[Guide] Twisted Fate destroying towers: A physical build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radec

11-28-2009

Tried this just now.

It feels damn weird not using wild card much and seeing it do so little damage but after a while you build momentum and become a force to be reckoned with. You chase well, support team with destiny and gold card. Wild Card doesn't really even seem worth it. Helps early but becomes trash late.

IMO the core items are Razor, Last Whisper and Tiamat. After that it depends on who you're going against.

I love this build, though. This way feels like you have to play him to the fullest potential instead of just spamming cards.

Xirus

11-28-2009

haha, Radec, I'm glad you like it

I wouldn't say wild cards is completely useless. I find wild cards + tiamat = very fast clearing of mobs. But yeah, it's not that important to have it leveled other than in the beginning where it's base damage is useful to harass.

I completely agree, those (+ boots) are the core items. Are you having thoughts on runes yet? I'm still experimenting

Radec

11-29-2009

Xirus

I have not yet had the chance to try any good rune builds with this champ yet. I was still using my support hero rune page since I don't have enough to buy a full page for TF yet. But I'm thinking full armor penetration and critical strike bonus will be the best bet for this build. But I can't say for sure until I try it.

I'm liking this build a whole lot, though. It's much harder to play than the standard AP build but it's a lot of fun and you have a much stronger role in late game. With this physical build it is very important to have a strong early game. You can easily snag some kills with gold card stuns, wild card and a good lane mate. I'm liking ignite and ghost for summoner skills. Flash cooldown is much too long and ghost is very flexible.

Sorry I'm rambling now. I just want to say this is a good guide and I've been successful with this build.

Xirus

11-29-2009

Are you using this build in pugs? Quite curious as to people's experiences with trying to pug this build, as I often have people yelling at me for being a "hero" for pushing a lane whilst they're defending a tower.

Yeah, I'm also wondering if mana regen is a good idea, helping get the early game ganks, as I don't want to port out too often and lose experience.

Radec

11-29-2009

Yea i was using the build in pugs. If anything I got comments on not going AP but they promptly shut the hell up after I went godlike very early. 13-1-17 last game.

If anything people ASK me to push most of the time since I can gate around the map easily unlike most heroes who have to carry teleport (wasted summoner skill slot) in order to help the way TF does.
Also, with this build he farms cash incredibly easily which is great because TF is very very item dependent.

Xirus

11-30-2009

haha, wow, you must be a lot better than me. Out of curiousity, what items do you favour after you have the core ones?

csirus

12-08-2009

I just wanted to let you know that I just tried this build, and I've never had so much fun playing this game. It's an incredible build, Cheers to you sir, job well done.

ThePlumber

12-09-2009

I prefer a physical TF to an AP TF as well. Even lately trying out AP again, its just burst... and then what? With a physical build you can also decide what will help later. Do you need a bloodrazer for the tanks? Do you need a last whisper? Do you need a frozen mallet? You can decide, instead of just "Hey I need more AP"

Also, I find myself teleporting from top to bottom pushing a little here, a little there, while the whole "midfight" thing goes on.

norefunds

12-12-2009

Just a question on what you guys think. I've played a few games using one of the new TF guides and I find it pretty effective: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=33816. I know that your guide is focused on tower pushing and a physical focus might be intuitive, but what about using the AP stack and magic penetration items mentioned in the other guide? If you spam blue cards lateish game you'll be doing anywhere betweent 300 and 550 magic damage with each card depending on your k:d with soulstealer. If you went this road it seems like you would be a little slower knocking towers over, but you'd also be more balanced in that you could contribute a lot of carry utility to your team in group fights.

Thoughts?

Zardoc

12-12-2009

Really like your guide, helped me alot playing TF!