Xin build discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asyrite

07-19-2012

build nothing, not even boots.
Play this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLJJc8siyU
proceed to roll over enemy team

Osaaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjapureman View Post
I personally do not recommend building full Dmg like this. You can do a lot but you just end up dieing quickly. I usually go tabi, wriggles, trinity. Then other luxury items like a Pd or BT.
Trinity i found was useless on xin not enough sheen prock

Augustine

07-19-2012

I'd go with a build that helps with survivability, sticking to targets, damage, and attack speed which help him quite a bit.

-Merc/Tabi
-Omen
-FM
-Wit's or Maw
-BT
-GA or situational item.

(Brutalizer in lane for insane armor pen, LW instead of one item if crazy fed)
In Lane:
Start boots 3 as usual, try to save enough for double dorans and maybe a red crystal for HoG for first back. Afterwards rush brutalizer and help with ganking other lanes all while farming yours (standard top procedure). As the game progresses I suggest the build order go to what you need. If MR is needed try getting that Wit's or Hexdrinker, Wriggles works well in lane for armor and lifesteal, if more health or sticking power is needed FM, if you need lane sustain so you don't back constantly or die slowly a vamp scepter or even wriggles works (see above). Never build in a strict order, always build with fluidity to ensure constant lane power.

The idea is to rush in to their AD after someone or you initiate, ult and Omen as his team comes back so the AD can't hurt you and their team comes slower, then stick on him with your FM proc's and continue to just kill him as quickly as possible. If you die you have your GA (don't intentionally die though, only die if you forsee their AD carry dying for sure) and killing the AD Carry while reviving with GA is TOTALLY worth it. Afterwards help out by peeling and assassinating.

Xin is an amazing peeler with good damage, very good survivability, good CC, and he's a man.

Enjoy

Arctic Bro

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotedash View Post
is the glass half empty or half full?
Alright,
The glass is filled, empty half its is now half empty
The glass is half full only if it's poured in halfway.

CannibalMoose

07-19-2012

So, would Trinity be considered viable or not?

Boomstick II

07-19-2012

HP is more important on him than resistances are. His ult gives him a good amount of resistances, so it's better to stack HP over resists.

CDR seems to be pretty important as well.

I'd like to see how a build like this works out on him:
- Mercs
- Spirit Visage
- Trinity
- Randuin's
- Youmuus
- Situational (lifesteal or attack speed, probably, but defense (preferably hp) can work too)

CannibalMoose

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstick II View Post
HP is more important on him than resistances are. His ult gives him a good amount of resistances, so it's better to stack HP over resists.
Good point, but what item should he use for attack speed if he shouldn't use Wit's End since it's a MR item?

Boomstick II

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalMoose View Post
Good point, but what item should he use for attack speed if he shouldn't use Wit's End since it's a MR item?
I'm not sure... I mean, I doubt there's a perfect build for him that will be better than any other combination of items, if you know what I mean.

Possibly a slight change to what I said before?

- Wit's End
- Mercs
- Randuins
- Trinity Force/Frozen Mallet
- Zeke's Herald
- Youmuu's (or some other item, he has a lot of AS with this build already although losing the 15% CDR would be a bummer)

EDIT: Also, I usually don't look for "perfect end game builds" but when I play Xin, I never feel like I can do much unless I'm crazy fed so I was interested in this, lol.