Need tips on starting to play unfixed camera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cownap

07-20-2012

I'm still relatively new to the game despite being level 30, I've been playing fixed camera mainly. The only occasions I use unfixed is before a gank when I'm jungling or when I lane with Urgot.

I know playing fixed camera puts me at a disadvantage because you can't focus your camera on the action and you have to blindly walk into fights.

My problem is that when I try to play unfixed I can't keep it focused on where I need to and cast spells at the same time.

Was wondering about how you guys use unfixed and if there are any settings I can alter to make it easier.

TwistWrist

07-20-2012

Spacebar recenters the camera around your champ. You can also bind it to lock/unlock the camera if that is more comfortable for you.

Mostly, you just need to practice bumping the camera around. You quickly bump the end of the screen to move the camera where it needs to be for small camera adjustments.

Disqualifier

07-20-2012

One thing that really helped me when I was trying to get used to playing with it on unlock was changing my mouse speed. My mouse speed / sensitivity in windows was set really high. By making my mouse move a little bit slower I felt I had more control on the camera.

Granted doing this will give you a slight disadvantage as far as being as quick as possible at first but what I did was build from there and slowly and slowly kept creeping my speed of my mouse back up to where it used to be. I am now capable of playing unlocked without any issues with my mouse set extremely fast.

Clue

07-20-2012

I ran into the same problem when I was new. It made playing feel really awkward and whatnot.

I bound the default (Y) key to the space bar for toggling it on and off and just played locked most of the time and unbound it when I felt it was needed. Over time I became more comfortable with it and I can switch between the two really easily.

TL;DR don't obsess over it, just practice with it and you'll get better. Also change the scroll speed if it's too fast/slow for you.

GrandeGlande

07-20-2012

I assigned Y to one of my mouse thumb keys so its easier to trigger it on and off but I still fail quite a lot, I guess its about getting used to it as so many people seem to suggest!

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Mess with the sensitivity, it really helps a ton. Practice unlocked in AI games or wherever, get used to it without your slightly reduced (for now) level of play negatively impacting teammates to the point of causing a loss.

Thundercleese

07-21-2012

I have no idea how people who don't own a Razer Nostromo play with a non fixed camera. Love that thumb stick...