Not getting the point...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

diskdinomite

07-19-2012

No champion is "bad", it depends on how you wish to play; if you are someone who wants to just run in there, you want a tank, if you want someone who sits in the bad and attacks, you either want an apc or adc, if you want someone who just helps out, go for a support build. If you want some help, you can message me on league of legends (diskdinomite), and I can help, just send me a request, and when I accept, tell me that you are from this forum, I am glad to help out ad newbies

Coryn

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelron Vladseal View Post
Check my stats if you don't want to believe me as Yi. I have been purchasing whats needed with him to do well supposedly compared to guides I have read, yet when I go up against anyone 1v1 late game I get slaughtered within 5 hits. That does not seem balanced at all to me, nor should it to anyone playing him. I guess I am more complaining about Master Yi than other champions but he is just way to week compared to others when the game lasts to level 18 for all champs. A lot of times I wait like your supposed to do for teammates to come in and weaken the enemy. After this I jump in and still get slaughtered 1v1 within a few seconds and have to either retreat or die. This seems unbalanced as a 450ip Champ compared to the ones slaughtering me easily. Early to mid game I do fine and kill quite a few however endgame he just blows compared to the higher IP champions lacking in such a category. I should be able to withstand more than 5 hits using Alpha only to see my HP going down 1/5th every hit. Maybe it is just Yi that is unbalanced, but it seems to me not so as I have played other chamions as well up to this point and had various issues compared.
Attack speed and Lifesteal's where it's at.

SaraphAngel

07-19-2012

it doesnt matter upon the champion its the player. focus on one champ or playing style and master it. If you understand how to use ur champ than u can win easily. Ive played with Anivia and i cream a lot of 6300 ip champs. However i see myself dying to yi's ultimate and to teemo's poison darts all the time.

TwistWrist

07-19-2012

Quote:
Check my stats if you don't want to believe me as Yi. I have been purchasing whats needed with him to do well supposedly compared to guides I have read, yet when I go up against anyone 1v1 late game I get slaughtered within 5 hits. That does not seem balanced at all to me, nor should it to anyone playing him. I guess I am more complaining about Master Yi than other champions but he is just way to week compared to others when the game lasts to level 18 for all champs. A lot of times I wait like your supposed to do for teammates to come in and weaken the enemy. After this I jump in and still get slaughtered 1v1 within a few seconds and have to either retreat or die. This seems unbalanced as a 450ip Champ compared to the ones slaughtering me easily. Early to mid game I do fine and kill quite a few however endgame he just blows compared to the higher IP champions lacking in such a category. I should be able to withstand more than 5 hits using Alpha only to see my HP going down 1/5th every hit. Maybe it is just Yi that is unbalanced, but it seems to me not so as I have played other chamions as well up to this point and had various issues compared.
That's what happens when you build glass-cannon Yi.

Sometimes you go 25/5. Sometimes you go 1/8. His playstyle is volatile because if they focus you, you pop immediately. But if they don't focus right, then you kill their whole team.

Has nothing to do with his price. If you don't want that to happen, then you can't build glass-cannon Yi.

HonorableGeneral

07-19-2012

Quote:
Master Yi's job is to destroy the opposition early-game. Late-game, his focus is pushing.

Late-game Yi simply isn't designed to tank a lot of damage. He's squishy, like a lot of other carries (Ashe, Vayne, Varus, etc) and because of this he can't be in the thick of the fight. Since he's melee, this means that you shouldn't really be engaging the entire enemy team at once late-game. Even 1v1ing, you should make sure you understand what you're getting into (check if the enemy you're fighting has any disabling mechanisms, heals, or is stacking armor to counter your damage).

Mainly, Yi is seen as a split-pusher, much like Teemo. Whenever I play Teemo, I don't go for late-game kills. Most if not all the kills I get are early-game. However, late-game my on-hit tanky build allows me to split-push enemy towers (push a lane to its inhibitor while my team is fighting) with little fear of retaliation. The enemy is either forced to engage me, and so I run out, or they let me take down their towers. Yi has a similar strategy. You should be building some movement speed items on him, like Ghostblade or Phantom Dancers, so you can easily get around the map and push where needed.

Remember the goal of the game is to destroy the enemy nexus. Any strategy is viable for doing so. You'll see at top-tier that players often have a very low kill-count (some games don't even hit double-digits) because they focus more on farming, taking objectives, and destroying turrets and inhibitors. Kills are merely a means to an end, and farming can easily make up the gold you lose to a few early deaths.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Quote:
not even sure why I made this thread here because of the fanboys. Just want the game improved as I like the idea and wish it was subscription based).

And we're trying to tell you that the game is perfectly fine in that regard. I don't buy champs with RP, and I can assure you price has nothing to do with power. the 450 ones are just as good as the 6300 ones.

However champs work differently and sometimes you will get countered, it's like rock-paper-scissors. Knowing your champion and how to build him and adapt to the situation is key.

Players at level 13 don't know how to do that. So I'm not calling you noob or anything, we've all been level 13, but I'm simply pointing out that you don't know the game yet, don't know how to counter build or where are the power peaks and weaknesses of your champ (relevant to your current item build).

So don't judge hastily. Yi is perfectly viable at higher level of play. If you start with phantom dancer you'll die with just about any champion, Yi not being an exception.

Targoun2

07-19-2012

Well apparently you wanted to rant, as you don't seem to be listening to what anyone is saying. Your new at this game, you and your guild and yet you have just decided to give up, either because your not very good at this game, or you don't understand it. Master Yi may look like a tank, but he isn't. He is a "carry", and I'm betting you don't even know what that is.

So I would suggest you get to know the game a little better before you ditch on it, and I have to admit, it's a bit insulting to insinuate that anyone that doesn't agree with you is a fan boy. So give up if that's your attitude, or try to understand the game, which I'm hoping is the reason you posted at all.

HonorableGeneral

07-19-2012

Quote:
As I stated in a earlier post though this is already pointless. I see what is going on as well as my guild did going in and they are gone. Also various posts on the forums I frequent show this attitude from the developers, so I suppose no point in arguing(not even sure why I made this thread here because of the fanboys. Just want the game improved as I like the idea and wish it was subscription based).
This game's developers, while they may do very amateurish things (not test patches well enough, forcing them to take down servers for a week; some of the staff can be a bit rude because they're so casual), are very in-touch with the community and look to both us and the high-level players for feedback on champions.

If you and your clan find the game to be imbalanced, but the rest of us are perfectly fine, there might be an issue with how you and your friends are playing the game. While some champions are stronger than others, I can assure you that as of the stealth remake, there is no longer a single champion in the League that is unviable or purely for troll purposes.

Subscription-based games, by the way, I consider to be the bane of gaming. My time is limited, so if I have to pay for a subscription it forces me to plan my daily schedule around maximizing game time, which is not fun for me nor my friends and family. If Riot were to charge a one-time fee for the game, that would be fine, but don't go talking about the idea of subscriptions making the game better. Subscriptions only work because there are those who either have the luxury of money or time to play games all day.

I don't. I fit maybe 3 games in a day, and that's assuming I'm having a good one.

TornSpirit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Master yi suffers the same problem as Tryndamere, a 1350 ip champion, and Fiora, a 6300 Ip champion. If you build them glass cannon, they'll either rape the entire enemy team, or they'll get focused down into dust in seconds. Don't expect to last two seconds with a glass cannon melee carry if you're simply running up to the enemy because it's not going to happen.

Just a couple of months ago, Ryze was considered the best mages in the game, being extremely tanky while dishing out ridiculous damage and never running out of mana. Nunu and Soraka,extremely potent supports, Ashe and Sivir extremely good ad carries, Annie is a good situational pick, Poppy is one of the strongest situational picks in the game, Kayle is seeing a lot of top lane play. All of these are 450 ip.

OriginalJack

07-20-2012

Here's an all 450ip team:

Top - Kayle or Poppy
Mid - Ryze or Annie
Jungle - Yi or Nunu
Support - Soraka or Alistar (he's actually free)
AD carry - Ashe or Sivir

All those champs are totally legit and could easily compete with an all 6300 IP team. The price tag on a champ doesn't really matter.