Champion variety (beware: monsters within!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turrdfergason

09-19-2012

I would like to see a Black Champion. I think that would be awesome and create alot of diversity. Cole Train of GOW is one of my favorite characters of all time. I would like to see that in League of Legends. It seems as though most of the champions are either white or monsters of some sort. I dont mind this I just think it would be cool to have some different variety.

Not to fit a stereotype but a witch doctor type champion would be awesome.

Also a Native american war chief type would be pretty cool

Fffogolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

But, Morello, what's the reasoning behind not making any female monsters? it gets annoying that EVERY monster out there is male except for Anivia... You guys always say that you strive for variety, but every time a monster is released it's a male? Besides, making a female monster isn't even hard. All you need is a different voiceover to change most of the current monsters to female and it would fit and be believable.

RainbowSlayer996

09-19-2012

[QUOTE=Morello;29408537]

Hey morello ive been playing this game since a little while after varus came out love the game the new champs and old.

thats why im on the forum anivia was my first champ looooove her soooooo much.

shes so underpowered compared to these new ap champs you have been releasing can i expect a rework for anivia or should i let her collect dust.

honestly i know the power anivia brings to the table so why not make her power more viable. these are the main problems i find with anivia

she is the squishiest champ in the game she has horrible base defensive stats she doesnt have to be a tank but a base stat buff would be nice if not shes like snapping a twig when shes in her egg or not unless you buy a warmogs and i have done it but it drops her damage output like an anchor.

whats with her movement speed like i have never seen a bird fly so slow in my life youve seen a bald eagle before right?? birds do not naturally fly that slow do you see birds fly in the sky there fast not slower than karthus

her flash frost omg you have to hit it a second time for the aoe to go off unlike 99% of champs who have skill line nukes similar to anivias that just burst on contact what is up with that

her egg why does she lose armor and magic resist in her egg makes no sense ... nuff said

her ultimate glacial storm awesome ult but its kinda useless when you cant really farm with it early game and you cant keep anyone in it to save your life cause she has a wall not a closed circular wall unless jarvan 4 is on your team and at that his ult is not impassible terrain like the description says btw you should fix that but like would it be asking too much to have a stun in her ult if they have been standing in it for a period of time like viktors gravity field.

and the last thing i would like to ask will there be more of anivias race entering the league id sure hope so but thank you for taking the time to read this i hope i can hear your input about this topic soon

Pudgy Prinny

09-20-2012

it looks like a scyther on drugs >

MicroGodrad

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rustling View Post
Its here, finally!

+1, we really do enjoy insight into the game design methods you guys use.
This. Not only does giving us insight shut us up, it actually makes us happy

Naziru

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This "I miss the days when" isn't actually due to changes with the game, but the natural evolution of skill as a game is out longer. When games are new, no one knows what is optimal, and experimentation is in greater demand as people try to figure it out. As people learn more and get better, this gets harder because "what's best" gets more defined.

The good news is that I want to be a bit disruptive with Season 3: Xypherous is overhauling a bunch of items to meet this goal, though I'm not ready to share details yet. We do think with the rate we change our game helps with us being able to fight this, so that after 10 years League doesn't become rote and predictable.

RE: Champion Design, I just completely disagree. The champions need to do something sensible in our game, but they also have pretty unique gameplay hooks - juggling axes on Draven, charging Varus' Q, Rengar's Ferocity system, Syndra being able to manipulate objects...I dunno man. I think our champions this year are mostly -really- good :x
Those ARE all good but aside from Rengar their uniqueness comes froma single skill or gameplay mechanic not from them having a truly new/unique way of playing. Varus will still build the same as an ashe, Syndra will always build full AP, etc. I guess what im getting at is that I like to have choices during the game on what I should and shouldn't do rather than having everyone stick to the "most viable" and build the same items/skill order every single game. That is why I brought up heim as an example, he could go full ap glass cannon, or bruiser ad with his turrets as backup, or full tank support with his turrets for fights. That's alot of variety for a single champion and moreso his play was unlike playing annie/malz/leblanc/veigar/brand/ etc. where its all just slight variations of pop your crowd control and one combo them before it wears off. Or Udyr stance swapping compared to garen/darius/xin/insert tanky ad. where you just walk in and push buttons.

Dues Pater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2013

i would liek to see a harpy champion

RaDMaNx

04-16-2013

We need a transformer champion.

TFeast55555

04-16-2013

We clearly need a necromancer. The forums are full of them

RaDMaNx

04-16-2013

We need a steam powered champ