Jungling under level 20... HELP :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IsshuukanFriends

07-20-2012

So I started playing Lee Sin and Jax and I want to jungle.
But every time I jungle I get killed by the monsters in the jungle lol
So i need some help...
*How do you jungle without all the runes and masteries level 30 summoners use?
*Any champions that are good to practice jungling with?
*What are the routes and items needed to start for (insert champion here)?
*And the basics for jungling.
Thanks in advance.
BTW im level 11 almost level 12

Poncik

07-20-2012

Try to use Warwick(built in lifesteal). Try to get a leash on blue to begin. Start Cloth/5hpots for survivability. Another good one to practice with is udyr.

IsshuukanFriends

07-20-2012

Thanks

Tjlep

07-20-2012

I haven't been playing very long myself, I only reached level 30 a week or two ago. But, I jungle a little bit and have been trying my best to learn the role (I mostly played AP mid when I was leveling to 30). Jungling was the first role that really caught my interest. The first champion I unlocked was Trundle and there was a time where I had my heart set on mastering Trundling. I have a friend who has been playing since LoL's initial release and I asked him for advice on how to start jungling. The advice he gave me is don't invest time into learning to jungle until you reach level 20 and although I didn't really enjoy that advice, I think he was right.

There are champions that can jungle without runes but, they would normally need runes and masteries to improve their ability to clear the jungle quickly and gank effectively such that you can keep up in level. What you will typically find is that you are too far behind in gold and experience to do anything to help your teammates in lane.

Also, you are still learning the game and don't have much experience laning or playing against other players. This is important because a Jungler needs to have a good understanding of what is going on in lane to know best how to help that lane or if they even can for that matter. There are times when there are better ways to help a lane than ganking. There are even times when ganking might end in kill baiting a teammate and not being able to follow up, but to understand that you will need experience in laning.

The other issue with this is that you will be missing out on a lot of fundamental skill developement that applies to every other role. Some examples are: last hitting, poking, trading, baiting and pushing. If you understand these things and when you should be doing them, you will have a strong foundation to learn any of the roles from. But, without these skills or the knowledge to use them, you will have a lot more difficulty with any role you decide to learn.

Cfattie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Jungle is my main role now, but when I started jungling at about 15, I honestly couldn't jungle effectively with any champion besides Warwick, and that stayed true right up until I hit level 20 (which is when I tried Amumu, and carried hard because Amumu is the best tank ever; but that's a side note).

It's been said before, but try Warwick. The reason you need runes is so that you survive the first few levels of the jungle. Hence why Flat Armor Seals are in every good jungling guide you'll see. This helps a lot once you get to level 20, even for Warwick, but if you insist on jungling pre-20, the cool thing about Warwick is that he has a ton of innate sustain. Literally every time he attacks, he gains health. Build him a few tanky items and he's a hard beast to kill.

Hope I helped.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

you can buy tier 1 flat armor yellows, they cost almost nothing but they are comparable to tier 3
and put more points to defense tree, like 9 to offense and spare to defense