Need some help with the new Eve

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shyplix

07-19-2012

I'm loving the stealth rework done to Eve, and I think she's a fast jungler and excellent ganker (if you know how to position yourself). However, I'd like to know what would be the best runes/masteries to get a relatively safe jungle while dealing good damage

Right now, I'm going for 21/3/0 (not level 30 yet), flat AD Marks and Armor seals. I want to know what you guys think is best for her

Shyplix

07-19-2012

Up, up, up and away

Shyplix

07-19-2012

Bumpity bumpity bump.

IIShardII

07-19-2012

I have no idea whether this is good or not, as I've only played her two games (and done pretty well both games), but it seems to me that the new eve is a really really aggressive fighter now. With that said, and because hybrid champions are awesome, I've gone full hybrid aggro with runes and masteries, 30 in offense, attack reds, AP blues, armor yellows, and armor penetration quints.

(Also I hate how you can't lane gank through the bush as evelynn... I think if you are in a bush and close to them, then they shouldn't be able to know you are there. They can't see champions in the bush even if they have oracles, so why should they be able to see her just cause of her new passive. >_< )

VyCMA1800

07-19-2012

To the above: I may be wrong, although I don't think they can see you its just showing the detection range so if you were to step out of the brush they would see you immediately. They should probably do something with that indicator to make it more clear. EDIT: also if they have a sight ward in the brush AND you are in detection range they can see you

I've been having a lot of jungle success with her and actually run 9/21/0, taking the obvious points in offense and all the standard jungle mastery's in defense. I like running ignite or exhaust and smite, finding that I don't die too often thanks to a great w and smart initiation. For runes, I'm going choice blues (MR is safe) armor yellows attack speed reds and armor pen quints, although i think any combination of ad junglers reds and quints would work fine. The jungle is fast, VERY safe if you run cloth 5 and not that dangerous with boots 3. Since she clears so fast I wait till I'm 4 and double buffed and her damage combined with w and good stealth positioning usually gets a kill regardless of flash.

I always build wriggles and sheen but have a lot of variety after that, she seems to scale with almost any item

Drace Sylvanian

07-19-2012

I tried jungling her with cloth + 5 pots with 21/9/0 masteries and AS reds, AS blues, AD quints and Armor yellows. It...doesn't really work. Had to use all 5 pots and ended my jungle far under half health.

Did it again with 9/21/0, 3 AS reds and 6 Arpen reds, AD quints and AS blues and Armor yellows. WAY better.

I start Cloth + 5 pots. Then upgrade that to Wriggles, get Zerkers or Merc Treads (Don't spend enough time stealthed for move really fast boots, imo). Get Sheen into Trinity Force. Then... I don't really know. I have been trying different things. Wit's End seemed to do well. So did Bilgewater Cutlass and into Gunblade. GA or Force or something would be welcome.

Or perhaps only get Sheen, and get Frozen Mallet instead for tanky? I doubt it.

Malcoire

07-19-2012

I agree with Drace, a setup very similar to his first one didn't feel right. After you get your items, however, you cut the jungle like a hot knife through butter, so it's definitely a good start. It also lets you gank deliciously well. I'll test the 9/21/0 setup instead.

People keep complaining that her detection area is too large. I try to fix this by closing the gap faster by stacking movement speed, with Quints and boots of Mobility. The choice of boots is fantastic for roaming and ganking, but sometimes I just wish I could pick Merc Treads instead. Supposing I get the treads, I feel like her speed between lanes is subpar (since W brings you out of stealth and has a hefty cooldown unless you refresh it with a kill at low levels), and ganks are generally less effective. Any workarounds for this?
I also feel like the reason I take so much damage in the early jungle is because I don't kill them fast enough - Would Flat AD quints help? Flat ArPen? Should I change my marks from AD to something else?

Also, what would you get for glyphs? I'm a fan of MR/Lv to help with defenses, but I'm starting to think some AP/Lv would help a lot, since whatever little AP you get (from TriForce, for instance) would add up when spamming Q.

VyCMA1800

07-20-2012

Yeah 9/21 is the way to roll

AD quints aren't a bad idea, you could probably mixed arpen and AS red with ad quints to maximize damage.

I don't think you need to stack movespeed, as her w allows such a ridiculous mspeed that you would probably hit the cap frequently. I think the key is to position properly. I've noticed that 100% of the time I can hate spike right as the enemy sees me, which then procs the w passive and bam you're probably already moving faster than the enemy.

I really think MR/Lv is far more worth the defense the AP would be, especially with an AD/hybrid build seeming more popular now.

Etherimp

07-20-2012

I ran her 21/9/0 with 10 Armor Pen, AD Reds, Armor Yellows, and MR Per level blues, and cleared jungle just fine. went Q W, and ganked right away, and got first blood. Went back to jungle and finished clear, proceeded to get Wriggles, then went Mobility Boots and Trinity Force, picking up Sheen or Phage first, depending on how focused you're getting.

After mid game I started getting focused and died alot, but the enemy team was literally burning ALL of their cooldowns to kill me.. This includes Malz ult, Alistar CC, etc.. This allowed my team to clean up and considering I got them fed during laning phase by applying constant pressure, they were all pretty well off.

I'm sure 9/21/0 works as well, but I think the trick with Eve is to start ganking ASAP. You can even rush Red.. As long as you're stealthed you're gaining free mana, so it's worth it to get red for the extra damage, slow, and early gank. You can also do some super nasty counter-jungling and after you get wriggles your jungle goes very fast.

I level Q W Q E E R E E Q E ..Priotizing R, E, then Q, leaving W as a one point wonder until late game.

With Trinity Force + Mobility boots, you move exceptionally fast around the map and since most wards can't see you and you're constantly regenning mana it really opens up a lot of opportunities.. combined with your W you can hit and run very efficiently.

Late game I built a Wits End and Guardian Angel since I was getting focused. I think my final build was something like...

Wriggles, Mobility Boots, Trinity Force, Wits End, Guardian Angel, and then I was going to build Madreds.

Not saying this is optimal build, just worked the game I tried it.

gl.

VyCMA1800

07-20-2012

I think the above could definitely have success, but she's so good at clearing the jungle right now I don't think she NEEDS to prioritize fast ganking. If you're playing ranked I would say just check out the lanes and see which are gankable to determine masteries and route and what not.