Karma's Tea Shop, Zen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskUdyr

07-20-2012

Shrugging, the beast man continued, "Truth be told, I have not held them back that much or else we would be speaking in snarls and growls to you. When living in the forest, you tend to not want to grow an attraction towards animals or else you end up at the wrong end of a honey badger." He chuckled and shook his head, "Then being raised by monks, celibacy tends to be a higher prerogative than usual."

He leaned forward, looking at the landscape before him. The chair creaked and groaned. Udyr continued, "There is no point, in this life, to befriend anyone. Companionship is temporary, only so long as an animal is able to keep its strength up does it bear any importance in any sort of structure. It is such a fragile concept, and despite that, in the end, everyone dies alone. The only things that matter, is what you do in this lifetime. That is why I am Udyr, and not my birth name." The beast man fell quiet for a few moments before asking a rather candid question, "Karma, did I ever tell you that I killed the man who raised me, the monk who found me in the forest?"

IS1c35b91acc2fd88f04ccd

07-20-2012

Karma does not appear overly upset about this new piece of information, however, a slight frown touched her lips briefly, before disappearing as she spoke.

"No Udyr, you did not, and although i am not happy with the decision you made, i will not condone your actions."

She pauses again to sip her tea, momentarily closing her eyes before speaking again.

"Tell me, what made you do it?"

Askthewolves

07-20-2012

The large gray wolf from Summoner's Rift nonchalantly enters the shop, golden eyes contrasting against his pallid fur. He trots up to Udyr and begins sniffing at the animal man's feet, confused by the hodgepodge of scents radiating off of the beast man.

IS1c35b91acc2fd88f04ccd

07-20-2012

((he's at the back of the shop, in the terrace))

AskUdyr

07-20-2012

"What reason do you think I did it for?" He looked over at Karma, grinning at her, "Because I am malicious? Because I am a killer? Because I am a wild animal? Why do you think I would kill the man who defeated me so soundly, took me in, raised me, helped me hone my art and still gave me my freedom? Do you think I go around in my spare time burning down orphanages because they are weak and defenseless and therefore easy prey? Perhaps you also think I steal candy from children and slap them afterwards. Hmph."

Udyr was clearly angered with the tone she had given her. He went back to looking out at the fields that stretched before them. "When I was young, and he had first taken us in, I tried attacking him. Again, he flowed around our movements as if he were..." He raised a hand and swished it through the air, "As if he were water. We could not touch him. I tried day, after day, after day, and failed. He started showing me how to refine my techniques, how to control my primal rage, how to put on those silly monk dresses, and so forth. Next year, on the day he brought us in, I thought I would try attacking him again. I failed, once again. And so, the cycle continued."

Udyr leaned forward, "Year after year, we would try on the same day to try and best him, to see my progress. He always beat me though, no matter what I did. After five years, he had to resort to actually putting in a physical effort. Ten years after that, we would trade blow for blow, and he still defeated me. Five years after that, I challenged him again. He was older than before, true, but he had never lost. He stood up, we bowed to one another, and I killed him in a single strike."

Udyr fired his fist forward, sending out a wreath of flame that promptly dissipated, "He did not try to move. He did not try to block, or dodge, or anything. I punched him once, and stopped his heart. He died before he hit the ground. I stood there, waiting for him to get back up any moment. I had hit him so much harder before, I used to strike him with blows that could sunder brick and stone and he would take the full brunt, transfer the kinetic force into his own strike and tap us. I waited there for an hour before the others came and took away his body."

The beast man raised a finger up, "One strike, and I killed him. Because he had become an old man. To this day, I still do not understand why he accepted the fight, yet refused to fight me. So I resolved that before old age could take me, I would become the strongest. I would make the Heavens that bestowed me their gifts to look upon me, and acknowledge the strength that is Udyr's, and I would do it before I became that old, that...feeble. There is no point in disrespecting the dead by not honoring their memory. And so, my resolve had become steeled. But now, I told her to not shed any tears the day I died, and she could have lied and said she would not. She did not lie, and I should have told her no. I should have told her to begone. I did not. Why?"

Udyr looked over at Karma finally, his gruff voice and his usual pronoun returning, "Understand that if you tell a soul about this, we will be most disappointed with you."

IS1c35b91acc2fd88f04ccd

07-20-2012

Karma smiles, satisfied with his answer.

"Udyr, once again, your response has re-kindled my respect for you. Everyone has their own path, but know that i am always here if need be."

She reaches over the terrace, plucking a single flower, inhaling its heady fragrance before finally responding again.

"Worry not, unlike others, I value privacy and keeping quiet, i assure you i will tell no one of what has transpired here."

AskUdyr

07-20-2012

Udyr looked at Karma and nodded, "Hm..." He got up from his seat and suddenly moved towards the fields. He reached down and grabbed something. Walking over, he placed the flower onto Karma's lap. It was a small green stem that extended into several white, bell shaped flowers. "Lily of the Valley," he pointedly said. "Smells better."

With that, Udyr returned to his seat and went back to staring off in the distance. Looking down at the wolf at his feet, Udyr emitted a low growl and scratched the back of his ears.

DoktorRepulsor

07-20-2012

((Xin, you need an appointment , go to the ask karma thread, or you'll ruin the order, Lulu's next, after Udyr.,))

IS1c35b91acc2fd88f04ccd

07-20-2012

( ^^^^ tru dat))

Karma slowly picked up the flower in her lap, pausing before inhaling its fragrance.

"Mmm, true to it's name, Udyr, your choice in flowers are impeccable."

With that, she put the Lily on the table, and rested her neck on her chair, putting her hand to her face in order to support it as she (as she was busy with meetings the prior night) slowly went into a nap.

((I'll be back in the morning.))

AskUdyr

07-20-2012

Udyr got up from his chair and silently made his way out. It was strange to see a man his size move so silently. With a low, sharp growl to the wolf, he motioned for it to follow him. The bell did not even jingle when he opened the front door, quietly leaving.