Top Eight Challenger Circuit Teams Head to Regionals

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

räen bøw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollasaurus92 View Post
Where is this money coming from ? Chinese *** slaves in america that all the chinese big wigs use thats where this whole tournament is funded by slavery and mexican drug cartels open your eyes and you will be free to see the evil in which this company does business
what the hell did i just read

Nvision

07-20-2012

DotA should be leading the way right now but they aren't like LoL. DotA is completely free to play but it's an elite circuit. Hard to get into. Now that DotA 2 is out, hopefully it will surpass LoL like it should have. I admired LoL's faster paced PvP but its not truly an RTS if you don't really strategize. The Elo teams do strategize, but mid-game they just kind of teamfight and hold up. with DotA, you are forming a strategy throughout the whole game. Games tend to last an hour or more. Fastest DotA game I have ever played was 22min and they had 3 AFK. And with LoL the screen lock function is annoying. Skilled players consider an unlocked screen second nature. I think League of Legends gets the Esports ranking because it is easier and can be mastered. DotA is much harder to master and not for first time RTS'ers. Anyone coming from LoL to DotA would most likely be asked to Uninstall. Anyone going from DotA to LoL will most likely have a team with them, but the chances of anyone swapping over to LoL from DotA are...not high. LoL is a direct rip-off of DotA. which is not a bad thing, LoL has expanded its horizen and proven its difference, but without DotA it wouldn't exist. I can't wait for a DotA elo. the competition process will be much more intense and skillful. GL and HF Summoners.

Nvision

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brethren Am View Post
I seriously think that LOL is going to be big in the future of Esports i hope they lead the way
DotA 2 will crush LoL in the long run. but most LoL players will be denied access to DotA 2. It's nothing against them but DotA community hates LoL because LoL stole their game and made it more pvp oriented and less strategy oriented. So DotA is really more of an RTS than LoL. SC and DotA are tight in the same category. LoL and Dota are like comparing MS-DOS to Windows Vista to Windows XP. Just because one is newer and prettier doesn't mean it's better, just easier to use. A true hacker/tactician would use Win XP anyday. but I didn't compare Linux to Windows because it's not the same. Linux and Windows would be like comparing two different genre's all together. like CoD and Midnight Club. so don't worry Unix users :P. DotA will take it's coarse. I am upset about valve taking control. Valve does so many silly things. I admit they are efficient, but they are just as annoying as Facebook employees or Apple employees. being innovative is nice, but they never ACTUALLY stick to that cute charade they put on. They are cold-hearted deep down. They just want to be fed. Facebook employees 999mil users/*security*/*yearly ad revenue*. Facebook users *number of friends*/*number of hours spent on FB*/*number of messages you get per day*

cschris54321

07-20-2012

And THIS is why i love living in cali

Massive Banana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaiKentov View Post
DotA 2 will crush LoL in the long run. but most LoL players will be denied access to DotA 2. It's nothing against them but DotA community hates LoL because LoL stole their game and made it more pvp oriented and less strategy oriented. So DotA is really more of an RTS than LoL. SC and DotA are tight in the same category. LoL and Dota are like comparing MS-DOS to Windows Vista to Windows XP. Just because one is newer and prettier doesn't mean it's better, just easier to use. A true hacker/tactician would use Win XP anyday. but I didn't compare Linux to Windows because it's not the same. Linux and Windows would be like comparing two different genre's all together. like CoD and Midnight Club. so don't worry Unix users :P. DotA will take it's coarse. I am upset about valve taking control. Valve does so many silly things. I admit they are efficient, but they are just as annoying as Facebook employees or Apple employees. being innovative is nice, but they never ACTUALLY stick to that cute charade they put on. They are cold-hearted deep down. They just want to be fed. Facebook employees 999mil users/*security*/*yearly ad revenue*. Facebook users *number of friends*/*number of hours spent on FB*/*number of messages you get per day*
If by "strategic" you mean "determining who can abuse which game mechanic the most", then I would have to agree with you.

Zimski

07-20-2012

Ok, I don't know what all this dribble is on this topic, but for something actually related...it's a shame that there are so few teams going. They could have at least made it 16 teams. I mean Korea only gets to send 2. I'd like to see them be able to send more than just the Azubu teams.

Saituchiha

07-20-2012

Tsm <3.

Carony

07-20-2012

Quote:
Oh so you mean strategy in DoTA is smart? Dude all "pro" gamers in DoTA2 and DoTA use are champs with T/PD (True/Pure Damage). Now I'm not saying League is better but League actually depends more on skills because you can turn around a game depending on teamfights and feeding a carry. In DoTA, if you lose 1 or 2 teamfights, you're pretty much done with the game. VERY hard to come back from losing in DoTA, unless you have a hard carry and you pick people off 1v5.

Luinky Wonder

07-20-2012

Quote:
DotA should be leading the way right now but they aren't like LoL. DotA is completely free to play but it's an elite circuit. Hard to get into. Now that DotA 2 is out, hopefully it will surpass LoL like it should have. I admired LoL's faster paced PvP but its not truly an RTS if you don't really strategize. The Elo teams do strategize, but mid-game they just kind of teamfight and hold up. with DotA, you are forming a strategy throughout the whole game. Games tend to last an hour or more. Fastest DotA game I have ever played was 22min and they had 3 AFK. And with LoL the screen lock function is annoying. Skilled players consider an unlocked screen second nature. I think League of Legends gets the Esports ranking because it is easier and can be mastered. DotA is much harder to master and not for first time RTS'ers. Anyone coming from LoL to DotA would most likely be asked to Uninstall. Anyone going from DotA to LoL will most likely have a team with them, but the chances of anyone swapping over to LoL from DotA are...not high. LoL is a direct rip-off of DotA. which is not a bad thing, LoL has expanded its horizen and proven its difference, but without DotA it wouldn't exist. I can't wait for a DotA elo. the competition process will be much more intense and skillful. GL and HF Summoners.
Hard to get into.... YES. Why would i want to play a game that requires tons of hours to finally have fun... when i can play league of legends and have fun by spamming /j /j /t /d /l.
Why would i want to play a game where you get paired with high level players that ask you to uninstall in your first game???

DoTa was the best in its time... but League of Legends has the best of the best DoTa had.... it doenst depend on what the old DoTa was... it can change the way riot wants... i dont need to be playing 100 hours to finally master one hero... If you want to be a nerd/geek/****** that hates mainstream games... go ahead... ill stick with a game thats "Fun and Fast" TM.

PlagueFather

07-20-2012

I hope to see TSM vs M5 again, that was such a sick battle last time.