Any pro with Annie?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kira Dies

07-19-2012

Can't find any general tips, I'm not terrible with her just new.
Is there anyway to play her in a doub lane rather than soloing?
Also what situational items are best?
I know to always keep my stun up (using r or w)
Generally blink in if I can snag a triple stun and am in a good position to do so.

So just any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

^^

FlowyS

07-19-2012

Here are some tips

- You can last hit easier by using auto attack + Q
- Annie specalize in virtually instant burst, so always use hit and run tactics with Annie if you want to avoid being attacked. A quick Stun Q + W combo is very effective at close range and make it almost impossible for the enemy to counter attack because they are stunned.
- It is best to start team fights with Stun R, but Stun W works if R is on cooldown too. Remember that W can also stun multiple enemies, not just R.
- Tibbers can be microed by pressing R or Alt
- Always move around like a six girl old little girl on the meadows, keep moving and only stop to burst down your enemy. This makes it a lot harder for enemies to land skill shots on you if you move unpredictably. Don't stay in one place too much.
- Sometimes you might want to save Flash rather than use in the beginning of a team fight in order save it for escaping, a regular Stun R or Stun W is still effective if it hits a lot of enemies.
- E is effective against auto attackers because it returns damage and gives you armor/magic resist, build some Hp like Rod of Ages or Ryalis to take advantage of it.
- Also, you don't always have to keep stun up if it is making your from using your spell to farm. Keep a good balance between farm and keeping your stun up.
- If your spells are on cool down, please play defensively. Annie's damage is very low if her spells are on cool down.
- Burst combo is Stun R - Q - W then E if you are attacked.

You could play her in a duo lane, but her short range and squishness is a big weakness. On the plus side, Annie burst more damage than other short range stunners like Taric or Sion, but she is very squishy early on the game. Basically play her on a bot lane if you perfer more damage and dont' might being squishy. Though Annie's big weakness is her short range, she is weak to long range attackers.

My Recommended Build
Doran's Ring
Sorcerer's Boots
Rod of Ages
Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff

Situational Items
Mercury Treads or Moonflare Spellblade - Against the "I am evil, stop laughing" little purple wizard dude.
Zhonya's Ring - Against AD
Banshee's Veil - Against lots of CC
Abyssal Scepter - Against AP
Archangel Staff - If you want to spam your spells
Morello's Evil Tome - Mainly a support item, tons of CDR.
Ryali's Crystal Scepter - If you want your Q to slow 35% move speed and a bit of Health, expensive though. Can combo like Q (slow) -> W/R(stun) for 2 sec slow + 1.5 sec stun rather than just 1.5 sec stun.

Something Snazzy

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowyS View Post
My Recommended Build
Doran's Ring
Sorcerer's Boots
Rod of Ages
Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff
I second this build except for the dorans. I usually run armor seals, mr glyphs, ap quints and mr pen marks. With just one point into her E (which you should get early to build up her stun quicker), she only needs HP to be not squishy and you don't need to sacrifice any AP this way. RoA, Cap, Voidstaff is definitely one of the better Annie builds.

I prefer starting boots, 2 hp pots and an mana pot though. There are just too many good reasons to start boots. Quite a few champs out range Annie and almost all will trade with you, making the pots a necessity. There is just no way you burst someone down until level 6. And against her main counters, you'll definitely want boots. Plus, boots are really helpful against all the skill shot champions, which there are quite a few of mid. Oh, and they'll save you from an early gank.

*Edit* Also, I never find the +5 mana regen from Dorans necessary. Her Q keeps her in lane quite nicely and I usually have a blasting rod and sapphire crystal by the time I start harassing a lot. I typically run 21/9/0 as well.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

from what I've seen AP mids build either doran's rings or rod of ages, not both.