Hack? Or server fail?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DanteLovesPizza

07-20-2012

Hi,
I'm new to the forums, so I'm not sure if I am posting at the right place, if not, please help me move this or submit it to the right person/place.

Basically, I was in a game, but after around 8 minutes (I believe), four members of our team were disconnected, I was the only one who didn't on our team, not separately, but all at the same time, literally. The enemy team was totally fine though, and had no issues, which subsequently led to our lose, because our team was at a disadvantage in level, money, items and kills by the time everyone reconnected. This is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me in the few months I have played this game.

I've asked in chat and confirmed, only two of the four were part of a premade (Teemo and Evelynn, if I remember correctly), so it would not be an internet issue where they all shared the same internet connection, therefore, internet failure is not the case.

Coincidence? Is it not too coincidental for all four to disconnect at the very same time? And all from the same team? Pushing a little too far to call it all coincidences, don't you think?

At first, I thought it was a server issue, in which if an admin confirms it to be the case, I hope our team is somehow compensated for our forced loss, as it was not our fault, but rather, a server bug.

But during the game, a team mate suggested that it was more likely a hack that forced them to disconnect, as it ONLY happened to OUR team, with the enemy team not being affected at all in any way, not even one member. If this is the case, I hope the admins can look into this case and ban the offender.

We confronted them, but they obviously denied the hacking accusation, because if they admitted it, it'd be solid proof in the chat log, which can be easily accessed.

I've attached a picture of the Overview of the match after the game, so it shows everyone who was in the game, and hopefully it can aid and assist in the investigation of the issue. If any further information is needed, I will try my best to provide.

I sincerely hope the admins can look into this, because this seriously affects gameplay. If it's a server bug, then it will affect more players in the future, if it is a hacker, then this person will continue to ruin games for more people in the future.

Game finished 21/07/2012, roughly 01:00 BST.

From,
DanteLovesPizza

Sacredify

07-20-2012

It was most likely the server. It has happened (on extremely rare cases when the servers are taking a royal poop) that my team has disconnected, while the others have been fine.

The Skesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Never seen any sort of hack on League, I am assuming something was really glitchy on the server. My friends and I have all 5 disconnected at once for apparently no reason. Alot can come to play in that though. Location, Internet Provider, etc. Not any sort of hack I assure you.

DanteLovesPizza

07-21-2012

Sacredify, did you get any compensation for it? I've got an extra for no reason now. D:

The Skesh, I see. I don't know why everyone is so confident on the LoL server, because I've seen and heard hacks on many game servers, what makes this one so special every seems to doubt hacks?
Location/ISP wise, well, like I said, only 2 out of the 4 that disconnected were premade, and if I remember correctly, they had different pings, i.e. did not share the same internet connection, so I doubt it's anything to do with location or ISP.

Nonetheless, dodgy server fail. Lucky enemy? -.-" Hopefully an admin reads this and gets the issue fixed.

Thanks for the responses.