Attempting to Reconnect problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K3eT

07-26-2012

my average ping is low, between 60-90. i have no sign of disconnecting untill it is "attempting to reconnect."

Capt BonerHard

07-26-2012

i have a powerful Gaming computer
internet speed from 10 to 15 mbs

this had happen to me and the worst part its that u stay there standing like afk ,while everyone else moves so the enemy team just either kills you or it happens you where auto attacking and you keep following that champion until turret and dive and die like a noob
when this happens its been on rare occasional times when i actually go back

i come to the conclusion using alf f4 will make me go back and ill i have to do its reconnect like old times so i wont die and give my enemy a free kill

FlamingLily

07-26-2012

NA servers
relatively new computer; never had issues before recent patch
Internet Speed: 54.0mbs
currently at "attempting to reconnect" : fps 10-11 with 500 ping ; usually fps 50-60 with, I think, 30 ping.

I actually disconnected due to my internet shutting off. So the "attempting to reconnect" naturally came up. Spent a few minutes getting myself back online (router issue).
Disconnected at least 14 minutes ago, got back online probably 5-8 minutes later, still have the "attempting to reconnect" going. Occasionally the yellow bar seems to speed up... but then randomly slow down.

JtimeAu

07-26-2012

Having the same problem. Normally occurs during peakier hours (5p US - ~3am US) (i'm in Australia) I'll disconnect from champ select, i'll have partial disconnects in game (where i can see what everyone else is doing there, but i can't move and get my face punched in) and once i do disconnect in-game (attempting to reconnect) it never actually happens...

Tried similar troubleshooting to other posters, other friends in aus have the same problem

p.s.: if i try to leave game once attempting to reconnect i bugsplat

p.p.s i've made it to about 1/10 post matches as the client crashes after most games.

fresh reinstalls, removing p2p, etc...you name it i've done it.

Kennith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

ATTEMPTING TO RECONNECT ATTEMPTING TO RECONNECT ATTEMPTING TO RECONNECT. wtf

Ðeftones

07-27-2012

i heard the issue might actually be caused by running multiple anti spyware programs at once

Endertome

07-28-2012

I doubt that, Deftones. I run one (very reliable) anti-spyware program and it kills my connection fairly fast. I've also taken steps to ensure that my antivirus and spyware killers know League of Legends is "allowed" so they shouldn't be interacting with it in the first place.

I think it may be related to the server software. Nothing on my end seems to be causing this.

EDIT: Noticed there was a recent patch. Tried the Training Battle tutorial mission. "Attempting to Reconnect" before I even got to the first turret.

EDIT EDIT: Disabled my spyware and antivirus just to test that theory, Deftones. It had no effect on the "Attempting to Reconnect" issue whatsoever. I've since turned them back on.

So this new player will just continue being unable to ... play.

Darsher

07-28-2012

I am having the same problem and it is making me very frustrated. I have 58-60 FPS and my ping is only 75-85. I occasionally get this Attempting to Reconnect thing but I can still see other champions move and fight. It has caused me to not even touch ranked games anymore and I hate playing normal because I end up feeding when I go into a fight I get Attempting to Reconnect. I guess the only thing we can do is not play the game for right now? Thats what I'm doing anyways. Which I hate but I don't play a game to end up feeding and losing every time.

Anemona

07-28-2012

same problems, but im in Europe (playing on NA).
average ping is 200 and fps are close to 80 ~ 90. (although i use capped fps in game, so it displays less than that)
average ping when in south america was 300 and average ping on US was 90.

having more trouble with the in game delays from this problems than the "reconecting" per se.
but already got some bugsplats and leaves due to it.

i must be really unlucky, always getting the hipsters bugs...all of them.
("each patch" one bug gets fixed and i get a brand new and shiny different one)

Endertome

07-28-2012

From the sound of it, this is exclusive to the NA servers. I wonder what's different other than location.