be able to give us a hint or clue towards your next non-humanoid champion? (I'd love to see a Frog Knight or Mage personally)

Devastra

07-20-2012

Make a furry please (Of the non-sexual kind, something like star fox or something) The game doesn't really have one. I guess you could argue Nasus or Ahri, but neither really fall into the same archtype as Fox or someone like Fox, I personally would love to have one, and I'm sure many other people would too.

Pawstruck

07-20-2012

Morello,

I think a lot of the problem comes from the fact that Tanky-DPS/"Bruiser" types are just so **** generic. Gap closer + steroid + herp derp if I close the distance on anything but a tank it dies. I personally detest (yes, detest!) bruiser types, which limits the game's appeal to me in many ways since bruisers are so strong right now. (How about kicking Darius, Jax, and the new Xin in the balance-balls for me, eh?)

Anyway, I agree: Not all humans are the same. Some humans I love. Annie, Fiora, Graves, and many more are enjoyable and compelling! It's just the "DAUGHHHHH I HAVE A BIG WEPON AND I GO TOP LANE 4 WIN" junk that really gets up my nose.

Hardcore Pwn

07-20-2012

=D