Rise of the Thorns: Designing Zyra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DessertPunk

07-20-2012

yay more info, how about a release like sometime this week. Like we are waiting, i don't like her just being showed off in my face like a piece of candy i can't have

Ceroah

07-20-2012

How about enough of these posts and you release the champion already....come on.

07-20-2012

the further delaying of Zyra

dv1d

07-20-2012

tl:dr

HalcyonicAether

07-20-2012

at this point, it's taken so long that...really...sorry but I've lost interest in the champion =\...probably gonna save my riot points until she's free to play, assuming I even buy her...

Kochipo

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonicAether View Post
at this point, it's taken so long that...really...sorry but I've lost interest in the champion =\...probably gonna save my riot points until she's free to play, assuming I even buy her...
Yup. When I first heard about her I wanted her to death, then a week went by, still wanted her, but now, after hearing all these things about her, and how long it's taken I can't say I really care much any more. I'ma just wait for her to be free to play, then see from there.

xplayfang1

Senior Recruiter

07-20-2012

shut up and put her out already ><

ceasetheday

07-20-2012

Riot has to know by now that posting something like this after pushing back a champion's release is just going to bring endless comments about Zyra's release.

I'm going to look through this thread just to humor myself. X)

Reebdoog

07-20-2012

Hi guys. I just wanted to chime in and say she sounds like a very interesting champion, definitely not a cookie cutter champ, and I thank you for that. Zyra is my type of champion and reminds me a bit of Teemo in that you have to actually make decisions that reward you instead of just jumping right into a fight balls to the wall. You can do this with Teemo but like you said, you are rewarded with much more if you plan out the fight.

It reminds me of a match I played a long time ago, and I uploaded this to youtube, where I outplayed a master yi, akali and lux using the brushes and mushrooms. First I lured akali into the brush at mid lane on the river. before she got into the brush I dropped a mushroom and went into stealth mode. As soon as she hit the mushroom I blinded her and killed her in a few seconds. Master yi seen this and headed towards me so I ran behind the brush and stood in between the two brushes right there in the river. As soon as he stepped into the first brush I ran into the one behind me and put a shroom down, stopped and blinded him, then waited for him to step on the shroom. As soon as he did I ran back past him toward mid lane and juked him, unloaded on him and killed him in a couple more seconds. Then just as I killed master yi I spotted lux coming at me from mid lane behind their tower. So I placed a shroom in the little brush in the middle of the river and stood on the opposite side of it making sure I didnt go into stealth. Lux spotted me and ran right towards me through the small brush, triggering the shroom and allowing me to blind her. 3 for 0 on Teemo due to planning everything out before they got to me.

This is why I am completely interested by this champ. It is my play style and I thank you for making her. Cant wait for her release!!!!

Oleoay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

"CertainlyT: In the early stages of development, we actually set up all of her plants as using the models of other champions. Her Q plant was Ashe, for instance. She popped up and would shoot at enemies. Her E plant was Jarvan using his lance."

Riot, that's a legendary skin I'd buy.