No practice games w/out 6 humans?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tufjerky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

Is this a temporary measure? If so, any kind of ETA on when we can have 3-human games? I play LoL w/my kids and they play practice games (5 & 7 yr old). Yesterday since practice games weren't working for < 6 humans, we played a normal game - half way through the game, the 5 yr old ran in and said "Lets play a practice game next" and ran back to her PC. You can guess how well that 3v3 worked out for us

I know this is a PVP game and the bots are hopeless, but I'm hoping practice for < 6 humans comes back as the kids really enjoyed it.

Thanks

Bretannas

09-07-2010

We're discussing this in the help/support section. You're not alone.

Axel Grease

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

I have to say it's very disappointing. The extra influx of users should be expected right after PAX, and Riot should have prepared for it. Since most of these users are new, the solution should not be to restrict player count on practice games, especially when the tutorial instructs you to try some practice games with bots.

I've been trying to get some of my friends to play this for a while, and it's really discouraging when their first game is versus high-level players' alts. There's nothing they can do when they barely know the controls =(

I'd have expected new players to be welcomed, but all I've seen since I started (about a month ago) is a huge area of early level play where there's nothing but noob-stomping. That's no fun when you're brand new.

GreyKodiak

09-07-2010

Indeed.... "Here, learn this game by getting the Living Daylight smacked out of you repeatedly." I know some of these players are way better than me. Having it demonstrated ad nauseam is not my idea of a good time. I'm just trying to learn.... the bots were better for this...

Gaimcap

09-07-2010

Huh, I don't think anyone answered your question haha, sooo...

Yes, it is a temporarily measure. It's to counteract the extra influx that Axel mentioned. Too many players had joined and were bogging down the servers. The best temporary solution they could come up with was to make practice games require 6 players (At best this would potentially reduce the serverload by 80% of all running practice games).

Tezca Chuah

09-08-2010

OMG... i posted a discussion for this... and here it s.

Exists another way to train???

Kureno

09-08-2010

I actually found jumping straight into normal games worked for me. I picked up easily by watching enemy players.

Shasyr

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaimcap View Post
Huh, I don't think anyone answered your question haha, sooo...

Yes, it is a temporarily measure. It's to counteract the extra influx that Axel mentioned. Too many players had joined and were bogging down the servers. The best temporary solution they could come up with was to make practice games require 6 players (At best this would potentially reduce the serverload by 80% of all running practice games).
Heh, I love Riot's approach to handling the load presented by so many players. "Holy ****, so many people want to play it's too much for the servers!"

"Quick, make it harder for em to learn stuff! That'll stop em!"

In all seriousness though, of the zillion threads posted on this topic, have we heard any official word on how long this will last, and whether or not there will ever be a more permanent fix? I understand the need to lower the servers' workload, but i wanna be able to practice.

I know the wrenchmen are doing their best to help get us a response here's hoping!

ddaimyo

09-08-2010

It is very frustrating not being able to do practice games. But keep in mind that practice games eat up a lot of server bandwidth. A game with 1 player and 9 bots uses almost as much of Riot's resources as a game with 10 players. They limit the practice games to prevent the server from being overloaded and crashed.

Kritic

09-09-2010

Today i played a practice with just me and a buddy