Would a Mexican Server help the community?

Yes it would. 270 76.49%
No it wouldn't. 36 10.20%
It wouldn't make a difference. 34 9.63%
I don't care. 13 3.68%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

So uh... Mexican Servers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DirtynRaw

02-05-2013

Im eating a burrito right meow

Deathion

02-06-2013

Down with the mexican's!

Alickinz

02-07-2013

I was told today that i needed to learn spanish or not play this game by someone who could speak english and spanish but refussed to speak english

Zatsh

02-07-2013

people have diffrent languages you're in North America where people speak French, English and Spanish, deal with it or get out

Shifty98

02-07-2013

I'm here to offer a compromise I've put forth in another thread on the same topic.

Do any of you play TF2? In that game, there are easily accessible phrases and words, such as "thank you" "heal me" or "attack". Ask every player, on their profile, what their preferred language is. Then, have a set of predefined phrases built into the game. These could be similar to access as the in-game taunt or laugh, or could be based off any number of interfaces to access them. The message will be heard as an announcer in the language selected by each individual player. For example, an English-Speaking player presses "go here" and the English-speaking player hears "go here" and a Spanish-speaking player hears "va aqui". This should be accessible in pregame chat as well for obvious reasons.

This would mitigate a large portion of communication problems if done correctly, without riot having to spend money on acquiring and maintaining a new server. This, of course, won't solve the alleged ping problem, but I've seen entire teams work based off this simple style of communication, and I see no reason this wouldn't work in League as well.

Konakuer

02-07-2013

Look people, I live in Mexico, close to Mexico City, south of the country. My ping and my friends' is around 60-70...

I get your point about the language, I know it's annoying but you are also mean. Sometimes I play with a friend and speak to them in spanish, and the team gets mad and starts their "mexican on my team gg" ****.

Honestly, if they create a Latin American server, unless it is located in Mexico, I will keep playing on NA. The reason is simple. I live in ****ing North America! If the server is located lets say in Argentina, Chile or something, my ping will be much higher than in NA. Also, I can speak english well, and when my team asks me (politely) to stop speaking spanish, I do. Anybody who speaks english can do it if you ask them nicely.

Even for me it's annoying when I have to play with hispanics when they can't even TRY to communicate with english players, usually they just insult everyone, but you also do.

Konakuer

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5parta View Post
The problem is latin americans almost always feel "insulted" if I ask them to speak english to communicate and start trolling. They start babbling incoherent English so I think that they don't speak it, but then mid game when I make a mistake or dont do the play the want me to make (because I should understand spanish and/or read their mind), they are freaking shakespearean in their insults.
I call them mexican trolls. And read carefully here: I'm not saying every south american is a troll (plenty of good SA players), nor that the only trolls are south american (plenty of english speaking american trolls, rest assured). But on average, 8.5 games out of 10 with two or more of these "mexican trolls" is an automatic loss; meaning that no matter how hard the rest of the team does, there's always that one mexican trolls who does exactly nothing to win the game. I don't know if he's doing it on purpose or if he doesn't understand the game and teamplay. Not that i could explain it to him if he wanted to know...
I've actually recorded the results of about 40 games with "mexican trolls" last season, and it did average out to 8.5 games out of 10 where these guys are present.
What boggles my mind beyond everything, is how these guys who speak zero english manage to learn to play this game. Because if all the abilities, spells, effects, items and buffs are explained in english, shouldnt you be able to understand them properly? Wukong's E is far more than just dash on 3 enemies: it also gives him a kick ass attack speed buff. That's one example, but there are just so many little nuances on skills and items and stuff that you can't just pick up by seeing it in action.

I have no clue what the solution is to this. Not sure their own dedicated servers would really resolve much. Actual mexican will most likely ping far better to LA servers than south america, somewhere in brazil or something (in my opinion). I'd rather find a better solution to filtering out players with bad or no teamwork in general, not just mexican trolls. I have compiled a couple interresting other stats about my games, and rambo-randos are much more frequent and a detriment to this game than just focusing on south americans refusing or unable to communicate.
Oh just to tell you, there's a way to make the game be in spanish (from Spain) even when being on NA. I don't do it, but some friends do, so that's how they can play even when they know 0 english.

S0T0

Recruiter

02-15-2013

yes pls

MemoryLapse

02-15-2013

They made a Brazillian server but the BRs still troll our servers all day and all night long.

A Mexican server would't help. Unless they region lock this game and FORCE "brazillians n' pals" to play on the server closest to them they will stay on our servers.

Pyr0mrcow

02-15-2013

Not going to read through all the bickering, but this is a very valid post; not only due to the original poster's reasons, but...
Here's something to think about:
If you're part of the 90% of Spanish speaking people I've gotten on this game (which I get pretty often), you can't communicate with your team. I, like a lot of people, only know enough Spanish to tell them I can't speak it.
And I'm not racist at all; I've taken classes and regularly look up translations, but it just won't stick in my head.

TLDR: Neither Spanish or English speaking people can fully enjoy this game without a Spanish server, because any team member that can't communicate turns into a burden; one that gets yelled at and reported.