Jungle Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nunumann

07-19-2012

I'm not very new to League but i'm new to jungling, so i was wondering if anyone has any tips on when to gank or what runes i should use. Thanks!

TeknoWizard

07-19-2012

On nearly every jungler I use:
-AS Reds (AD, or Armor pen work too)
-Armor Yellows
-MR per level Blues
-Move Speed Quints (Many work here. Life Steal, AD, etc.)

For ganking, just look for lanes that are past the middle of the river, and make sure your laner has at least 1/2 health.

CounterSnipe

07-19-2012

Add me IG and we can do stuff.

chroniccommand

07-19-2012

I jungle all the time with Xin and Lee sin, and I'd say I've got quite a bit of experience. Basically you need to find out which junglers you're most effective with. For me It's Nocturne, Lee and Xin. They're my favorite. A lot of people like Warwick for his ult and sustain though, and I do enjoy playing him although his ganks pre-6 kind of suck. Shaco was one of my first junglers and he has great ganks due to his deceive, so you may want to check him out, although he can be countered by vision wards pretty easily.

So first, determine what starting items you want. I'll usually go cloth armor + 5 health pots on Lee and Noc, and a sword plus health pot on Xin. If your champion uses mana, you should start with blue buff. If top lane needs a gank, I'll usually go and gank for them as they harass and get the enemy low a bit. If top doesn't need a gank, I'll usually go to wolves after, then wraiths, then golems and then red if I'm confident I can. Basically try and gank a bunch and have map awareness, make sure you don't spend all your time in the jungle, but make sure you don't lose out on farm, and you'll be underfarmed and underleveled.

Best of luck to you, add me if you want any pointers, I'd be glad to help in a custom game.

shalexade

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
On nearly every jungler I use:
-AS Reds (AD, or Armor pen work too)
-Armor Yellows
-MR per level Blues
-Move Speed Quints (Many work here. Life Steal, AD, etc.)

For ganking, just look for lanes that are past the middle of the river, and make sure your laner has at least 1/2 health.
Yep- those 4 rune groups are a good enough base for any Jungler.

As for your route-

Wolves
Blue (lvl 2) -> Gank maybe
Wraiths
Golums (lvl 3) -> Gank maybe
Red -> Gank maybe
Wraiths (lvl 4) -> Gank maybe

and if you haven't ganked

Wolves -> Back to buy

TwistWrist

07-19-2012

If you start wolves, it generally better to do wolves again after wraiths.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

^What he said. Doubles are for when you have run out of every other camp to clear, and in some games I never even see that camp because I'm too busy with everything else.

KevinDelMarr

07-20-2012

If you just start out on a Jungler, start Cloth armor and 5 Hpots, as this gives you the safest jungle clear. With most junglers, as soon as you get comfortable with them you can start Boots 3Hpots.

Jungling takes practice, at first eveyone's like "Okay, now when do I gank? Should I always just farm and gank when lanes are really pushed?". But as soon as you get a few games in you'll form a pattern on your jungling and be able to answer these questions on your own. If you have a few seconds to spare while walking to a destination, click on the map where your teammates are and see if they're weak, or their lane is pushed. Warn your ally you want to gank, and try to set something up. Most enemies will run back to safety if they can't get a kill on one of you.