Is it normal to lose so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrFromGallifrey

01-05-2010

At the moment, I've got 10 wins and 20 losses (no leaves). Is that normal?

At first I didn't do badly at all - my opponents were of similar skill, and no one was overpowered - but now it seems like every game matches me up against someone who's easily over lv. 20 and has legendary level champions while I'm stuck using free ones. Granted, I wasted my influence points on Tristana (took a suggestion from someone...), but it shouldn't be that bad.

I thought it was just me for a while, but all of my friends are doing equally badly. Another friend and I are in a 10-loss streak right now, and there's no relief in sight. I did see someone in chat who had 136 wins and 137 losses, and he seemed pretty good, but my ability/skill level in the game isn't progressing at all.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Phoxly

01-05-2010

Wait til they fix matchmaking and pair you up with people who are your skill level? I am at around 18 wins, 30 losses.

DrFromGallifrey

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxly View Post
Wait til they fix matchmaking and pair you up with people who are your skill level? I am at around 18 wins, 30 losses.
Based on all the threads I've posted and read, they regard this complaint as a form of trolling. Any changes they do admit to be working on are called "minor tweaks". I don't want to sound belligerent, but why aren't they working on the biggest part of the game more fervently?

leonhart83

01-05-2010

I was sitting on a 27-47 ratio at the start but since playing more and more I am slowly getting it back to the 50-50 ratio. A lot of the games that I have lost though are due to LEAVERS & AFK's. I mainly solo though so it is also a gamble on the quality of team mates you are going to get. I have read pretty much the only way to really excel in getting your ratio over 50-50 is to be in a premade. Although there are things in place I believe to put more experience people against the premade I don't think you can trade experience for good team work imho. Over new years I went roughly 3 wins to 1 loss just by having a friend sitting next to me and laning with them.

DrFromGallifrey

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonhart83 View Post
I was sitting on a 27-47 ratio at the start but since playing more and more I am slowly getting it back to the 50-50 ratio. A lot of the games that I have lost though are due to LEAVERS & AFK's. I mainly solo though so it is also a gamble on the quality of team mates you are going to get. I have read pretty much the only way to really excel in getting your ratio over 50-50 is to be in a premade. Although there are things in place I believe to put more experience people against the premade I don't think you can trade experience for good team work imho. Over new years I went roughly 3 wins to 1 loss just by having a friend sitting next to me and laning with them.
I can't really get a pre-made team together. I was just hoping that matchmaking would soften the blow of not knowing anyone on your team in PUG's, but I'm getting paired against people who bought twitch, heimerdinger, and gangplank with influence points and are well over lv. 20.

I wouldn't mind losing so much if I could do it while playing a champion I like, but alas, this week's free lineup is, for a lack of a better, sucky.

hightech

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

If you are a loser, losing is normal.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

is this your first time playing this type of game?
you said you are 10 and 20, if you are new to these types of games, you have a long painful road ahead of you. You will take another 50-60 games to find a character you want to work on that you really enjoy, and another 40 or so games getting good with him/her. Then is when you can really see what your wins/loses are going to be like. Right now you are in noobie land, and some beefy bully noobs are there to knock you around and take your lunch money. You got about 150 days left in school so man up! (150 days = games)

B0otyman

01-05-2010

Yeah... I started off playing some games with my brother, and by level 10 or a bit after we were with people who were high 20s to 30, using champions I'd never seen before. Thankfully, he could give me the basics, but it's really hard to play against some champs if you haven't used them yourself and know how they work.

Still, sometimes, playing against better people helps you improve, but you need to have the basics first, and with runes and masteries you're at a pretty big disadvantage right out of the gate. It might be worth the time to try practice games, I dunno. I'm mostly just slogging through it figuring things out as I go.

Al da Bok

01-06-2010

If you are going premade, then your chances of being paired with a much better team is even higher.

I understood that after reading how the MM system works. Was always wondering, at 10- levels, why I was against lvl 30s.

My advice ? Get a few more practice games, find a champ you like, learn how to play him good (= read the guides and related posts, and think about it in terms of your playstyle and how you could improve it). Then go back to Normal Games, and you should at least have much more fun, and then get to 50/50 after a couple dozen games.

Good luck

Basilisk9466

01-06-2010

Feel for the lvl 30s getting stuck with lvl 10s, being expected to carry them all against a team of 20s.

But I wouldn't worry too much. I was in the negatives for a long time, and only managed to break even at around the 100 game mark. I'm currently 96/89.

But being in a team does help a lot. My win/loss is about 50-50 on solo queue, and rises to three wins to the loss in a good premade. Of course, finding a premade can be tricky, but just keep playing, do the best you can, and you might run across someone who likes your style (or vice-versa) who you might be able to tagteam with.