AP Gragas, Highest Skill Cap Champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kasadin Bot

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSEVS View Post
Arguably the lowest skill cap champion in LoL, you will never see a Tryndamere in competitive ranked.
Although this may have been a year or so ago I've seen one played and dominate in an Intel Extreme Masters match.

Larvae To Leech

10-06-2012

I would argue that tryn is one of the lowest skill tier champs when facing randoms or low level players; however as soon as he is put up against an organized team the skill level needed to make him viable increases dramatically.

AeonTek

10-06-2012

I'm surprised nobody has said Orianna, very high skillcap

CuteCake

10-06-2012

gragas is stupidly easy to play, just like every hero in LoL. Thats the whole point of the game, its accessibility to everyone.

every argument you made about gragas can be put equally with any other hero. karthus misses wall? ahri misses charm? the list goes on and on.

point is gragas can sit and farm with no way to stop him, has a sustain, an escape mech, and an extremely powerful ult. sorry but anyone with a brain can pick this hero up with ease

BananaSniper

10-06-2012

Vayne is probably the hardest champion to play correctly, especially getting out of laning phase. However, Cassio is much more difficult to play correctly then gragas

Kreyni

10-06-2012

I'm gonna go ahead and put forth Lux as one of the higher skillcap champions. Her skills are all skillshots, and they have a pretty long cooldown if they don't hit. High risk, high reward.

Maulkrieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Brand is high risk, high reward.
Q: line nuke. Safest move to use, but least effective as harass.
W: delayed area skillshot. Best harass, hardest to hit.
E: Shortest range, not very effective harass, and med CD.
R: Bouncing nuke. Must wait for two people to be closer to each other than their team, as two people out of the fight is better than 5 with 500-ish HP missing.

Although Brand can be played very effectively at a decent skill-level, higher skill levels devastate teams, despite his mana problems and bursty design. While throwing everything out in a teamfight will allow your team to still win, well-timed skills, as well as a choice between locking down a single target, two with your ult and rotation, or doing as much AOE damage to the team as possible leaves a variety of choices that a lot of champions do not have, or cannot utilize effectively.

The main thing here is that Brand has his issues, CAN be very effective, but is not usually. The fact that he is not underpowered gives into the fact that he is a high skillcap champion. Higher than Lux, Gragas, Ziggs, or Xerath, as all of them have similar problems, but longer range.

xShizz

10-10-2012

This is a troll -.- your joking gragas isn't that hard to play once you get used to his skillshots. His farming and harrass is just amazing with his barrels. Clearing minion waves in 1 hit at lvl 5 or 6 makes farming exteremly easy. I got maybe 500 cs on gragas on average

Amatzikahni

10-10-2012

Regarding Anivia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinocerous View Post
there is not as devastating a consequence for screwing [up her wall]
Downvoted. Walls can turn games around, both for better and for worse. I agree that this is probably a troll.