Trundle tips anyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McNuggetts

07-19-2012

So lets get the obvious "tips" out of the way.

"Don't play him" "Choose another champ" "He's lame forget about him" or some other witty comment.

So I only play Blind Pick + Dominion and I'm looking to get some tips on how to play Trundle.

At one point i thought Kog'Maw sucked big time on Dom. Then i forked over a bunch of money to get the Lion Dance skin and forced myself to learn how to play him and now I usually do quite well with him and I think he's great. Having said that i refuse to believe that Trundle is just a big piece of garbage on Dominion. I'm sure it's operator error and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I usually play Akali, WuKong, Kog'Maw, Olaf, Alistar or Mundo. At one point i thought all of these guys (with the exception of Akali) were garbage but with time and patience i realized the problem was me, not the champ. I realize every champ has strengths and weaknesses. I'm having a heck of a time finding Trundle's strengths.

For anyone out there still reading, what USEFUL tips do you have on how to play a successful Trundle? Info about masteries/runepages and general strat with him would be nice. Does he make a good bot choice? Can anyone link any good videos or build guides or tips for him on Dominion.

LegendaryEnemy

07-19-2012

I am not a member of the SSoTP. I am an advocate of Trundle Really Ought to Leave League. TROLL is for the greater good.
- This message was endorsed by The Secret Society of Trundle Players

In all serious, this is my Trundle guide:

Hit and Rundle:

Skill Order
- Start: QWE
- Max: Q, then E, then W. Having a greater slow and a shorter cooldown on pillar will ultimately serve you better than having a long cooldown on pillar that does little to slow. Also put a point into R whenever you have the option.

Item build order:
- Start: Boots+Prospectors
- Brutalizer+Phage is your next goal
- Ghostblade+Mercs is your next goal
- Atmas Impaler+Vampiric Scepter is your next goal
- End Game: Trinity+Zekes is probably your best best to finish with.

CDR is good on Trundle, especially on Dominion. You can have pillar up nonstop.

Runes:
- Armor Pen Reds
- Flat Armor Yellows
- 7 MR per level Blues
- 2 CDR per level Blues
- MS Quints

Masteries:
0/21/9 Take Movement speed and cdr per level.

Notes:
- Ghostblade is WOW on trundle. get your ghostblade and your w going at the same time and watch limbs fly.
- Early game trinity force leaves you defficient in AD for too long.
- You end a bit on the squishie side so steal people's stats in tougher fights. CDR means more ultying.
- Use your pillar as a brush revealer or a temporary ward when needed. Its a good way to warn your team what is coming.

Summoner Spells:
- I like Exhaust, just for survivability reasons. Anything else is good on Trundle.

AbsolutePK

07-19-2012

Don't let me play Trundle.

As long as you do that you should be fine.

LegendaryEnemy

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
Don't let me play Trundle.

As long as you do that you should be fine.
herp.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Go R>Q>W>E, the way I see it is that if you have to run from me, I won the fight. Dominion is all about zoning people out. E is nice but only if your team is strong and can win head on confrontation.

Learn to auto+Q in very very quick succession and you learned Trundle. If you want to get to pro-level pay attention to your AD ranged and pop a pillar between him and the enemy AFTER they blow their gap-closer. If you aim if correctly you'll split them apart and your teammate will thank you for it.

McNuggetts

07-20-2012

Thanks for the help.

I want to believe that Trundies has some redeeming qualities making him viable option. I'll give these suggestions some looking into.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

one thing is not to put your contaminated zone right on top of your points if you are forced to fight there
more or less leaving a quarter of your contaminated zone inside it and the rest outside it, that way you cna close the gap with fleeing opponents and put a pillar onto their faces forcing them to stroll by your turret, while being hit by it and your teammates.

mojib

07-20-2012

Early game in that first rush to top, use contaminate to buff your ms so that you get there more quickly then cast pillar at the chokepoint where champs usually come up. Unless the other team has ghosted to top, you will have created a bit of a traffic jam at the pillar and leave your team open to grab/nuke the other team or straight out delay them.

MMKH

07-20-2012

Trundle only excels vs other bruisers and tanks IMO. If there is even a ranged carry who can kite him, he is dead.

DaRatmastah

07-20-2012

Personally, when I run trundle I prefer ignite as a summoner rather than exhaust. Ignite+his ult=dead anything. Besides that I can't really add much more to this, as better players have already contributed XD