BSOD problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raymoclaus

07-20-2012

So i have recently started getting some Bluescreen problems on my laptop related to league of legends. I realise that so many people have had BSOD problems as well and before posting this i have checked through many threads to find a solution in one of those. Many suggestions included: Uninstalling/Reinstalling, Updating display drivers and other various solutions. I have tried all these solutions and the problem still persists. My last few games have counted as "Leaves" but only a few, once i realised that this seemed to be a permanent and recurring problem i immediately stopped trying to enter games where i would ruin other people's playing experience. Since then I have been going into only solo custom games to test out whether I have fixed my problems so as not to waste other people's time.

I know that the problem can be ruled out where LOL is very likely a cause since the BSOD only occurs when it is open. The BSOD will most often occur as soon as the game starts, usually near the 10 second mark, the game will freeze for roughly 5-10 seconds, the screen will go black then the Bluescreen appears. I have also noticed that this problem only started about a day or two after I hit lv 30, I doubt that it is relevant to the problem but i've said it just in case it is.

Computer Details:
I am using a HP Pavillion dm4 Beats Audio laptop, it's fairly new so i doubt its a hardware problem. Device Manager shows that I have 2 display drivers: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and Radeon (TM) HD 7470M, both are up to date. My OS is Windows 7, I am not sure if there are any other details needed but I will provide them if they are needed. And lastly I usually see people ask for a mini-dump file so i've uploaded that with this post.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help fix this problem or at least tell me what is wrong.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

07-20-2012

Hi Ray,

Thanks for posting your dump file.

It looks like you're getting STOP Code 116, which is a video display error.

Basically this means your computer tried to reset your video card display driver after some sort of error, but was unable to complete the reset.

Some things to try here would be updating your DirectX install, reinstalling your video card and double checking to make sure that your video card hardware is still performing properly.

Raymoclaus

07-21-2012

Hi thanks for replying, i have tried some of the things you have suggested.
- i already have DirectX 11 which appears to be the latest, so thats not the problem.
- I reinstalled the video card, however when going to the manufacturers website of my Radeon (TM) HD 7470M, the manufacturer is AMD, i can download the driver downloader software that they offer which recognises what card i have and decides what's the best driver i can get. However i cannot install this driver because it says that i either have no AMD card or my AMD is not functioning properly. I am positive i have an AMD card since it shows up in device manager under Display Adapters. Which leads to the conclusion that it is not working properly.

Can you tell what is wrong with the card and how i might be able to fix this?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

07-24-2012

Couple of things,

1. Even if you have the latest DirectX installed, sometimes the issue is caused by a DirectX corruption and it's worth trying to reinstall it anyway (this is more for Google Searchers, as that doesn't appear to be your issue)

2. Try reinstalling your video card manually as opposed to using the auto-driver finder provided by AMD. Either AMD or your card manufacturer should have the latest Catalyst Control Center and appropriate drivers for your card available to download.

3. If it's still not able to find your video card or install the driver, it sounds like you may have an issue with your hardware.