Rise of the Thorns: Designing Zyra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SquirtleLuv

07-20-2012

**** you riot where the **** is she! U **** licking *****s!

69183swag

07-20-2012

hasnt this already happened?

WordsIs9

07-20-2012

Awesome Q&A. I really enjoyed the in-depth discussion! I would love to see more of these.

Lord Cantì

07-20-2012

Are you sure it wasn't Poison Ivy?

The MechE

07-20-2012

I like reading about the design of champions. It's interesting to see the thing you guys look for.

Lady Darena

07-20-2012

Maybe I'm just being a little too jealous or seeing a trend that's not there but... only TWO seeds? Why not three, or four?

So far the only champ who seems to have an almost unlimited number of place-able items is Teemo, who can pepper a battlefield with tons of mushrooms. I don't think Zyra should be able to do the same, but she should be able to place more than two seeds, I think. You guys even scaled back Heimer so he could only have two turrets up at a time, and it seems odd that you keep coming back to this number for all of your champs except Teemo.

Perhaps she could only "awaken" two of them at a time, but she should be allowed to place more than 2, so she can really work her options to use them to guard or attack. At the least, the plant aspect of her character is such that producing only 2 seeds seems unreal... though I guess it *would* explain the fact that her kind has almost completely died out.

Lady Darena

07-20-2012

Also praying she turns out to be as fun and interesting as all this build up makes her out to be. I'm going to be spending some gifted riot points on her, and would hate for her to be unplayed after that due to excessive complexity or some silly design flaw.

Also, please.... PLEASE have everything up and running at peak efficiency when you let her go! If I have to go another 3 weeks without being able to play due to major issues with your servers, I'm gonna lose it! I really hope you guys are preparing for this in every way imaginable, and that the champ is worth the wait. Looking forward to playing her, and that's no lie.

Nirosu

07-20-2012

hmm with only two seeds ranking up the seed skill sounds like it might be very underwhelming. I imagine her Ap scalings must be pretty high if her plants are completely immobile.
The idea seems great can't wait for her to be released but I really hope she wasnt overly dumbed down during the development process to feel too rewarding to new players and not rewarding enough for veteran players.

ploki122

07-20-2012

You said that with Zyra you would deliver something new :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Something you've never seen before in MOBA, but I won't tell
Do you still consider this to be true? and if you do, what's so impressive about her? (There is 1 current possibility I can see and you wouldn't be the cause of it since it's the graphics...)

Crevox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

She's super important, but she isn't even out yet