Draft Picks and Matchup questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regtic

07-19-2012

I'm having trouble picking a mid that counters the opponent's pick.

Let's say they pick gragas, I don't know any real counter to him, who should I pick vs him?

I also don't really know who to pick if they choose:

Leblanc
Kassadin
Kennen

I've been going with ryze vs these picks and just let them win the early game.

What do you guys think?

ProPlayerEd

07-19-2012

Ryze doesn't have good early game which is where people want to get you at b4 you get tanky and start to get stronger. I believe Ryze can do somewhat well against kennen due to caging him when he uses his rush.

Kass counters many Ap mid laners but also has bad early game which is where you want to try to kill him. I believe Talon counter Kass ( And other soft ap mids) because b4 kass can get to lvl 6, Talon should be able to jump kass and burst him down b4 getting silenced due to E having a longer range than kasses Q.

Leblanc has great early game burst but she can't really farm well, especially under tower so someone who's somewhat tanky and a great pusher ( Morde, Galio ) This also applies to ryze who can't farm well under tower too.

Well this is what I know, Hope it helps
GL and HF on the Fields Of Justice Fellow Summoner!

Regtic

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPlayerEd View Post
Ryze doesn't have good early game which is where people want to get you at b4 you get tanky and start to get stronger. I believe Ryze can do somewhat well against kennen due to caging him when he uses his rush.

Kass counters many Ap mid laners but also has bad early game which is where you want to try to kill him. I believe Talon counter Kass ( And other soft ap mids) because b4 kass can get to lvl 6, Talon should be able to jump kass and burst him down b4 getting silenced due to E having a longer range than kasses Q.

Leblanc has great early game burst but she can't really farm well, especially under tower so someone who's somewhat tanky and a great pusher ( Morde, Galio ) This also applies to ryze who can't farm well under tower too.

Well this is what I know, Hope it helps
GL and HF on the Fields Of Justice Fellow Summoner!

I think I'll buy gragas for leblanc but I was thinking of some kind of ad or something better for kass.

Garlic Queen

07-19-2012

Pantheon and talon counter kass. Being skilled at any other ranged mage such as gragas or cassiopeia should be effective in lane against kennen. Pretty much all you can do against him is try to outfarm him and hope for a successful gank. Against leblanc, don't worry if she gets more farm than you early on because she falls off. A champion like morde is strong against her, because, like ed said, he can push her to her tower to keep her from farming. Also, keeping her at her tower prevents her from roaming, which is almost essential on leblanc.