Champion variety (beware: monsters within!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

President Frog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

I personally want a quad-legged monster ._.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Hey Morello there is any chance that we will see other champion that use pet that we control soon?

OneWhoYOLOs

07-20-2012

Will there be a "joke" champion? Like Dan from Street Fighter who seems like an idiot who will get destroy in every fight (com'on, he shoots out pink baby hadoken) but is actually really strong but just need higher skills or Jigglypuff from Smash Bros that seems it'll suck in fights but actually owns but requires higher skills to play.

ORANGEMAU5

07-20-2012

Hey Morello, serious question now. A couple of months ago, I saw in the LoL Wiki that Ezreal leaked a " elemental hydra champion" and for a LONG time I wanted to know if this was true. So the question is: Is Ezreal really working on an Elemental Hydra champion and is it the "next creature" you are talking about or is this whole thing Wiki Shenanigans? I hope you can answer this, because I don't want to get overexcited for nothing.
Thank you
ORANGEMAU5

Artise

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yes, smaller is fine (Lulu and Nautilus were this and we knew they would be), but minuscule is too far.
What about black/african/haitian/jamaican/american (and much more) peoples being represented? I wonder how small that demographic is. I'm not trying to be rude. I just want a clear response, please.

Pookrat

07-20-2012

Morello, what is your opinion on giraffes?

Professor Fancy

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookrat View Post
Morello, what is your opinion on giraffes?
Important stuff, here.

Hakouden

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Pretzel View Post
Oh yes this would be good.
Having powers like Magneto.

Pull champions in, push them out, throw stuff at champions, trap champions . . .

ooohh yeah!!
Sounds like a champion from that game with the heroes on that weird planet of newerth.
I think the heroes name was like Flex or Flup hmm, flexo? Drop the O on Flexo.
That's it. ;P

Morello

Lead Designer

07-20-2012
15 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artise View Post
Morello! You dodged the black character question, and that's not fair. How do we have so few representations of people. This is an international game, and if we're trying to do well by the women, men, monsters, and peoples in more reserved countries, why are we seeing exclusion of such an important demographic (not to minimize any other)? The least we expect is some comment. Don't just brush it off. I've seen heavier comments and concerns answered.
As far as skin tones go (remember, we actually don't have ethnic backgrounds in our game at all), we have a variety from light to dark. Karma is pretty dark, Ezreal is pretty light.

I don't know - I'm working on a fantasy game from a world where alien monsters come from other dimensions and fight pyromanic children with demon bears. Skin tone is an aesthetic decision as far as I'm concerned.

Garlyle Wilds

07-20-2012

Hey, Morello!

While we're talking champion variety, just out of curiosity, have you been taking into consideration playstyle variety in your release schedule? Obviously you've acknowledged that we had a short term burst of BIG MAN SMASH in design, but has consideratoin of role/design taken a forefront at all in release schedule? I remember a lot of complaints over the past few months of "oh goodie another tanky deeps" and sometimes it sure feels that way. Only sometimes, though .