Karma's Tea Shop, Zen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snowy Poro

10-06-2012

Leona looked at the menu once more "How about some.. Ionian tarts and black tea?" she then suggested, looking to Kayle

Ask the Kumiho

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Jay looks at his empty tea cup as Ahri said that, immediately calling for a refill. As it came, he took another sip. "Well, makes enough sense. My own hair refuses to stay still because it's used to Piltover's humidity." As if on cue, the right side of his hair began to stand on end. He patted it down without looking.
Ahri could not help but smile. Jay was an interesting character; a rather comical creature in his own way. She allowed the male a few moments to relish his tea before inclining her head to his words. "That's part of the charm," the fox mused, "I have no doubt that some may find it endearing." It was true. Many from Piltover seemed to have hair that stuck up in odd places. Except for that Defender - it all looked quite slick and plastic to her. "I wonder how my tails would fare in such a weather."

Surya Roan

10-07-2012

She bowed to Leona. "Thank you for your kindness." With that she looked at Kayle's menu staring at the sweet buns. Her eyes lighting up as a look of hunger washed over her face.

Blood Mythos

10-07-2012

Kayle stares blankly at the menu... "I don't... there are just so many different choices..." After a minute, "What are you getting Leona?"

holyfafnir

10-07-2012

A boy by the name of Pyrathi walks in slowly finds a seat and checks out the menu

Snowy Poro

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Kayle View Post
Kayle stares blankly at the menu... "I don't... there are just so many different choices..." After a minute, "What are you getting Leona?"
"I suppose Ionian tarts and black tea"

Leona said with a slight shrug

Jaykoboy

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrí Kumiho View Post
Ahri could not help but smile. Jay was an interesting character; a rather comical creature in his own way. She allowed the male a few moments to relish his tea before inclining her head to his words. "That's part of the charm," the fox mused, "I have no doubt that some may find it endearing." It was true. Many from Piltover seemed to have hair that stuck up in odd places. Except for that Defender - it all looked quite slick and plastic to her. "I wonder how my tails would fare in such a weather."
Jay thought over her query. "Hm." He snapped his fingers, and familiar blue summoning circles appeared on the table. After they'd burnt their pattern into the table, a small cotton ball was sitting there. "Sorry, needed that for my example. And I don't really carry medicinal tools around with me. Anyways..." He grabbed the cotton ball and squished it slightly. "Let's say this is your tail. Nice, cute, fluffy, and relatively attractive." He then began pulling on the cotton ball from every side, until it was a frizzy mess. "Now this is what it would probably look like in Piltover; huge, frayed, and absolutely horrid. Well, unless you like that sort of look."

He threw the cotton ball behind him, where it burst into flame, the ashes collapsing into the trashcan. "Long story short, don't go to Piltover if you like having your tails the way they are. Of course, you could visit Zaun first; so many chemicals in the air there that they'll probably starch your tails out." He gave a quick grimace at the mention of chemicals.

Ask the Kumiho

10-08-2012

A magic trick? Or not a trick, but pure magic... regardless of what it was, Ahri looked on with much interest, wondering if such a thing was allowed in the cafe. The next thing on her mind was how permanent those markings were exactly, though her attention was placed on the small, fuzzy object now sitting rather sullenly on the wood. For the pretty sparkles the magic had caused, the outcome was not as amusing as Ahri would have hoped. She leaned back now that the show was over, and while she continued to look on attentively, her eyes no longer shone with the same interest. That is, until Jay mauled the poor cotton with much fervor and her tails seemed to recoil instinctively. "I see..." Was her only response as Ahri continued to observe the ruined ball. Her tails had taken on an appearance like that once before, but the Kumiho had decided to keep that to herself.

Suddenly, the object was thrown, ignited and discarded. Ahri was almost sorry to see it go, and she shifted a little as if to peak over Jay's shoulder. "So you are likening my tails to ordinary cotton?" The fox smirked, though that quickly faded as Zaun was mentioned. Like her companion, her expression turned into a slight frown. "I don't think it'd be my tails I'd have to look out for." If anything, Ahri knew that inhaling such chemicals would probably be very detrimental to her health. While she had no immediate judgement on the city state, the stories she had heard about it did not paint it in a very attractive light.

Jaykoboy

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrí Kumiho View Post
A magic trick? Or not a trick, but pure magic... regardless of what it was, Ahri looked on with much interest, wondering if such a thing was allowed in the cafe. The next thing on her mind was how permanent those markings were exactly, though her attention was placed on the small, fuzzy object now sitting rather sullenly on the wood. For the pretty sparkles the magic had caused, the outcome was not as amusing as Ahri would have hoped. She leaned back now that the show was over, and while she continued to look on attentively, her eyes no longer shone with the same interest. That is, until Jay mauled the poor cotton with much fervor and her tails seemed to recoil instinctively. "I see..." Was her only response as Ahri continued to observe the ruined ball. Her tails had taken on an appearance like that once before, but the Kumiho had decided to keep that to herself.

Suddenly, the object was thrown, ignited and discarded. Ahri was almost sorry to see it go, and she shifted a little as if to peak over Jay's shoulder. "So you are likening my tails to ordinary cotton?" The fox smirked, though that quickly faded as Zaun was mentioned. Like her companion, her expression turned into a slight frown. "I don't think it'd be my tails I'd have to look out for." If anything, Ahri knew that inhaling such chemicals would probably be very detrimental to her health. While she had no immediate judgement on the city state, the stories she had heard about it did not paint it in a very attractive light.
"Oh, sorry, no, they're more like...er..." He was struggling to come up with something equally fluffy but not as common when Ahri mercifully changed subjects to Zaun. "Oh, yeah. Never met a Zaunite who wasn't like Mundo in some way. Ju having to live across the bay from that toxic pit was bad enough, thank you very much." He gave a quick pout. Noticing that Ahri's expression had changed since he summoned the cotton ball, he did loosen up slightly. "Hey, you ok? I know I'm a horrid bore, but I'm certainly not depressing. I think." He grabbed a bunch of his robes and looked at them, immediately dropping them. "Nope, not indigo, I shouldn't be too depressing."

Ask the Kumiho

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
"Oh, sorry, no, they're more like...er..." He was struggling to come up with something equally fluffy but not as common when Ahri mercifully changed subjects to Zaun. "Oh, yeah. Never met a Zaunite who wasn't like Mundo in some way. Just having to live across the bay from that toxic pit was bad enough, thank you very much." He gave a quick pout. Noticing that Ahri's expression had changed since he summoned the cotton ball, he did loosen up slightly. "Hey, you ok? I know I'm a horrid bore, but I'm certainly not depressing. I think." He grabbed a bunch of his robes and looked at them, immediately dropping them. "Nope, not indigo, I shouldn't be too depressing."
"I suppose there's no point in generalizing them, but it does seem like the ones that represent Zaun aren't exactly in the best of... forms." She shrugged. "Not to mention their affiliations, it's difficult to say anything positive. Of course, I could just be biased to my dear Ionia." Ahri perked up as a sudden topic dawned on her, though she allowed Jay to speak first. The small look of disapproval had already disappeared, her signature smile dawning once more. Nonetheless, she appreciated Jay's rather sweet attempt at making sure she wasn't too bored.

"Nothing like that. Thinking about poison and such is never really a topic one would discuss over breakfast. Unless you're a Zaunite." The Kumiho grinned, "There used to be some hunters out there who used poison to bait 'vermin'. Foxes including, so it's not just the Ionian pride talking." Her eyes brightened. "Speaking of. What do you think of Ionia?"