[Guide] Twisted Fate destroying towers: A physical build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xirus

12-12-2009

Thanks for the praise, guys, I think it's a really fun build too xD

@norefunds: I've been toying with the idea of trying out AP a few more times, once I found out you can blue card can damage towers, but the problem is you generally only get a short time where you can beat on a tower, so you want to down it as quickly as possible. That said, I'll probably try it out some time when I'm experimenting with runes.

norefunds

12-13-2009

I'd also like to add one other idea from personal TF experience. When playing as a tower pusher I like to take ghost and cleanse. With the new cleanse buff you have spell immunity as well. If gate is up and one or two heroes come to push you back from the tower and you are more or less unawares, you can pop cleanse and stand still and gate. Often very difficult for the enemies to take you down in three seconds without burst spells unless Yi is there.

Xirus

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by norefunds View Post
With the new cleanse buff you have spell immunity as well.
Oooo, you can cast cleanse whilst gating? I had forgotten about that. Yeah, that's definitely a good idea, then. I don't feel the need for ghost, though, except early game. Late game I find I have all the mobility I need and prefer rally/promote.

But yes... That cleanse tip is pretty major, I've been so annoyed by that darn running in and hitting me with a stun just before I gate out.

norefunds

12-13-2009

Xirus, I played about 10-12 games with your build today and lost two, maybe three. It's much more fun for me than AP style.

A note on ghost, though. If you're solo-queuing, I think that ghost can be a good idea. The only games I lost today were when my team was absolutely uncoordinated: people going off on their own, weak carries thinking they could take on three champions, nobody looking out for stealthers, etc. In these situations, it's harder to just "know" where all of the enemy team is. I agree that with good map awareness often you can do pretty well, but with chaos group tactics, oftentimes you can be caught unawares after not even sitting in one place for the 30 seconds between gates. In these kinds of games (that happen maybe 30% of the time in solo-queues), ghost is great as an escape mechanism, or to just get some distance up before you gate out. 14 seconds of 34% increased move speed on a very, very short cooldown - especially when compared to rally - has its merits.

But all-in-all, I'm really enjoying the build that's been developed by you and the guide responders. Cheers, and here's hoping that TF doesn't get nerfed any time soon...

Xirus

12-16-2009

Yeah, I've taken to avoiding the build in pugs where possible, as you get too many of those chaotic groups.

Maybe I should try the ghost/cleanse build in pugs!

Also allows you to play a bit more dangerously, knowing you can get away even if you're caught.

zanitonium

01-06-2010

Physical build:

runes: Crit chance

Skill tree 21/0/9

I take + to exhaust and added experience gain.

Summoner spells: Exhust, Flash.

Take mid, Skill build order:

Pick a card
Wildcards
Gate
Wildcards
Wildcards
Destiny
Max Gate
Max wildcards
Finish up with PaC.

reason: You wont have have ridiculous amounts of mana, PaC costs 40 mana at level one, having that gold card for so cheap will save your ass more than you can count. Wild cards will help you farm and early harassing.

Item Build

1) Mana stone + 1 health pot. (you shouldn't need more than 1 before level 3 and then returning the fountain is never an issue.
2)Mana stone -> Sheen
3)Zeal
4)Ninja Tabi- Minor survivablity, will help you during mid game and will become obsolete late game as I don't stack anymore armor past this.
4)Last Whisper (odd to this first?) - now you can Gold card, which with added sheen bonus, auto attack, wild card, then auto attack with added sheen bonus again, you'll shred half the health off of people and if they still get ballsy HEY! gold card is up again.
5)Bf Sword
6)Bf Sword
7)Bf Sword- Infinity Edge
8)Bf Sword- Blood thirster
9)Zeal/Sheen- Triforce
10)Bf sword -> Blackcleaver, IE, Blood thirster... game will be over by now for certain.

this build wrecks from level 6 on, especially if you take mid and are a good farmer. Enjoy.

The Farkinator

01-06-2010

I prefer AP CM, since he can both push turrets and gank with ease. I play with a Janna who really knows what he's doing and we can coordinate the howling gale with my destiny-gate-gold card-wildcards for some severe WOMBO COMBO. DPS TF does not have enough burst damage to do this, and his efficiency at ganking is ruined, not to mention the fact that without decent AP he cannot WC a whole creep wave and push a turret before anyone notices he's there. Also, what's up with the FLASH amongst Twisted Fates these days? I don't see much use in it. It's no good for escaping any more with the redux on cast range, so it's really only useful for popping out of the woods, which you can do perfectly fine out of your fountain with destiny-gate

Xirus

01-06-2010

I agree, flash is a bit wonky to use these days. But as the original post says, this guide is a bit out of date >.>

GamBino826

01-07-2010

Meh, so what's really the best summoner spells for TF to have?

I've been playing around with TP and CV, but I'm not too sure on TP. It's pretty handy to have Gate and TP around, that's really why I keep TP. I've been thinking about switching that either with Ghost/Exhaust so I can chase down the champ who has like 10 HP left.

Any suggestions?