Would a Mexican Server help the community?

Yes it would. 270 76.49%
No it wouldn't. 36 10.20%
It wouldn't make a difference. 34 9.63%
I don't care. 13 3.68%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

So uh... Mexican Servers

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jrud

11-12-2012

If additional servers for different languages based on geographic concentration of native speakers is out of the question, can the options screen have a languages checkbox area so you can check off languages that you're confortable speaking in, and then only be matched with other players who have also checked the same box?

Teamwork is such an important part of this game, and the innability to communicate with anything but pings reduces teamwork drastically at times.

stfu455hole

11-14-2012

Yes it would hepl,

Man, u act like a racist, US people just know 1 language, english, they dont even try to learn a foreign language, any language, so who's having problems?

Its ok having another server anywhere in LA, just remember, this continent is mostly people with spanish language, i guess riot's bet is spreading the brand,

its not about where they put that that server(LA), its about getting more a more players to join the community, and yes, we know that LA is a "Third world"(not being racist for that but its true as so many other countries too) and for that reason, they lag, because they are far away NA or because they have bad connections.

Riot is considering Mexico city or Argentina to put that server on, so they are deciding which country is best for that, either by infraestructure or by convenience. last weekend some riot fellows come to WCG in Mexico city, so they we have a chance to have it here :P, mwahaha.

As you can see, Spanish people can talk English or any other language, because we need it in order to understand your language, learn from that and try to learn another language and stop complaining for stupid things or just because your are lazy or dumb, or your lack of intelligence.

Regards =D

WalktoEarth

11-14-2012

Dude, I'm from Venezuela (google it).
My native language is Spanish.
My PING average is 100 not 200++, no lag by the way. (A Mexican server won't solve this)
And, people that speak Spanish and play LoL know the basics about English and what you want to know. (Bot, top, mid, and more)

What are u saying has not coherence more that you are a hater.

Beaumains

11-16-2012

There are few people in the world who don't need to internally translate between languages. In a game like LoL where there are many things you have to keep track of, forcing an extra 'mental lag' (i.e. lag in action due to having to translate) is a hindrance to the entire team, no matter what language(s) you speak. Communication is such an important part of LoL that that issue alone warrants some means of improvement, for everyone involved; building a new server in Mexico would simply be better for players in Mexico, just because they wouldn't have to learn english (to borrow Gem145's logic).

Some have argued that players in Mexico/Central America do not have obscenely high pings, others are saying they are. I've experienced various degrees of lag, including the 100 ping range, and frankly 80+ ping is a royal pain in the butt. Even 60 ping is too much to operate with preferred efficiency. So I imagine that even that little relief would be highly welcomed by the vast majority of Central American players, even if they don't all speak Mexican spanish.

It should be noted by everyone, especially the race baiters, that the OP (and I) are not saying that Mexicans, Central Americans, Hispanics, Spanish speakers, non US citizens, etc. are inferior in any way. It's not bad that Mexicans don't speak english, just like it's not bad that Americans don't speak spanish, just like it's not bad that Mexicans don't speak german or french or italian or chinese or farsi. It's different, it's expected, and it's actually closer to being racist to force Mexicans to queue with players they can't understand, simply because they're a thousand or so miles away.

Arcticfury

11-16-2012

Wanting to understand the people you are playing with and have them understand you is not racist. It is not necessarily a language only barrier, I speak to tech people at work that speak English but are barely understood by anyone outside their department. And, every United States citizen migrated here, even the "Native Americans" migrated here hundreds of years before the Spanish, English, French, etc. So calling people racists for wanting to be able to understand one another is pretty ignorant.

I've said this in other posts, there is no reason to make a new server. The Europe server has this neat little feature that allows you to pick your language. All the NA server needs to do is add this same feature, and then in the matchmaking feature, have it try to match teammates up that speak the same language. They are now matching people with similar win counts, how hard would same language be?

I have no problem playing on the same server as people who speak Spanish, Portuguese, or French. I do however want to be able to have my teammates all read and write English, especially in ranked.

slipp1

11-16-2012

Im only lvl 20 and from Brazil. So far I would say less then 10% (if not 5%) of the games I've played in Normal had non-english speakers (speaking spanish or portuguese or w/e).

NA = Mexico, USA and Canada, so they are actually in the right place and they should stick there, even tho they might not be able to speak optimal english. Idk whats SOOOO complex and necessary that you guys need to talk in game, some quick sentences and pings are enough for most of plays.

Ping wise, Mexico is super close to USA, they probably don't have any ping issues, while ppl from South America or Australia have 150ms+. Even tho, I find it still okay to play, definitely not ideal, but very well manageable.

Brazil already has a server, but currently hosted in the USA, I believe they should just make it for the whole SA, including a spanish client version. So if a mexican can't understand any english at all, they just play on SA server and deal with the higher ping.

SUPP0RT TEEM0

11-17-2012

I was born and raised in japan, moved to america for school, and I know english quite well.

But it makes me angry when people say "You come to our country and you need to speak OUR language!"

As I remember the english came to AMERICA and slaughtered and destroyed the native american people with little choice of their own. I dont remember any of them saying "You come to our country you need to learn to speak our language or get out".

I am all for giving people options on where they can play the game they enjoy. I had to learn english and I am not in a hurry to learn the 10 or so different dialecs of spanish just to play an english game.

( May be spelling errors )

Cloudakira

11-18-2012

I'm fluent in 4 different languages Spanish not being one of them. It is near impossible when trying to communicate with someone who speaks no English. Even a ping warrants confusion.

I'm not going all racist saying "they need to lern english this is 'murrica" because that's not the issue. The issue is lack of communication in a game of teamwork and strategy. It's hard on them too because they think they're playing the game right and don't realize that everyone is raging at them and then get reported for 'refusing to communicate' when it's really just an inability to communicate. Ever go through the Tribunal and find a dozen where the person just didn't speak any English and got reported for feeding or refusing to communicate? A tad unfair for them too. Everyone's getting hurt by this.

If they can't make a server, at least make English/Spanish only queues. This is cost effective and would serve for better matchmaking.

Pulsefire EzreaI

11-18-2012

They have a Brazilian server. But that doesn't even keep them there. I'm fluent in Spanish, and most of the people that I play with that type in Spanish are pretty toxic. I can handle Spanish speaking players, if they aren't toxic.

gabÝrn

11-18-2012

Mexicans in every lobby with their "taco, taco, burrito, burrito" go onto Brazilian if you have to. Why cant riot make mexicans their own servers.

12345678 ... 11