Need some help with the new Eve

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

07-20-2012

It's not a matter of "needing" to gank early... It's a matter of being able to. Getting Wriggles on Eve is almost necessary to clear the early jungle faster. Before you get some items, you're extremely squishy, and without lifesteal you really have no HP sustain without pots. Ganking early and often allows you to pick up the assists/kills which will allow you to get Boots and Wriggles quickly which will make your jungling and your ganking much more effective.

Also, Eve is an assassin.. She excels at applying pressure to lanes. If you can help your teammates win their lanes by applying that pressure, why wouldn't you?

If all lanes are ungankable, consider counter-jungling or doing some recon on the enemy jungler and setting up a counter-gank.

acosn

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyCMA1800 View Post
I think the above could definitely have success, but she's so good at clearing the jungle right now I don't think she NEEDS to prioritize fast ganking. If you're playing ranked I would say just check out the lanes and see which are gankable to determine masteries and route and what not.
Picking Evelynn to farm jungle is like picking Leona to be a passive support on bottom lane.

You can do it, and it might work, but it runs counter to how she's designed.

A Litle P Kid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

Have tried using 9/21/0 and using 3pot+boots like Phreak suggested in the new Eve Champion Spotlight. Asked help to leash blue have to use 2 pot here, then go wolves and need to use 1 pot too, then died at wrights. Using AS red, flat armor yellow, resist per lvl blue, and ms quins.

Malcoire

07-21-2012

I don't know how Phreak did it, I just can't stay alive unless I start with cloth armor + 5. I will test Lifesteal Quints on her to see how that works. Otherwise, good advice was given in this thread!

acosn

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alishiabowen View Post
Have tried using 9/21/0 and using 3pot+boots like Phreak suggested in the new Eve Champion Spotlight. Asked help to leash blue have to use 2 pot here, then go wolves and need to use 1 pot too, then died at wrights. Using AS red, flat armor yellow, resist per lvl blue, and ms quins.
Use flat AD reds, and do a roughly-even split between offense and defense masteries.

Start at either wolves or wraiths (depending on what buff you want first. I go for red) and get help on those, and then get a large pull on the rune mob.

The perk to cloth + 5 is that you don't need much help in jungle.

The perk to boots + 3 is that you can gank early, but you need help on the pulls.

LoBones

08-23-2012

You NEED a good leash at blue if you are going boots first. I don't mean a quick hit and run away from your mid - mid pulls and bot AD & support help you dps it into smite range, or even just dps it down so you can save smite.
If your team helps you enough to save smite, you can immediately go steal an enemy buff and then gank that lane.
Just like a lot of junglers, eve NEEDS help from her team so she can start her jungle with level 2 and plenty of health. It makes your jungle so much faster and safer, and lets you apply pressure. It can be the difference between level 3 and nearly full health with double buffs ganking a lane or recalling at level 3 with 1 buff because you are too low health.

Nightdancer ND

08-24-2012

Masteries 14/16/0
Seals: 9x Armor
Glyphs: 3x MR flat, 6x MR per level
Marks: AD
Quints: Movement Speed
Summoner: Exhaust/Smite (Flash is more on the save side, but Exhaust is very good for the early kills)
Starter Items: Boots+ Pots or Cloth Armor + Pots (with 16 Points in def you usually won't need the Cloth Armor)

Make sure to start at the wolves and to get help from bot/mid (you pull, they auto attack)