Change to the way Surrender works

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gigglestomp

Recruiter

07-19-2012

Instead of a /surrender vote popup "spam" every few minutes wouldn't it be less intrusive and more clean to do it the following way?

A greyed out small white flag button under the minion count at the top right of the interface. We are talking size similar to the ping buttons on the map. After 20 minutes the button becomes enabled and is no longer greyed out.

If you push the button a popup appears "Would you like to surrender?" Yes/No

After being selected (Yes) the button turns green. It can be pushed again to toggle it to red and change your mind about surrendering.
Edit: /Surrender in chat toggles your vote to yes. /Unsurrender untoggles your vote to no.

The game continues uninterrupted and WITH NO SURRENDER VOTING until 4/5 people have toggled surrender.

After 4/5 members have selected to surrender the surrender occurs and their nexus is destroyed.

At disconnect or leave for more than 5 minutes a player is considered to have toggled yes to surrender automatically. If they return the toggle is set back to No.

If you like the idea above, please show your support by replying to the thread. Otherwise Rioters may not see it.

Edit: Keep The Replies Going!! +1650 thumbs up and counting! Awesome guys!

Hopefully we get some red attention soon. This is a good quality of life change.

Good feedback! So far the thread summary is positive. Many players have expressed wishes that a final surrender confirmation box appears when 4/5 people have toggled yes.

Edit: Can any riot employees pass this on to the appropriate department?

Edit: Good feedback! Another idea put forth is for the popup that appears after toggling the flag to show the current yes count. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Edit: 1000 Upvote Milestone!!! Wohoo! Keep it coming guys!

Every time you +1 without posting another person plays Teemo.

Devynity

07-19-2012

The only problem with this I could see would be people forgetting to toggle the flag and having an unintended surrender go through, but I really like this idea!

Gigglestomp

Recruiter

07-19-2012

You could also have /surrender and /unsurrender to toggle it without clicking it.

BelligerentGnu

07-19-2012

Nah, bad idea. People already give up way too easy - once this happened people would be surrendering after every bad teamfight after 20 minutes.

Monkyupurbutt

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devynity View Post
The only problem with this I could see would be people forgetting to toggle the flag and having an unintended surrender go through, but I really like this idea!
That is a good point. I think he should change it: only when 4/5 people DO CHANGE their surrender flags to green, then another small icon appears near that surrender flag that says "4 or 5 people have chosen to surrender. Are you sure you would like to?" yes/no.

Monkyupurbutt

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
Nah, bad idea. People already give up way too easy - once this happened people would be surrendering after every bad teamfight after 20 minutes.
i see 0 difference at how this would effect that in any way.

Gigglestomp

Recruiter

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
This comment is silly. Your not making it any easier to surrender or any harder. Only less irritating. If you don't want to surrender don't click the thing and it counts as a no vote without you having to do diddly squat.

Monkyupurbutt

07-19-2012

Bump for glooory.

Rawr is FTW

07-19-2012

bumped

Holy Malevolence

07-19-2012

I honestly don't see why it isn't like this already.
It'd make things simpler.