Best way to practice skillshots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Z0nne

07-19-2012

Hello, im sort of new. I main Shyvana and use her 98% of the time except to try some free champions. I write this cos im having trouble with her E, well not trouble, i can land it 90% of the time at point blank but i want to be able to hit moving targets with it.

I find her skill shot box to be extremely narrow, is really hard to hit someone if your aiming at them horizontally, my question is; Whats the best champion or strategy to practice skill shots so you never miss?

Thanks

Khizan

07-19-2012

Whichever one you want to play.

Different skillshots have different mechanics, travel speeds, etc.. Landing a Gragas barrel is not like landing a Lux snare is not like landing an Ezrael Q is not like landing an Olaf axe.

If you want to get better at Shyvana's fireball, throw a lot of fireballs. That's really all there is to it.

That aside, I recommend trying smartcasting. The added responsiveness makes it a lot easier for me to land skillshots, I am finding.

Duhizy

07-19-2012

its one of those things that comes with experience like last hitting but tbh after playing ezreal constantly after his new skin and the new aram map i find that my ability to land and dodge them have gone up.

THEBIGVEE

04-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0nne View Post
Hello, im sort of new. I main Shyvana and use her 98% of the time except to try some free champions. I write this cos im having trouble with her E, well not trouble, i can land it 90% of the time at point blank but i want to be able to hit moving targets with it.

I find her skill shot box to be extremely narrow, is really hard to hit someone if your aiming at them horizontally, my question is; Whats the best champion or strategy to practice skill shots so you never miss?

Thanks
Well, when you are chasing someone and you want to land the E, try aligning yourself if possible so that you are directly behind them so when you fire your E you don't need to aim it, just fire it straight. Now, if your enemy is running horizontal to you, what you have to do is lead your E into them so they walk into it. Basically you have to aim your E in front of your target so it collides with them. Now because all skillshots are different, there really is no good champion to practice skillshots with, if you want to land your Shyvana E, then you have to practice with Shyvana. It takes a decent amount of practice because you need to know the range and speed but also the E skillshot is pretty narrow so you have to be spot on with it.

So all in all, keep playing Shyvana. Don't be afraid that you'll miss, just keep shooting them.
Good Luck