Would a Mexican Server help the community?

Yes it would. 270 76.49%
No it wouldn't. 36 10.20%
It wouldn't make a difference. 34 9.63%
I don't care. 13 3.68%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

So uh... Mexican Servers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B1aqq

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinking Animal View Post
If I wanted to go hear incoherent spanish being spoken in the North American server where English is the primary....
Funny thing about North America... Mexico makes up a decent sized chunk of it.

GenesisTrigger

Recruiter

02-01-2013

I also concur with this. Any time I play solo queue anymore, I have the issue with being the only person who can speak or understand english on my team, and I'm usually the only one with under 100 ping. This is especially problematic for anyone who plays Solo top, and you have a jungler that types it out when he's coming to gank in a foreign (to me, atleast.) language rather than just pinging when he's coming to gank.

I've played with several Canadian people, as well as had several Canadian friends. And I can say that I've not once come across a french speaking Canadian. I can confidently say that the ratio of non-english speaking Canadian's is significantly lower than the amount of Non-english speaking Mexican/Central American citizens. And thus, I believe it's more than ignorant to say attempt to make an argument over us complaining about French only speaking North Americans after something is done about the current issue this thread is about.

At the very least, I wish Riot would attempt to address this problem, as I believe it to be a huge problem with the game.

Asurael

02-02-2013

There should soon be a Latinamerican server, no need to call it Mexican because very few of the people you find speaking Spanish are likely to be Mexican compared to the whole. At the moment there is no LA server though, and us LA players are left having to choose between the EU server or NA server. Generally NA has a better ping, but some go to the EU server sometimes anyway, but the bottomline is that we don't feel we belong to either one, so will simply choose for a matter of preference.

Many of us know English and use it, but some don't and in desperation reach out in Spanish, and those other players who know Spanish are going to respond because the team might need to communicate for something.

We would love to have a LA server, but we don't, so for the time being we'll just have to coexist and play together, which personally I don't mind, but I know English =/.

Derpaherper

02-02-2013

The thing is, most of the spanish speakers players on NA server are from SOUTH america (not mexico), and most of them speak english just fine (Im from Argentina). My average ping is 170 and I never had a problem with it, I can play a good as anyone else.
I'm not saying that a server for south america would be bad, it would be great. But it costs lots of money and I doubt it will be worth it.

Oz SammyD X

02-02-2013

I think speaking another language other than English should be reportable, bannable if it continues, it's an English server so only English should be allowed, people speaking other languages just ruins any communication with your team.

They won't get there own server because Riot aren't even willing to give Australia a server(which is just bs), the only thing that can be done is to make an English only rule and if you ignore that then you will be banned.

FIN Sawyer30

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem145 View Post
that is being plain blind and pretty much racist , not a "point of view".

not every spain is a mexican. get that right.
a lot of people want to play in this server.
if you make a "Mexican" server there wont be enough players on it , since mostly of them are at lvl 30. And mostly of them are not "Mexicans"
also , there are a lot of HISPANIC people that can talk english. English is one of the most basic languages of all. it wont hurt you if you start learning a new one.
Average North americans should get that into their heads for once.

Also , a bad idea since people would ask for a Australian server , a Rusian(Russian) one , a Chinese one. so many players spreading out , there will be low numbers on each server. i saw it before in other games , it simply doesnt work.
The issue he's getting at where people either don't speak english or refuse to and only speak spanish or another language. How does that help your team play? He's not trying to be racist he's stating that if they select 'English' as their language they should be able to speak it in order to COMMUNICATE WITH THEIR TEAM, IN A TEAM GAME. I don't see how that can be racist, just because he selects spanish doesn't mean he's racist, he just said that because it's the most common language that comes up on the NA servers besides english.

FIN Sawyer30

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz SammyD X View Post
I think speaking another language other than English should be reportable, bannable if it continues, it's an English server so only English should be allowed, people speaking other languages just ruins any communication with your team.

They won't get there own server because Riot aren't even willing to give Australia a server(which is just bs), the only thing that can be done is to make an English only rule and if you ignore that then you will be banned.

Dude, this is racist. Just because they CAN speak spanish doesn't make them bannable. If they speak spanish in game it doesn't matter, the issue comes in when they REFUSE or CAN'T speak english with people who can only speak english on and english server.

That's the problem, you're just being prejudice now.

FIN Sawyer30

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem145 View Post
so you dont care about south america but you still made a post about making a server for mexicans because of lag problems and communications issues.

now i understand that you have no idea about what are you talking about.
im actually done with this conversation. cya, take care and be tolerant
Just so you know, Brasil has it's own server for themselves. So I don't know what you're on about.

Alickinz

02-05-2013

I work at night so on my days off im up at night and i live in florida and the last 5 games ive played i was the only English speaking person. this is a game breaking thing since there is no team communication.
this needs to be fixed for both English speaking americans and non English speaking americans.

i guess i play with more since im up at night when its there day.

5parta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

The problem is latin americans almost always feel "insulted" if I ask them to speak english to communicate and start trolling. They start babbling incoherent English so I think that they don't speak it, but then mid game when I make a mistake or dont do the play the want me to make (because I should understand spanish and/or read their mind), they are freaking shakespearean in their insults.
I call them mexican trolls. And read carefully here: I'm not saying every south american is a troll (plenty of good SA players), nor that the only trolls are south american (plenty of english speaking american trolls, rest assured). But on average, 8.5 games out of 10 with two or more of these "mexican trolls" is an automatic loss; meaning that no matter how hard the rest of the team does, there's always that one mexican trolls who does exactly nothing to win the game. I don't know if he's doing it on purpose or if he doesn't understand the game and teamplay. Not that i could explain it to him if he wanted to know...
I've actually recorded the results of about 40 games with "mexican trolls" last season, and it did average out to 8.5 games out of 10 where these guys are present.
What boggles my mind beyond everything, is how these guys who speak zero english manage to learn to play this game. Because if all the abilities, spells, effects, items and buffs are explained in english, shouldnt you be able to understand them properly? Wukong's E is far more than just dash on 3 enemies: it also gives him a kick ass attack speed buff. That's one example, but there are just so many little nuances on skills and items and stuff that you can't just pick up by seeing it in action.

I have no clue what the solution is to this. Not sure their own dedicated servers would really resolve much. Actual mexican will most likely ping far better to LA servers than south america, somewhere in brazil or something (in my opinion). I'd rather find a better solution to filtering out players with bad or no teamwork in general, not just mexican trolls. I have compiled a couple interresting other stats about my games, and rambo-randos are much more frequent and a detriment to this game than just focusing on south americans refusing or unable to communicate.